Ulster Ulster Bank redress in this quarter

Yes that makes sense, the good thing is that when we went interest only the mortgage came down to what it should have been and it wont now be lobbed onto the end so that was a great move for us without realising.
Thanks

Thank god I can’t check my mortgage account or my head would be wrecked. I so hope I’m not going to be waiting until June for my redress.
Quick question in case anyone who got their compensation back would know. I took out mortgage 2005 fixed 2006 - 2008 and then wasn’t offered my tracker back in 2008 so fixed again until 2010. Would anyone know should I get the redress from 2008 or 2010?

Apologies for delay in reply. No contact from ub on taking mortgage back. Waiting for appeal pack.

Apologies for delay in reply. No contact from ub on taking mortgage back. Waiting for appeal pack.

Should they not offer to take you back on a tracker and return you to the position you should have been in if they had not refused to return your tracker back then, and as if you had been paying on a tracker rate all along. After all you only moved because of their refusal. I am surprised they have not made more of an effort in your situation?

@AnneB77 you should be offered redress and compensation from 2008.

@Clamball @Sambo19 the key thing seems to be the document trail. In the example of @notabene case, they had a very strong paper trail all the way to the FSO requesting they put her back on her tracker rate. Obviously in some cases, customers would have moved banks anyway - say for example if they refinanced to buy another property. You need to be able to prove that the reason you moved was to avail of a better rate.

From my own point of view, since redress in December we've had a number of (incredibly) frustrating meetings with bank staff about complaints we've raised. We get the sense that they are stalling us for some reason. We've taken legal and financial advice. Over 2 weeks ago we decided to go for an appeal and have started to collate our case even though the pack itself hasn't arrived yet.

At this point, we are very annoyed with the bank (plus ca change). They asked us to enter into discussions with them, which we did in good faith. They have proven to be a massive waste of our time and resources. We thought that entering discussions would show that we were open to negotiating with the bank. Instead we got tied up in meetings where we were paid lip service.

The financial risk of going to court is a huge concern to us and therefore we will go to appeals first. The personal toll this continues to take on our family is huge.

Sambo19 my friend is in exact same boat as u. Fixed til 2008 with UB, no tracker back so moved to AIB and just recently through dealing with P Kids and she's gotten offer of being taking back on and looks like full compensation will be paid. As usual there is no consistency but from what I can see you should be getting taking back on too and full refunds. This friend had zero paper trail until start looking into it in 2014 or so. They know they've to deal with switchers and she certainly hasn't had to prove anything as it was obvious why they moved rate. Just so frustrating how different one exact case can be from the next. I would not stop if I were u til u got same offer.

May I ask those that have got their redress and compensation were any of you former fa customers?
Needless to say no change in account again this morning

This morning by online banking shows a decrease in my outstanding mortgage of about 9% of total amount. A large credit and smaller debit on the account makes up the 9%. I guess I will get a cheque for the debit amount + compensation.

I'm stunned.

Drew down mortgage in Dec 2004. Notified I was impacted Dec 2016. Not a FA customer.

Thanks to @Brendan Burgess and all on this forum; it's been my only solace during this awful process. Fingers crossed for all those still awaiting news.

You done well To get any info out of them. They are like robots when I call....your in the system mrs. ***, we hope that all accounts will be redressed and compensation paid by June, thank you for your patience .... they drive me crazy!!
I know @Deenie thats the first time I got that much information.They are so frustrating. They still have a long way to go to hit 2500 by next week!!!

Hi I received appeal pack. The case for which I moved was because of not been allowed to go on tracker and as I was on my own at the time every half of a percent made a huge difference

Back