Tanager mortgage holders

Is there any anyone else in this situation as I don't even have BOSI on my folio, it goes as far back as the Governor & Company of BOS, which were dissolved in 2007. I am in the process of going through the PRA at the moment under section 19.1 of the land registry act and will also be taking a case. BOSI nor BOS plc where never registered as owners of the charge so therefore it was a mistake to allow the transfer to Tanager.

Poldara,

You should see what Tanager have to say for themselves before embarking on this route. From what I gather, in your particular case, (which is unusual) Tanager DAC do not have a valid legal charge secured on your property (although registered as owner of the charge with the PRA), as the owner of the charge was registered in the PRA as the Governor and Company of Bank of Scotland on a date after all charges transferred by operation of law across to BOSI, which happened in 2004. In 2007, the Governor and Company of Bank of Scotland ceased to exist. A bit of a legal quagmire for Tanager. They will argue that they bought the contractual rights of the loan to which you purchased your property and as such, may seek to pursue you by way of summary judgment. However, that being said, who gave BOS Plc the right to sell the contractual rights of your loan to Tanager when they may never have had those contractual rights in the first instance, seeing that these contractual rights may have remained with GCBOS. Definitely a right mess.

Last edited:
Hey guys, just to confirm we will be organising a meeting of tanager mortgage holders again in the next 3-4 weeks.We feel that we have got great traction from our trip to leinster house and it would be a shame to let things slip now. Hopefully we will have some legal advice on the day as tanager have brought alot of us to court on a overstated arrears balance, so lying on a affidavitt to repossess a house is pretty low, especially where alot of these consumers were breaking their backs to get back on track.Tanager are following these threads closely, as one of our members had his story quoted back to him word for word. Hopefully they will finally see sense and begin to do deals with people on these loans , as we all know they have bought these loans at collossal discounts, pursued people for the full original ammounts, and then where people were paying these ammounts they still proceeded to civil bill stage unless you could give them a lump sum!! . Hopefully they realise the game is up, hopefully the central bank will do its job, and hopefully we will be finished with this mess we all find ourseleves in.!!! This could all be resolved so easily through dialogue trust and respect!!.Here is hoping for a better 2018!!

" tanager have brought alot of us to court on a overstated arrears balance, so lying on a affidavitt to repossess a house is pretty low "

Perhaps some of you will recall when I suggested that it would be a good idea for those/all of us who have been brought to court by tanager to ask the legal team/group acting on behalf of tanager to present you with a full copy and details of their own indemnity insurance? Now as especially if in your opinion if there has been " lies on an affidavitt " from Tanager and/or its legal team ? which has been presented to the court as evidence against you by a particular legal team/group

If you can prove or witnessed/ and have said copy of signed sworn affidavitt that the Tanager solicitor/legal team lied via a sworn/ and read out affidavitt in court ?

Does this not leave the Tanager Legal Team in a very vulnerable position ? Perhaps some wiser owls hear could advise ?? Thanks!

I requested a copy of Tanagers solicitors indemnity insurance on 2 occasions. Was ignored first time and second time received a reply 2 days before court date saying I was not entitled to that information and hence they would not provide it. This letter came from the solicitors and not Tanager.

From what I have been told, Members od=f the law society are obliged to provide their insurance details when requested ? perhaps you should call the law society ?

Poldara///my folio states

Charge for present and future advances stamped to cover €xxx,xxx repayable with interest. THE GOVERNOR AND COMPANY OF THE BANK OF SCOTLAND is owner of this charge. Tanager Limited is owner of the charge at entry no. 1 above.

The charge for THE GOVERNOR AND COMPANY OF THE BANK OF SCOTLAND WAS entered in 2010 , 5 years after the mortgage was taken out ??

Tanager Limited is owner of the charge at entry no. 1 above. since 2014 ??

interesting times ahead !

I am going to do that in the morning. I have written copies of both requests and of their tardy reply. And they are a big firm not a local ambulance chasing outfit. And I have looked up their staff that are signing these replies through Facebook / linked in etc and you would believe they are so professional and experts at what they do ..........
Thanks Rambo for your ideas and suggestions.

" tanager have brought alot of us to court on a overstated arrears balance, so lying on a affidavitt to repossess a house is pretty low "

Perhaps some of you will recall when I suggested that it would be a good idea for those/all of us who have been brought to court by tanager to ask the legal team/group acting on behalf of tanager to present you with a full copy and details of their own indemnity insurance? Now as especially if in your opinion if there has been " lies on an affidavitt " from Tanager and/or its legal team ? which has been presented to the court as evidence against you by a particular legal team/group

If you can prove or witnessed/ and have said copy of signed sworn affidavitt that the Tanager solicitor/legal team lied via a sworn/ and read out affidavitt in court ?

Does this not leave the Tanager Legal Team in a very vulnerable position ? Perhaps some wiser owls hear could advise ?? Thanks!
Hey rambo1 good to hear from you again, hoping we will see you at next meeting. It's as plain as day that they lied on the affidavitt's.To be honest its a joke really, they have these big shot firms from dublin doing the legwork, and then they enlist some local idiot of a solicitor on your day in court, who 9 times out of 10 digs a deeper hole for tanager than they are already in.

The solicitors are further obliged to inform their own insurance company themselves when asked by a third party to provide insurance details ?...Woods Hogan as example.

Woods hogan are no more after their interactions with bosi-tanager, who will be next to fall???????????????

Rambo, it's all a mess. The governor & company of bos was dissolved in 2007. That's why I'm going to appeal the letter I received from the pra and take a case under section 19.1 of the 1964 land registry act. Neither bosi nor bos plc where ever registered as owners of the charge, so I believe they didn't have the right or power without being registered owners to sell on the charge to Tanager. Maybe this is something we should all think about doing for those of us who don't have bos plc on the deeds.

Can somebody advise/confirm?

It is my understanding that only 3 ways a charge can be put on your mortgage/house/property.

1 By a judge/ court ?
2 By issuing bank ? At time of drawdown etc
3 The owner?

If this is the case?
neither a judge or myself have permitted have done so on my property! BOSI have not or ever appeared on my folio!

Only charge to GG BOS ...in 2010 ( which apparently ceased to exist in 2007?...

Then 2014 this charge transferred to tanagerLtd. ..How is this legally possible? Or I totally misunderstanding this?

Back