"The Kilns", Portmarnock-any thoughts on the development?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: "the kilns", portmarnock? any thoughts on the development?

The problem with the gates for this development is that it has been badly palnned, i.e. it is going to be difficult to have gates installed far enough back from the road. I don't know if putting pressure on the estate agent will make any difference.

It will be vital to have gates in order to prevent spongers who drive to the DART station from using the development as a public car park and pick up point. The only alternative is to have permits and clamping. There has also been quite a bit of car related crime in the development next door (I am a resident), so gates would prevent some of that as well.

I also bought in block 8 - hi neighbours!
Im totally new to all of this too- should we go out and view the site?

Sherry FitzGerald New Homes

-Notice to purchasers in The Kiln’s, Strand Rd, Portmarnock, Co Dublin by Ravenshall Developments

Sherry FitzGerald New Homes would like to address some queries that have arisen on this web site.

In relation to the entrance gates, it is Ravenshall Developments intention that electronic security gates be erected at the entrance of The Kilns subject to relevant planning permission. A planning application to enable this is being submitted to Fingal County Council within the 3-4 weeks.
In relation to completion dates: Original anticipated completion dates have been delayed due to adverse weather conditions and over- eager estimations.

Sherry FitzGerald New Homes are committed to providing the highest levels in customer service and would request any purchasers with queries to contact us and we will endeavor to answer all queries to the best of our ability. Any purchasers with any query or issue are welcome to contact us directly via the following methods of communication:
Phone: 01 6671888
Fax: 01 6671902
Email: [email protected]
Address: 93 Morehampton Rd
Donnybrook
Dublin 4

Please also note that no further queries will be dealt with via this web site.

David Browne

For those of you worried about the planning permission/gates issue, try contacting Peter Coyle, who is the Fingal County Council representative for Portmarnock/Malahide.

In fairness to Sherry Fitz, that's pretty professional of them to step up and address the concerns some of us have., a lot of agents wouldn't do a thing. they told me from the outset that completion in block 8 could be late summer next year so i feel they were upfront about it, even going so far as to warn me that the completion dates (which are not theirs) were a tad optimistic. i was out on the site last week and the builders have already erected pillars at the entrance, slightly set back from the road. they look to me like gate postions.

Hi Anna.. and neighbour in block 8! yes, you should go out and have a look though there is not much to look at - at the minute - they've just laid the concrete for the base of the block 8 site. we should see progress by feb/march and i would suggest you get out there in early Feb just to make contact with the site foreman or site clerk (helpful bloke) who can fill you in on timings. as building progresses, you can get down to the nitty gritty about wiring and such

Sherry FitxG said:

-Notice to purchasers in The Kiln’s, Strand Rd, Portmarnock, Co Dublin by Ravenshall Developments

Sherry FitzGerald New Homes would like to address some queries that have arisen on this web site.

In relation to the entrance gates, it is Ravenshall Developments intention that electronic security gates be erected at the entrance of The Kilns subject to relevant planning permission. A planning application to enable this is being submitted to Fingal County Council within the 3-4 weeks.
In relation to completion dates: Original anticipated completion dates have been delayed due to adverse weather conditions and over- eager estimations.

Sherry FitzGerald New Homes are committed to providing the highest levels in customer service and would request any purchasers with queries to contact us and we will endeavor to answer all queries to the best of our ability. Any purchasers with any query or issue are welcome to contact us directly via the following methods of communication:
Phone: 01 6671888
Fax: 01 6671902
Email: [email protected]
Address: 93 Morehampton Rd
Donnybrook
Dublin 4

Please also note that no further queries will be dealt with via this web site.

David Browne
So why deal with this specific one here? :confused:

The Kilns certainly seem to be coming along nicely.... if not a little behind the planned dates. Best of luck to all of you moving there in the coming future.

In relation to the security gates I'd certainly make every effort to ensure they keep pushing for this. I've been living in Seabrook Manor since they were constructed and while I have nothing but praise for the area... it does have some down points.

Given the proximity to the dart station and the fact that the closest Gardai station is in Malahide, the area can be a target. My little Astra has sat safely outside my apartment for well over a year and never been touched, but a friend did have a slightly older Mazda MX3 stolen from outside the door (poor anti theft and pretty fast car [outran the high speed chase car]).

From talking to a few of the neighbours seems a few cars had a similar fate around the same time in the area.

Since the introduction of the security gates things do seem to have improved greatly. Despite one or two teething problems we have managed to lose the dart-residents who had decided to use our homes as car parking spaces and have a FAR greater sense of security for our homes and cars.

I love the area to bits and I've no doubt that the charms of the easy public transport, stunning local views and friendly atmosphere of the village will win any new residents over..... But for piece of mind do all you can to ensure you get the gates that were suggested when you signed to the property.

Nice to see SFG taking an interest in the concerns and addressing the issues.... have to wonder if its simply due to the impact the issues raised here had on the number of calls they were receiving???
Think the real praise should go to AskAboutMoney for that one!

From looking at the location of the pillars, it now appears to me that they are at least as far back from the main road as those in The Links. So all the best, The Kilns looks like it will be more secure than Seabrook Manor!

Hi All ,

I just came across forum thru google . I have also bought in Kilns in Block 8. I spoke with Sherry Fitz today 4th jan ,Ciara is now estimating a completion date on Block 8 of Sept / Oct 06 .
When I placed my booking deposit at end of july Sherry were estimating early summer 2006 as a completion date.

Sounds like Sherry Fitz finally succumbed to public pressure! Does beg the question though, why is planning permission only being applied for now? Surely it should have been done at the outset when the development began. Still better late than never, pray there are no objections!

AFAIK Baz P, planning permission was applied for and turned down (initially).

I pass through Station Rd. daily. Apparantly there are plans by Fingal County Council to develop 100 social housing units along Station Rd. In addition planning policy of Fingal is now against gated development. I am aware that in my own estate which is approx 2 miles from Portmarnock, our Property Management Company told us that we would be wasting our time applying for planning permission for gates. Push Sherry Fitz. for info. Afterall they will be receiving enough of your hard earned money in commission.

northsideboy said:
I pass through Station Rd. daily. Apparantly there are plans by Fingal County Council to develop 100 social housing units along Station Rd.

Is it as many as that? According to this article (free registration required), there are plans to develop 26 units, half of which are to be fitted out to suit those with special needs.

CCOVICH,

Do you know exactly where the site in the article they are talking about is? North of the dart south of the trotting track?

AFAIK, it is the site next to Seabrook Manor, at the Drumnigh Road end of Station Road, backing onto the driving range.

Oh god I hope it's only 26 units and not 100.

A is only 26 units. The site is only an acre or so, so unlikely that 100 units could be built on it. Unless they're very small. Maybe it's for hobbits.

Does anyone know if the 2 bed apartments around 660 sq feet are 2 double bedrooms or will only be a double and a single?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back