Two litres of milk price increase/Dunnes?

I might drink the odd Coca Cola when I have a burger and before anyone tells me fast food is bad for you, the burger is homemade, I make the bun, the mayonnaise and most years grow the lettuce.

Well done, we all need to break out now and again as otherwise we would go off the head with being too strict.

I have to watch the sugar intake and it was just that you mentioned drinking a lot of it brought it up. Not too keen on water either but force myself to drink it as in this warm weather as don't want to get dehydrated.

In the latest Tesco clubcard mailing I got 6 spend and save vouchers (€10 off €50)... I had been shopping using their click and collect services at peak covid times & also if pressed for time for convenience. The service was very good.
But of course, got no vouchers. Now that I am shopping elsewhere, hey presto, I get the vouchers. It is the Tesco way.

our big favourite is the 4 or 5 2l bottles of coke et al for 5 euro. the parents adore it and guzzle about 6 litres a week at minimum

I got a seriously small bag of shopping today in Dunnes for my €25 less €5 but even so! :oops:

Well done, we all need to break out now and again as otherwise we would go off the head with being too strict.

I have to watch the sugar intake and it was just that you mentioned drinking a lot of it brought it up. Not too keen on water either but force myself to drink it as in this warm weather as don't want to get dehydrated.
You can eat your water or some of it anyway, Cucumber, watermelon are two that come to mind.

Adding a bit of mint to water really changes it and gives it a nice fresh feel in the mouth.

Adding a bit of mint to water really changes it and gives it a nice fresh feel in the mouth.
I visited IKEA and saw that they had nicely presented cordials, One was Blackcurrant and the other Elderflower. Bought one each at €3.50 a bottle. Absolutely tasteless and not good value at that price. I think I will stick to the MIWADI copies. Incidentally MI = Mineral. WA = Water and DI = Distributors.

I make up a 1 litre bottle with some fresh orange juice, water and a squirt of the Midwadi mini orange. I find it easier to drink than either water, orange juice, or Miwadi cordial.

I visited IKEA and saw that they had nicely presented cordials, One was Blackcurrant and the other Elderflower. Bought one each at €3.50 a bottle. Absolutely tasteless and not good value at that price. I think I will stick to the MIWADI copies. Incidentally MI = Mineral. WA = Water and DI = Distributors.
I'm not a fan of miwadi but your post reminds of 'posh crisps'. Overpriced and no where as nice as the normal ones.

Had a shop in Dunnes Stores during the week. 6 eggs have gone from €1 to €1.19 to €1.40. I then went to Lidl to check out their "different" offers. I noticed that almost everything in Lidl matched Dunnes Stores prices. Maybe 1 c cheaper. However, Dunnes give you the €5 off a €25 spend.

Had a shop in Dunnes Stores during the week. 6 eggs have gone from €1 to €1.19 to €1.40. I then went to Lidl to check out their "different" offers. I noticed that almost everything in Lidl matched Dunnes Stores prices. Maybe 1 c cheaper. However, Dunnes give you the €5 off a €25 spend.
I generally find that as well with Lidl, Dunnes is the same price or cheaper and then there is the extra €5/10 off

Good news for all you non coffee connoisseurs, Lidl have reduced the price of the Bellarom Gold coffee from €4.99 to €4.79 for 500g

It's worth working the vouchers. I see 6 tins of catfood is the same price in Tesco and Dunnes atm. So if your cats will eat the Dunnes (we need to test) it's worth doing a cat food haul in Dunnes.

The price of all the basics has jumped, big time.

Then some of the luxury items, such as fillet steaks has stayed the same. No change in price at all.

Then some of the luxury items, such as fillet steaks has stayed the same. No change in price at all.
Not really. The weight has dropped. Used to be over 400 gms now 380 or something like that. I also notice that when you purchase a two pack of fillet steak, one of them is always full of fat and gristle.

Back