Ulster UB staff/ex staff

Hi

Just to keep people updated and give you heads up re a timeframe I’ve been through final response, letters back and forth, and now at adjudication stage with ombudsman, which can take 6-12 months!
Thanks for the update
Is the adjudication stage the part where customer and bank are going back and forward supplying more challenge/evidence etc? Is the timeframe Youve specified including the delay while.ombudsman waited for cbi to do their final report or the normal timeframe for any complaint not just tracker cases.
Thanks so much..if my understanding is correct...I am at same stage as you..it's over a year however since we received our final response letter.

Thanks for the update
Is the adjudication stage the part where customer and bank are going back and forward supplying more challenge/evidence etc? Is the timeframe Youve specified including the delay while.ombudsman waited for cbi to do their final report or the normal timeframe for any complaint not just tracker cases.
Thanks so much..if my understanding is correct...I am at same stage as you..it's over a year however since we received our final response letter.
Yes back/forth stage completed and now in “formal adjudication stage”....I initially raised complaint Aug 2018 having received my final response letter back then. Email from
Ombudsman to advise “ it may take between 6 – 12 months before a decision is finalised, depending on the complexity of the complaint itself”. They will be in contact as soon as a Preliminary Decision has been reached. I had googled re timeframe for adjudication stage and seen similar stories on other threads....would seem they may have to wait until CBI announce the tracker issue is complete?!? Such a long waiting game

@Wa1ting can you clarify, did they send the email advising of 6-12month wait after it has gone to adjudication or was that time line proposed when you initially contacted them in August 2018?

Just checking in to see if anyone else has had any progress since? Were now on our third response to FSPO!!!
Hi JM, no further update from me, still waiting on first response from FSPO but hopefully others may have news?.
JM, When u say it’s your third response to FSPO, has it been to UB each time and they have responded and then you have to respond each time?

Hi JM, no further update from me, still waiting on first response from FSPO but hopefully others may have news?.
JM, When u say it’s your third response to FSPO, has it been to UB each time and they have responded and then you have to respond each time?
Hi there
Yes that's exactly what I am saying the first was their response to the Ombudsmans questions they had 20 days to do that...then on receipt of that information, we then responded with our comments and points. Our letter was then sent to their complex complaint team to which it took 15 days to come back ( they had 10) think they got it back to fspo under the wire but took a few days then for them to send us a copy...we then had a further 10 days to comment and that's where we are now..just having sent back out further points. According to the thread posts above once rhat process stops and neither party want to make any further points we should allow up to 6 months/1 year for a ruling.... what a lengthy process...good job I am feeling determined not to give up!

Below is my exact response...just about a month ahead of JMexubanker....hopefully it will be less than 6-12 months!
D54A42DE-F0B4-452B-8F6A-7DF9BB8C5298.png

Wondering has anyone any update on their case? Weve gone back in a 4th response to UB via the FSPO this week.
I must say what I found really insulting is the language used by the bank in their latest response saying that on the other part of our mortgage that we got our tracker back on after rolling from a fixed ( where we complained at the time of rolling off in 20 113 and subsequently complaint was upheld) they basically said they only reinstated tracker then as a gesture of goodwill!! Did anyone else get this too? I found that a very hard pill to swallow.....a gesture of good will..that needed more remediation because they didn't reinstate it properly and we were deemed impacted by TME and even when they compensated us they then followed up with a further redress offering 8 months later but now they are defending their behaviour and new argument saying it was a gesture of goodwill!!! Only the biggest scandal in banking history in Ireland and Ulster Bank want to call it this!

Hi

Just to keep people updated and give you heads up re a timeframe I’ve been through final response, letters back and forth, and now at adjudication stage with ombudsman, which can take 6-12 months!
Why the long response time?

Folks is there any interest in getting a committee together here to get more momentum on this issue. Conscious some cases are still with FSPO to be assessed. If there is interest I'd be happy to facilitate discussion/ meeting/ central email box

Folks is there any interest in getting a committee together here to get more momentum on this issue. Conscious some cases are still with FSPO to be assessed. If there is interest I'd be happy to facilitate discussion/ meeting/ central email box
Great idea, count me in, thanks

Guys
Just wondering does anyone have any update on progress, its been a while.... Mine is still going through the FSPO process, about to respond to UB's response to my complaint, but wondering are others still in that space as well?

My case is in adjudication since July 2019..... I followed up on it recently but got a response to say due to complexities of my case and Covid etc they cldnt give me an updated timeframe (was initially 6-12 mths). They are being done in Adjudication date order but further delays can occur re cases ahead of mine being dealt with as issues arise with them.

Article online from Aug 20 saying 1,200 cases being assessed.

Received a letter today from the FSPO advising that the FSPO issued a legally binding decision in May on a complaint 'similar to yours' which upheld the complaint and directed the service provider to reapply the tracker rate, repay any overpaid interest and pay compensation. That decision has now been appealed to the High Court and the FSPO is waiting on the High Court decision before progressing my complaint. Will be a few months before the HC makes its decision. Interesting.....

Back