Two litres of milk price increase/Dunnes?

That's a very old offer and long since finished AFAIK. Certainly can't see it applying at Christmas when the spending is wild in Dunnes.

It does indeed, very odd too. I always find that the local staff don't know an awful lot about the vouchers and how they work other than the basic rules.
The €5 off €25 voucher when you purchase clothing/homewares seems to be back as a pre-christmas offer, in some stores at least. I unexpectedly got one the other day in the Swords Pavilions store.

The €5 off €25 voucher when you purchase clothing/homewares seems to be back
I was going to avail of this in the new year when I spend some money on clothes or home in the sale alright. I assumed you had to spend 25 to get the original. I can't remeber only spending between 10 and 20 and whether I got a voucher as well. For now I'll stick to the freedom of not having to think about a shop in Dunnes if I want to just buy one thing.

For now I'll stick to the freedom of not having to think about a shop in Dunnes if I want to just buy one thing.
We were running two vouchers. Since they dropped the term of the vouchers back to 7 days we have dropped one of them. We now do our second shop in Tesco or Lidl and it's nice to see different stuff on the shelves. So Dunnes have lost out on one shop per week from this family.

We were running two vouchers. Since they dropped the term of the vouchers back to 7 days we have dropped one of them. We now do our second shop in Tesco or Lidl and it's nice to see different stuff on the shelves. So Dunnes have lost out on one shop per week from this family.
I go to lidl and Tesco once a month for variety. Lidl nuts and seeds are good value.

Otherwise I do the weekly shop in Dunnes working the voucher.

I checked out the FB group mentioned here and it seems easy to get a voucher as short notice.

I usually just WhatsApp a friend and get a spare of them, they in turn do the same.

I see that the tubs of sweets in Dunnes are back to €4 each. Roses, Heroes etc. It's hard to believe that SuperValu are selling them at 2 x €10.

Does anyone still shop in SuperValu anymore, unless they have to?

I see that the tubs of sweets in Dunnes are back to €4 each. Roses, Heroes etc. It's hard to believe that SuperValu are selling them at 2 x €10.

I go on occasion. I've found some products cheaper, dermara sugar, caster sugar for example.

My local SV has what I've been told is the knick knack section. It sells all kinds from buckets, outdoor sweeping brushes to candles.

I got a fabulous pan for €25 and used a 5€ off €30, bought 2 long lighters etc.

I was delighted to see the pan is worth €40 on the manufacturers website and more importantly it's an excellent pan.

Yes, not the for big shop, but for stuff I need during the week. Mostly down to location - they are within walking distance for me. Their stores tend to be more centrally located in Dublin Bay North eg Killester Village, Raheny Village, Sutton Cross. So location is probably driving a lot of their trade in that part of Dublin I reckon.
In comparison, Supervalu in Northside shopping centre is very quiet in my experience compared to the Dunnes in same centre.

Plus they have butcher's counter in store. Some of their own brand products are good value - ground coffee, baking ingredients, bread, cheese & ready meals resorted to when work busy e.g. cottage pie, lasagne.

And I find when they have a wine significantly reduced on offer, it's a real bargain. In Tesco most of the time the bargain price is more like what it's actual price should be. In LIDL and ALDI, they have interesting wines in their 'bin offers' but the problem is by the time you figure out which are the good ones... they now have a different set of wines on special.

Last edited:
And I find when they have a wine significantly reduced on offer, it's a real bargain.
Just beware that most of the stuff SuperValu discount heavily (example) are priced up just to make the offers look like great value. They are not 'worth' their full prices. Oddbins in the UK sell that one for £9, SuperValue, €24!!

Just beware that most of the stuff SuperValu discount heavily (example) are priced up just to make the offers look like great value. They are not 'worth' their full prices. Oddbins in the UK sell that one for £9, SuperValue, €24!!
You can say the same for most supermarkets - Tesco are by far the worst offender.

Needed a new jar of Hellmann's Mayo. Bought it in Dunnes, about €4.60. Saw it in Aldi after for €3.40. This type of thing eats in to the €5 off voucher benefit.

Where do you get those dunnes stores money off vouchers?
Where have you been living!!
When you spend €25 or €50 in Dunnes they give you a €5 or €10 off your next shop voucher
But be careful it will change you attitude to shopping and even your other half
I'm always a little disappointed in Mrs C, when I see she's gone over the voucher amount by more than 20 Cent ;)

Last edited:
I was buying mostly 3 litre cartons of supermarket milk lately for €3.20.
In Tesco earlier I discovered that 2.5 litres of Thurles Co-op milk is €2.59 which would be equivalent to €3.108 for 3 litres.
Was very surprised. The Thurles milk is gorgeous milk.

Where have you been living!!
When you spend €25 or €50 in Dunnes they give you a €5 or €10 off your next shop voucher
But be careful it will change you attitude to shopping and even your other half
I'm always a little disappointed in Mrs C, when I see she's gone over the voucher amount by more than 20 Cent ;)
I think it's very funny to see people, just under the limit, making a dash to buy someting to bring the total over the limit. Of course, I've done it myself and we're well stocked up with Fairy washing up liquid :D

Last edited:
I think it's very funny to see people, just under the limit, making a dash to buy someting to bring the total over the limit. Of course, I've done it myself and we're well stocked up with Fairy washing up liquid :D
I usually buy tins of tomatoes. I was surprised to see only 4 cans in my press the other day.

I'm not a big rice fan and hate cooking it because I don't seem to be able to get it right. So I've a big stock of the Dunnes vrand own rice pouches, they cost less than a €.

Mrs C uses a calculator while shopping to avoid this and keep it as close to the voucher amounts but quite often it's wrong for one reason or another, like something is priced wrong on the shelve or a special offer isn't applied at the till or "she" just simply made a mistake
So now we add an extra item or two extra to the trolly just in case there's a shortage

When we did the Christmas shop we were short .30 Cent so before Mrs C could run back around the shop I picked up a "Lindt Bear" for .60 Cent
Walking back to the car Mrs C says .60 Cent for that little thing I could have got 2 tins of beans for that ya plonker!!!!! :oops:

On a side note and something that Becky mentioned in another thread, Boots are doing an extra offer on selected vitamins
Wellman Sport is normally €16.99 on the 3 for 2 offer but at the moment there €12.74
So €25.48 for 3 boxes, I've just bought a years supply and saved just over a €100 according to Boots but it's really only about €50 with the 3 for 2
But as they say its better off in my pocket than theirs ;)

"When we did the Christmas shop we were short .30 Cent so before Mrs C could run back around the shop I picked up a "Lindt Bear" for .60 Cent
Walking back to the car Mrs C says .60 Cent for that little thing I could have got 2 tins of beans for that ya plonker!!!!! :oops:"

I agree with Mrs. C, the Lindt Bear is an outrageous price.

If I want a treat I buy the Haribo Tangfastics Sours for 1€.

Back