Two litres of milk price increase/Dunnes?

Wow - thanks for the heads up. I notice mine is down to a week now alright.

Actually this now is a pain as I am going on a weeks holiday soon and will lose the initial €5 off voucher. Anyone know of a way of getting a new voucher without having to spend €25 again ?
Elcato, If you're on facebook there are some groups where vouchers are sought and shared, for example if coming close to expiry.

Re the Dunnes Vouchers, apparently if you shop online with them the €10 off €50 discount is applied automatically (same as the vouchers) AND you also get vouchers for use in store, either physical vouchers with your receipt on delivery, or via the Dunnes App if your clubcard is registered.

Last edited:
While we are all watching the expiry date on the vouchers see that they have now increased the milk again to €2.29. I even glanced at the sign on the fridge and I'm almost sure it was still stating €2.09 but receipt shows €2.29! So from 1st January it has gone from €1.49 to €2.29.
I get the 3 litre size of semi-skimmed milk in Dunnes, and this has increased again in price from €2.90 last week to €3.20 when I last shopped on Wednesday.
Previously, there was a long standing offer where you could get two of the 3 litre cartons for €4 :(

Not sure at the moment if it was a glitch or the new norm but Dunnes didn't give us a €5 off €25 voucher this week
Normally when spending either €50 or €75 we would have got this voucher
Have Dunnes stopped the extra €5 off €25 on Thursday, Friday and Saturday shops??

Will be shopping later so will let you know. I'm not sure if that happened to me last week but I had a few different vouchers to use up and it can sometimes be the combinations that you use. Wouldn't surprise me though if they do drop this particular offer for Christmas. People are spending lots of money either way so why bother giving them something that they don't have to and save Dunnes a lot of money too. They are probably out of pocket a lot this week too with people using up their Valueclub card vouchers that were issued recently.

@Cervelo

They do appear to have dropped the extra €5 voucher that you mention. You appear to only get a €5 if you spend €25 and €10 if you spend €50 and nothing else.

That's a pity and will result is a few small changes in our shopping habit's either in more frequent trips and/or bigger spends

People are spending lots of money either way so why bother giving them something that they don't have to and save Dunnes a lot of money too. They are probably out of pocket a lot this week too with people using up their Valueclub card vouchers that were issued recently.
I always assumed that the voucher system Dunnes use wasn't really self funded but was made possible by their suppliers through long term agreements (LTA's). Back in the day when we were thinking of running any sort of promotion or discount offer, it was only approved once the supermarket was able to maintain it's profit margins or the majority of that margin and the only time they took a sizable hit on that margin was when it was their own branded items
Either way no matter who is funding it it has probably become a cost that has to be looked at given the huge increases in the cost of doing business here over the last year and we could be looking at the demise of the €10 off €50 voucher, hopefully not

That's a pity and will result is a few small changes in our shopping habit's either in more frequent trips and/or bigger spends

I always assumed that the voucher system Dunnes use wasn't really self funded but was made possible by their suppliers through long term agreements (LTA's). Back in the day when we were thinking of running any sort of promotion or discount offer, it was only approved once the supermarket was able to maintain it's profit margins or the majority of that margin and the only time they took a sizable hit on that margin was when it was their own branded items
Either way no matter who is funding it it has probably become a cost that has to be looked at given the huge increases in the cost of doing business here over the last year and we could be looking at the demise of the €10 off €50 voucher, hopefully not
Probably drop them to €8 and €4.

I had 4 x €10 off vouchers from SuperValu on a €50 spend. I used one of them. Gave one away in the supermarket to another shopper and binned the rest. I always get the impression that SuperValu do not have the right sort of marketing people. Dunnes Stores are miles ahead of them in their thinking and promotions.

I have two of the €5 Dunnes vouchers on the go. Two shops a week. Even then I am struggling to use them.

I like my once monthly visit to Lidl to get items not available in Dunnes and I have also warmed to the Tesco Clubcard promotions. They also have different products to Dunnes.

I 'lost' my €5 off voucher when I went on holidays as they changed it to one week duration. I am shopping in Lidl since as I was hoping they might send me a voucher to entice me back via Value Club but no luck so far. I have certain stuff I buy in Dunnes to make use of the voucher but so far I either buy them individually or go elsewhere.

Regarding lidl, their app is useless ,never see anything worth going for on it. Also I think you have to actually select the individual offer on the app before buying the product. I'm open to correction on that though

Regarding lidl, their app is useless ,never see anything worth going for on it. Also I think you have to actually select the individual offer on the app before buying the product. I'm open to correction on that though
I agree. We don't bother with it at all. I think you can only purchase one item if on special offer also.

Yes you have to activate the offer. But what's good is that if you activate 4 offers they are applied when paying.
With Supervalu or Tesco app, each offer has to be scanned individually.

What's bad about the LIDL app, well it isn't really the app - often the item is out of stock, or it is difficult to determine which particular product from the range the offer is for.

I just looked at the lidl app there now, so a free box of celebration sweets for a spend of 50euros, wow, sure they have them for sale for 4euros anyway

Much inferior to anything tesco or dunnes are offering. With tesco they actually tailer their offers to products they know you buy.

Much inferior to anything tesco or dunnes are offering. With tesco they actually tailer their offers to products they know you buy.
It would be a mistake to base your shopping choices on gimmicks such as these, they are after all funded by the consumer and are designed purely to encourage you to spend more.

@Cervelo

If you are driving and doing more trips don't forget the fuel cost. Have a relative who drives around the different stores based on the all the offers on his apps. He gets a kick out of it but does not stop and think about the extra fuel needed. Penny wise and pound foolish :) No talking to him.

Not sure if you know that you can split your shopping into maybe two lots of €25 instead of one €50 which I do all the time to keep up my €25 vouchers. Some of the assistants are not too impressed but tough, that's their job. Customer is always right even when they're wrong :p:p
I had to pay separately for my late mother's shopping for a long time and there was no big deal about that.

I am very anti-app for shopping mainly due to the amount of time it takes the idiot masses to get their phone out and open the damn app to 'scan' their card. Same with the vouchers. Half the time they don't scan at the self-sertvice as well.

If you are driving and doing more trips don't forget the fuel cost.
Not sure if you know that you can split your shopping into maybe two lots of €25 instead of one €50
Was thinking along both those trains of thought last night, then I was thinking Good God where has my life gone ;)

Found this on the Dunnes website

"Selected Valueclub members receive an exclusive offer of (1) † €5 off €25 voucher upon swiping their card in the transaction. Max 1 Voucher is issued per transaction. This promotion is excluded in the following stores: Bray Grocery, Finglas, Cardiffbridge Road, Georges St Convenience, Henry St, North Earl St., Stephens Green, Saggart, Harveys Quay Limerick, Drogheda West Street Grocery, Edward Square Galway, Redmond Square Wexford, Patrick St & Bishopstown Curraheen Rd Cork."

Seems we might have been "Unselected" :oops:

Also what's the story with all the excluded stores, seems a bit unfair??

Last edited:
I 'lost' my €5 off voucher when I went on holidays as they changed it to one week duration. I am shopping in Lidl since as I was hoping they might send me a voucher to entice me back via Value Club but no luck so far. I have certain stuff I buy in Dunnes to make use of the voucher but so far I either buy them individually or go elsewhere.
Would this be of any help??
"Customers who spend €/£10 or more on qualifying Textile products will be issued a €/£5 off €/£25 grocery Shop & Save voucher"

Would this be of any help??
"Customers who spend €/£10 or more on qualifying Textile products will be issued a €/£5 off €/£25 grocery Shop & Save voucher"

That's a very old offer and long since finished AFAIK. Certainly can't see it applying at Christmas when the spending is wild in Dunnes.

Also what's the story with all the excluded stores, seems a bit unfair??

It does indeed, very odd too. I always find that the local staff don't know an awful lot about the vouchers and how they work other than the basic rules.

Back