Ulster Ulster Bank redress in this quarter

Got sorted this week.
was within 400quid of what we had calculated over 2hours at the kitchen table one evening last year using brendans calculator.
It took 14 months to get sorted.

At times had to pinch myself to wonder was this really happening. Agree with that other person- have never been treated
like this by anyone in all my adult life. Paying out USC since 2008 from the bailout and on top of that loosing out to these robbers for
years and years.

Happy with redress, would rather not disclose. The 12% compenstation wasnt worth the stress of waiting. Will be fighthing on a related point.

Many thanks to the people who went on TV and the airwaves, Paraic etc. Hope everyone gets sorted soon.

Hi guys

Is the credit figure what you over paid ? As i mentioned 38,000 has be taken off the mortgage balance. I was on an interest only agreement for five years. So they have credited my ac to get us back to where the balance should be. However we would not have chosen for the over payment to be credited against the mortgage as we need cash flow now with change in circumstances. Can i request this payment if it was what

....we overpaid before the arrangement. We had no arrears on the account just negotiated a reduced payment in that period.

OMG made a phone call to bank about 5 today to see if I could put my mortgage account online and he said no....thought fine and then he said is there anything else you want to know as there was a change to your account on Friday.....he then tells me its been reduced ....whop whop redress he said was sorted on Friday ....he gave me the amount I will be getting.....tried ringing the tracker phone line but closed till morning....was wondering is the amount you are getting include the compensation or is that a separate amount/cheque and also will it include money for to cover for financial advices....they told us in a letter last year that we would get

Hi Joanne the credit figure includes your overpayment and redress. The way the Ulster Bank are doing it is your account is being brought back to the way it would be if you had been on a tracker, there is no option to receive this amount only the actual overpayments you have made over the years unfortunately.

Hi Mortub,

Thanks for confirming this. What's troubling me is i think our over payments was more then this . Our mortgage was being over paid by 600 pm for 9 years. All will be revealed when we receive our letter. Overall its great news all round.

@DCH247 great news!! joanne have they told you how far back you are impacted? It seems most cases are only going back to 2008/2009. Hard to know really until you receive the letter. Hopefully you will have that soon. I am still waiting but our case is complex enough so I'd say i will be number 3500

Happy days Joanne.. delighted.. I rang this morning and still no ajustment, looks like mine won't be sorted till June..
Same here. I've a migraine the past 2 days and I know it's caused by the stress of all this. Rang this morning too praying that there would be good news but nothing. Feel like life has just stopped, the upset is never ending.

Same here. I've a migraine the past 2 days and I know it's caused by the stress of all this. Rang this morning too praying that there would be good news but nothing. Feel like life has just stopped, the upset is never ending.
How they are getting away with it I don't know, 14 months to put things right and still waiting with no communication on therebside is a disgrace.. 3 kids on my own I can't deal with the stress anymore and trying to switch off from it all is very hard!

Great news joanne! Did they calculate the compensation on the full amount? Great news if that is the case. Bel18 & oopsy
Its just cruel. It is completely consuming my life at this stage! Even the kids know AAM is my favourite site!

No just read the pack and i got 13.5 on the smaller amount , not on the credit. I got 3000 app for tvm i think that is what its called , 5000 app for compensation and 200 and 600 towards bank charged/ legal fees so over 9000 more . Walking and texting , dont have it in front of me. Also monthly payment has come down by about 200 a month. I really hope your time will come soon. Fingers crossed.

No just read the pack and i got 13.5 on the smaller amount , not on the credit. I got 3000 app for tvm i think that is what its called , 5000 app for compensation and 200 and 600 towards bank charged/ legal fees so over 9000 more . Walking and texting , dont have it in front of me. Also monthly payment has come down by about 200 a month. I really hope your time will come soon. Fingers crossed.
Thanks a mil Joanne.

Back