Tesco Bank Seem to be Exiting Ireland

Hi Ilgon, I got my cards a couple of weeks ago and my credit limit is the same. I actually got a text message yesterday reminding me that I hadn't yet registered for their on-line banking nor had I requested my credit card PIN via SMS. I've just requested the PIN and got it back, but I tried to register for the on-line banking, but I'm getting a message saying "Sorry, the page you requested is not available at this time. Please try again later." The card won't be active until October 12th, so maybe I need to wait until the 12th to try and register??

Another question I have is regarding paying my bill. I've set up my Tesco credit card as a payee in my OnLine banking. Does anybody know if I'll have to set up a new payee for Avantcard?

As a Tesco credit card customer I have not received anything about the change to Avantcard since the letter in July. Just wondering am I the only one or are there others out there? Is everybody changing on the 12th?

To those who have got their Avantcards did you retain the same credit limit and has there been any more detail on earning clubcard points with the new cards?

I'm in tha same boat. Nothing since the letters a month or two ago

Hi Ilgon, I got my cards a couple of weeks ago and my credit limit is the same. I actually got a text message yesterday reminding me that I hadn't yet registered for their on-line banking nor had I requested my credit card PIN via SMS. I've just requested the PIN and got it back, but I tried to register for the on-line banking, but I'm getting a message saying "Sorry, the page you requested is not available at this time. Please try again later." The card won't be active until October 12th, so maybe I need to wait until the 12th to try and register??

Another question I have is regarding paying my bill. I've set up my Tesco credit card as a payee in my OnLine banking. Does anybody know if I'll have to set up a new payee for Avantcard?

I've been able to register for the online banking, but I can't actually log in until 12th October.

You will have to set up a new Payee for Avantcard, it said that on the letter I got. Also important to note that the reference you need to use on the payment is your Avantcard Account Number, NOT the actual credit card number. I don't have my account number yet, but apparently it will be on the first bill when it's issued.

As a Tesco credit card customer I have not received anything about the change to Avantcard since the letter in July. Just wondering am I the only one or are there others out there? Is everybody changing on the 12th?

To those who have got their Avantcards did you retain the same credit limit and has there been any more detail on earning clubcard points with the new cards?

Credit limit is the same, yes.

Re. Clubcard points:

Earn 1 point for every €2 spent in Tesco stores using your new Avantcard credit card
Earn 3 points for every €2 spent in Tesco stores using your new Avantcard credit card along with your new ClubCard
Earn 1 point for every €8 spent in all other stores using your new Avantcard credit card

So it seems you have to present your ClubCard in Tesco separately, as well as paying with the credit card, whereas previously the Tesco credit card worked as a ClubCard too.

Thanks for all the replies. I'd expect that since there are others who have not been informed of the change on the 12th that there must be a phased change of customers on to Avantcard and I will be able to keep using my Tesco card for a while longer. I might give them a call to check.

New clubcards have arrived.

Disappointingly they've cut the points for Tesco Petrol Station purchases paid with the card from 1 point per €1 spent to 1 point per €2 spent.

I think this has already been the case for quite a while.
Not on my account anyway.

Card number Date points added Transaction details Transaction value Total points
*** **/**/2018 TESCO D/DRUM TOWN CTR PFS €62.01 62

I received new cards today for myself and my other half. The new card has a different version of my name to my current Tesco card. They put in my middle initial. But they didn’t do that for my oh. Why would they do that? I don’t have a common surname.
I’ll try and get the card reissued. Did this happen anyone else?

Hi T McGibney. My new clubcards arrived too. Do I need to use these instead of my "old" one's? I have one of the small "fob type" on my keys so I use this when I buy petrol / groceries at Tesco.

Hi T McGibney. My new clubcards arrived too. Do I need to use these instead of my "old" one's? I have one of the small "fob type" on my keys so I use this when I buy petrol / groceries at Tesco.
Hi Ger

I'm no expert on this but that's my understanding. Perhaps the old credit card will work for that too?

I checked my Clubcard account online and both my old Clubcard number and the number on the new Clubcard I just got are linked to the same account, so it seems you can use either.

It will be nice to have the online banking facilities for the credit card finally, once it's up and running. My switchover date was today but it says the online facilities will take another couple of days to be active.

Back