Solidarity with Palestine

The big surprise out of the FlyDubai incident is how the UAE and Israel are thick as thieves. In that troubled region self preservation dominates. Hamas/Hezbullah/ Iran threatens the existence of Israel and their fellow Arab Muslims alike. But we at a remote distance occupy the high moral ground with our oxygen masks and rail against playing football with them.
 
Hamas/Hezbullah/ Iran threatens the existence of Israel

For the avoidance of doubt, any realistic and prospective threat to the existence of Israel should be dealt with accordingly. I think Hamas and Hezbollah should be designated as proscribed terrorist organisations. They should disarm and stand down. Until then we, Ireland, EU and civil nations of the world that support international law should suspend all economic trade with Hamas and Hezbollah. Failing that, neither Hamas nor Hezbollah should be allowed submit representatives into our sporting and cultural events such as Eurovision and UEFA Nations League. They should be treated as pariahs. What say you?

I differ a little when it comes to Iran and Israel as both are officially recognised sovereign states of the United Nations. I do think, considering Irans links to Hezbollah that lead, in part, to political and economic sanctions are valid.
Considering Israels links to the illegal settlers in West Bank (the US Ambassador to Israel, Huckabee, described the settlers as terrorists) I think that political and economic sanctions of an equivalent nature should be applied to Israel. What say you?

Considering the forced displacement and genocidal acts being committed by Israel against the population of Gaza the international community should act accordingly against those that have warrants issued for their arrest. What say you?

In the absence of the international community acting accordingly the prospect of the civilian population acting and taking actions into their own hands in whatever way they may increases. I don't think it should happen but I do think it is human nature.

I see the Finnish government has survived a vote of no confidence after a disputed visit by their defence minister to Israel and lack of engagement with Palestinian representatives.

The salient point is, these things should not be occurring if our so-called 'Western values' were being upheld and applied.

Israel's existence and future is secured. Preventing its slide into an autocracy is not secured. Don't take my word for it, listen to what sections of the Israeli media are saying.
 
I saw the press conference for Ireland v Israel. The Israeli journalists asking some unhinged questions to the Irish management about Irelands "support" for the FlyDubai attack. :rolleyes:

This is the problem, more and more people are stirring up radical and extremist views, left and right, and if its not nipped in the bud (through democratic checks and balances, law and order, authority etc) its only going to get more vitriolic.

Left or Right, common sense needs to prevail. Thats the job of the politicians and they are failing,
 
Back
Top