Super article on why Dolores Cahill believes what she does

I would like to draw attention to Dolores's myth that masks reduce IQs in developing brains - we know brains need oxygen and we know masks restrict oxygen so why is it a myth that wearing one for a number of hours a day will hamper the development of the brain?

I would like to draw attention to Dolores's myth that masks reduce IQs in developing brains - we know brains need oxygen and we know masks restrict oxygen so why is it a myth that wearing one for a number of hours a day will hamper the development of the brain?

and we know masks restrict oxygen
We're so long into the Covid journey at this point, how are you still falling for the long-disproven myths?

Masks restrict virus particles which tend to be in the .25 to 4μm range, oxygen is 152pm, huge difference! Think of a grid designed to stop double decker busses, how many grains of sand do you think that would block?

Pulse oximeters are cheap, and even built in to many phones. if in doubt get your hands on one, wear a mask and observe how there is no change in your blood oxygen saturation levels.

Last edited:
I have tried that experiment and after a few hours my oxygen levels are down by about 6%.

All you have to do is look at clubman's link from the HSE where in the third point the WHO confirms that masks "may reduce the ability to breath comfortably" which btw directly contradicts the second point which claims that "wearing a mask has no effect on exercise performance".

Tbf I shouldn't even be referring to that link as it's nonsensically contradicting itself all over the place. This isn't complicated though - putting a cloth over your mouth will most certainly affect your ability to breath unless the mesh size is considerable, which it isn't.

Last edited:
I have tried that experiment and after a few hours my oxygen levels are down by about 6%.

Not that I don't believe you but 6% drop in blood oxygen levels would be close to hospitalisation. There are also multiple published trials showing blood oxygen levels don't drop. So if you hadn't passed out, I'd suggest you check the equipment.

The myth is nonsense - the level of oxygen depravation on developing brains needs to be significant - and during developmental times for the brain. A mask on an adolescent / adult doesn't meet either criteria. If you wanted to support this myth you would have to explain away the many professions where mask wearing is standard with no effect. Or explain how masks reduce oxygen levels more than high altitude living - say Mexico. The proposition would need to be that masks reduce oxygen levels to the point where people would actually pass out.

Ok great so we're in agreement at least that masks do in fact reduce the ability to breathe but you reckon that it's not enough to matter, could you point me to your source on that?

I like that you identified that this would need to happen during the developmental stage of the brain as that's what Dolores was referring to so we know we're over the target in some sense I suppose and most certainly not in crackpot territory.. So weird that people refer to her as a nut-job when she seems like such a logical thinker, I mean we're talking about a tenured professor here with decades in the field making logical arguments and people are losing their minds - what is going on? It's hardly people with some sort of an agenda telling gullible people how to think is it? And then those gullible people basically forming mobs and bullying dissenters? Surely it couldn't be that? I mean I know the vax manufacturers are making ridiculous profits off this whole thing but that's surely just a coincidence and it's not like there's any precedent for them engaging in shady business practices, right?
Not that I don't believe you but 6% drop in blood oxygen levels would be close to hospitalisation. There are also multiple published trials showing blood oxygen levels don't drop. So if you hadn't passed out, I'd suggest you check the equipment.

The myth is nonsense - the level of oxygen depravation on developing brains needs to be significant - and during developmental times for the brain. A mask on an adolescent / adult doesn't meet either criteria. If you wanted to support this myth you would have to explain away the many professions where mask wearing is standard with no effect. Or explain how masks reduce oxygen levels more than high altitude living - say Mexico. The proposition would need to be that masks reduce oxygen levels to the point where people would actually pass out.

Last edited:
Ok great so we're in agreement at least that masks do in fact reduce the ability to breathe but you reckon that it's not enough to matter, could you point me to your source on that?

I like that you identified that this would need to happen during the developmental stage of the brain as that's what Dolores was referring to so we know we're over the target in some sense I suppose and most certainly not in crackpot territory.. So weird that people refer to her as a nut-job when she seems like such a logical thinker, I mean we're talking about a tenured professor here with decades in the field making logical arguments and people are losing their minds - what is going on? It's hardly people with some sort of an agenda telling gullible people how to think is it? And then those gullible people basically forming mobs and bullying dissenters? Surely it couldn't be that? I mean I know the vax manufacturers are making ridiculous profits off this whole thing but that's surely just a coincidence and it's not like there's any precedent for them engaging in shady business practices, right?

I think you misunderstand me - I don't agree that masks reduce the ability to breath normally. Yes I do think it is crackpot territory. I think she is a crack pot - someone who has in the past been logical but then lost the plot somewhere. Remember - GO'D at one point was a decent investigative journalist but went off the rails. Similar issue here. Her own students rebutted her claims if I recall.

I was quoting your post on the developmental question. I'm not going to go around digging out sources - just as I'm not going to dig sources to validate the earth is round. Feel free to do a simple google search. This is an extraordinary claim which is counter to what has been going on for years with no issues; the extra-ordinary claim requires the sourcing - not the denial

Just so that we're all on the same page here I suggest everyone wiki "list of largest pharmaceutical settlements" as I feel like the majority of people are oblivious to this data.
Kickbacks all over the shop and making false and misleading claims on safety, these guys are dirtier than tobacco imo.

the WHO confirms that masks "may reduce the ability to breath comfortably"
Yeah, with the heat build up and condensation forming in the mask, it can get a little itchy or cause mild irritation to the skin. So it is a little less comfortable. Of course that does not in any way suggest any oxygen depravation.
What is going on? It's hardly people with some sort of an agenda telling gullible people how to think is it? And then those gullible people basically forming mobs and bullying dissenters? Surely it couldn't be that?
Yes, you're right. This is all a massive global conspiracy of at least hundreds of thousands of medical professionals all in on the faking of multiple studies all so a small few people in the pharma companies can earn a bigger bonus!

I think you misunderstand me - I don't agree that masks reduce the ability to breath normally. Yes I do think it is crackpot territory. I think she is a crack pot - someone who has in the past been logical but then lost the plot somewhere. Remember - GO'D at one point was a decent investigative journalist but went off the rails. Similar issue here. Her own students rebutted her claims if I recall.

I was quoting your post on the developmental question. I'm not going to go around digging out sources - just as I'm not going to dig sources to validate the earth is round. Feel free to do a simple google search. This is an extraordinary claim which is counter to what has been going on for years with no issues; the extra-ordinary claim requires the sourcing - not the denial
Oh I'm sorry my mistake, I thought that because you said that the level of oxygen deprivation would have to be significant that you were conceding that deprivation was in fact occurring but just not at a significant enough level to cause harm.
When you say GO'D went off the rails you mean in your opinion yes? You're kinda presenting it as fact.

I don't think the WHO's claim that masks interfere with breathing is extraordinary, if I'm being honest I feel like your claim that it's not to a sufficient degree to harm young brains is the extraordinary one tbh and if you're going to make it you should back it up with your source imo but if you're too busy then that's fine obviously.

Yeah, with the heat build up and condensation forming in the mask, it can get a little itchy or cause mild irritation to the skin. So it is a little less comfortable. Of course that does not in any way suggest any oxygen depravation.

Yes, you're right. This is all a massive global conspiracy of at least hundreds of thousands of medical professionals all in on the faking of multiple studies all so a small few people in the pharma companies can earn a bigger bonus!
Eh hundreds of thousands of medical professionals all in on it is literally the finding of all the cases, that's how kick backs work.

All you have to do is look at clubman's link from the HSE where in the third point the WHO confirms that masks "may reduce the ability to breath comfortably" which btw directly contradicts the second point which claims that "wearing a mask has no effect on exercise performance".

Tbf I shouldn't even be referring to that link as it's nonsensically contradicting itself all over the place. This isn't complicated though - putting a cloth over your mouth will most certainly affect your ability to breath unless the mesh size is considerable, which it isn't.
Do you not think it odd that the WHO can't spell 'breathe'?

When you say GO'D went off the rails you mean in your opinion yes? You're kinda presenting it as fact.

I'm "kinda" supported by any court she has brought her claims to. I'm too busy to provide sources for a GO'D supporter

Waiting for the first mention of Bill Gates :rolleyes:
Look don't be silly, the fact that Bill Gates is the second largest donor to the WHO after the US is coincidental at best but to then try and link that fact to the fact that the WHO is controlling the pandemic is simply conspiracy nonsense.
Let me very clear here - the massive donations Gates makes to the WHO have zero bearing on their policy decisions which in turn have zero bearing on how countries like us follow those decisions and any suggestion to the contrary is just conspiracy nonsense.
And we know that conspiracies don't happen because the list of them that I just linked on wiki proves that, oh no wait it proves that they happen all the time.

The discussion is specifically about Coronavirus and related topics - this is the usual tactic of the conspiracy types; when presented with facts change the topic and try to divert to something else
Eh you claimed her losing court cases was proof she went off the rails and I referred to her not losing a case and you're attempting to frame that as changing the subject? And this coming from someone who brought GO'D into the discussion as a way of avoiding the provision of sources for their assertions ? I'm confused.

I'm noticing how some are descending into pedantry and ad hominems rather than addressing the issues we're discussing, interesting.

Try and keep it clean please even if it contradicts the narrative you're working off, these are important things we're discussing and it's important that we get to the bottom of them as children are at risk and they are our future so in a way we're all at risk.

Last edited:
Back