Two litres of milk price increase/Dunnes?

Not really. The weight has dropped. Used to be over 400 gms now 380 or something like that. I also notice that when you purchase a two pack of fillet steak, one of them is always full of fat and gristle.
Yes I've noticed 480g rather than 500g.

Dunnes stores own brand fortified milk 1.75 litre is now 1.99.

Had a shop in Dunnes Stores during the week. 6 eggs have gone from €1 to €1.19 to €1.40. I then went to Lidl to check out their "different" offers. I noticed that almost everything in Lidl matched Dunnes Stores prices. Maybe 1 c cheaper. However, Dunnes give you the €5 off a €25 spend.
If you remember the film Trading Places you will know that the financial trade behind it was Orange juice futures.

It's a real traded commodity - as are eggs, butter, poultry and many other things you would be surprised to see.

Eggs and butter have jumped considerably in the past year. Bird flu has had a big affect on eggs, but I can't see why butter has jumped so much (Kerry shares could be worth a punt )

Commodity list

I see that Dunnes Stores have reduced the period of time that you can use your money off voucher. It is now down to six days.

As well as the €10 voucher you got with a €50 spend, you usually got an additional €5 off a €20 spend, it's now off €25.

I see that Dunnes Stores have reduced the period of time that you can use your money off voucher. It is now down to six days.

That 6 day time limit usually just applies to the €5 off €20 which can sometimes be issued from Thursday to Sunday depending on your spend. The €10 off €50 or €5 off €25 usually have a time limit of 13/14 days approx.

Yes the €5 off €20 is gone. I think it is just a summer thing to keep customers coming in over the holidays. It has been replaced by a 7 day €5 off €25. The long standing €10 off €50 appears to be 14 days.
aj

I have always had a 14 day spend time on my €5 off a €25 spend. Now the time period has been reduced to a 6 day period.

I only ever got 5 of 20 with the mailing they sent out, any instore shopping purchase was over 25 before you got a 5 off the next shop, be great value at 5 off 20!

Wow - thanks for the heads up. I notice mine is down to a week now alright.

Actually this now is a pain as I am going on a weeks holiday soon and will lose the initial €5 off voucher. Anyone know of a way of getting a new voucher without having to spend €25 again ?

Last edited:
Milk costs the same as petrol.
Call me extreme, but I dont buy milk anymore.
Tea tastes better without,
porridge made with water, its fine.

Anyone know of a way of getting a new voucher without having to spend €25 again ?
We get them now on the app but when in paper form we'd be asked by friends and neighbours if we had any to spare
we often used to offer them to people in front of us at the till if they didn't have one but needed it back after they paid for their shopping
So if you can't source one local ask at the till, sometimes the checkout girls have a couple to spare but is done on the q.t. as frowned on by management

Milk costs the same as petrol.
Don't know where your buying your milk but it's no where near the price of petrol
I see Dunnes have raised the price of milk again from €2.90 for 3Ltr to €3.20
Lots of other things going up as well over the last few weeks Baguettes from €.69 to €.75, Brie wedge €1.09 to €1.29
Dozen eggs €2.30 to €2.75, Dunnes OJ €2.39 to €2.49

Dunnes have now increased the 2 litres to €2.09. So since January it has increased from €1.49 to €2.09!!

When staples like milk and bread are going up at this rate it is hard on everyone but especially families with a lot of children.

While we are all watching the expiry date on the vouchers see that they have now increased the milk again to €2.29. I even glanced at the sign on the fridge and I'm almost sure it was still stating €2.09 but receipt shows €2.29! So from 1st January it has gone from €1.49 to €2.29.

I only ever got 5 of 20 with the mailing they sent out, any instore shopping purchase was over 25 before you got a 5 off the next shop, be great value at 5 off 20!
I got a few spend 20 get 5 off, haven't got them lately.

Almost sure the vouchers were only a week at the star. Dunnes increased to 2 weeks as a result of Covid.

Back