Tanager mortgage holders

Your right open air. Let’s keep putting the squeeze on them anyway we can.
Brendan guidance and information has been a big help and this will give people confidence in dealing with these people.
Let’s hope Tanager get more set backs in the next few weeks.

It appears that a meeting with the central bank and tanager mortgage holders could be a possibility, watch this space!

Central Bank of Ireland aware of Start, Nua, IBRC, Mars, BOSI, Tanager, (might be others) automatic capitalization of arrears issues. All impacted customers seemingly to be notified in early 2018.

Very good,,,do you think they will be liable to pay compensation idesofmarch?

If the Central Bank of Ireland (CBI) follow the same rationale as the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) in the UK, then yes, compensation will be paid. In your particular case, which is with Tanager DAC, if you were in arrears with BOSI, prior to moving to Tanager, the same automatic capitalization of arrears occurred when with BOSI, whether you were fixed, variable or tracker. Does it fall to Tanager or to BOSI to pay compensation on the mortgage that was automatically capitalized when with BOSI? Does Tanager have sight of BOSI accounts going back years? (I think not). In the UK, consumers could choose to have their arrears either capitalized with consent or seek refund and remediation. If they chose the former, the borrower is no longer in arrears and any legal possession proceedings based in any way on these arrears must cease. However these borrowers will have to pay larger monthly installments going forward. Their mortgage will be re-classed as performing and their credit rating must also be restored. They will however still get compensation for the error. It must be borne in mind that when firms in the UK are calculating over payments in excess of the reconstituted contractual monthly repayments they must add a payment of 8% interest (simple) to the yearly overcharge, which can lead to a substantial repayment over time.

This leads me on to the fact that Tanager DAC has offered borrowers up to a 40% discount on their current mortgage balance. Borrowers in Ireland have found it next to impossible to refinance with another mortgage provider due to their respective Irish Credit Bureau (ICB) report (missing payments record), to take up these offers. The current Central Bank of Ireland investigation could prove beneficial to both Tanager DAC and its respective customers, as in, if the CBI instruct BOSI or Tanager to amend the impacted customers' ICB reports, then these customers may be able to take up Tanager's offer and move to another provider, allowing Tanager to still take profit. Possible win win situation for both parties.

Last edited:
This is very interesting, and hopefully Tanager might start treating their customers with the basic respect you would expect.
At present their a law to themselves.

There are many landmines for Tanager to tread on, due to the behaviour of their predecessor in title, Bank of Scotland, coupled with their own actions. Lets see what transpires in the New Year and see do Tanager want to do deals in earnest and comply with CCMA and MARP processes in relation to customers in arrears. If nothing changes, well lets say, Tanager and Lapithus/Cabot will come under intense scrutiny.

All Tanagers customer want is the proper process applied. They have been bullying people over the last 2 years.
So Tanager are being put aside now time for Christmas and Tanager will not be ruining it this year for me and my family.
I hope everyone here can try knock off and enjoy spending time with family which what matters most.

Here is hoping tanager clean their act up. The central bank has been in contact and is not willing to meet us directly just yet. If everyone could start organising themselves for the new year, as the central bank want us to exhibit how tanager has treated us, i.e no marp, no ccma, arrears calculated incorrectly,and also i think interest rates applied incorrectly. I think a meeting in the new year is warranted to start getting organised so we can be afforded the same rights as a customer with a mainstream bank.

What a shower of moron's. Treat us with absolute disdain and contempt for 3.5 years, and now it's all please and thank you like they are doing us a huge favour!

Hey guys, thank you to every single person that has helped us during the year, and to everyone who has commented liked or quoted on this thread. Here is hoping that 2018 brings tanager and the central bank to own up to their responsiblities to us as mortgage holders and consumers. Happy christmas to all of you . X

Last edited:
Back