purchased prescription only medication online 2mo ago: Medicines Board Investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: purchased prescription only medication online 2mo ago: Medicines Board Investiga

Thankfully AAM moderatorship pays far better than stand-up comedy, dereko1969.

I'll probably comply, but why would they write a big long woolly letter full of definitions and references to EU directives, then preface it with "The IMB holds the view [my emphasis] that the product(s) listed are medicinal product(s)" and waffle about how they "cannot guarantee the Safety, Efficacy or Quality [their capitals] of any medicinal product not authorised by the IMB or by the European Commission". Are they on uncertain ground from a legal point of view? I am "requested" to answer their questions, and they say they look forward to my "cooperation". What if I were to ignore the letter?

Re: purchased prescription only medication online 2mo ago: Medicines Board Investiga

I'm sure the Pharma Corporates must be delighted with the good wholesome work of the IMB. :rolleyes:

Hi Maggs065

Honesty is always the best policy. If you ignore it you will only spend the next few weeks or months worrying whether customs will continue to follow it up and If they do and you claim you didn't order it, you will spend even more valuable time worrying whether they will eventually catch you out, and if they do the consequences will be far worse. The customs have come accross this time and time again, they are far from stupid. If I were you i would ring the person in charge and just tell them you really didn't realise it was illegal and that it was a one off and just talk to them. Tell them how worried you are, ask them about the consequences. Stop and think about it for a minute. You are not going to jail for this, I doubt it if you'll even get a fine for a first offence. I think the most you'll get is a good telling off. Buying online can be extremely dangerous for the buyer. These online pharmacys design their websites to look very professional in order to gain our trust. Customs are only looking after the walfare of us vunerable people. They want the big fish, the online pharmacys. Give them the information they require, it could save someones life/health down the line. Your not stupid, just vunerable. Cheer UP!

There is nothing like self incrimination.

Buying online can be extremely dangerous for the buyer. These online pharmacys design their websites to look very professional in order to gain our trust. Customs are only looking after the walfare of us vunerable people.
Buying online is also extremely dangerous for Irish Pharmacies, and I believe that this is really what all this is about.
There are many above-board, legitimate online Pharmacies that sell the exact same medicine available in Ireland, but at a fraction of the cost.

I'm confess I'm torn between the "protecting-poor-Irish-pharmacists" and the "yet-another-overpaid-state-appointed-quango-justifying-its-existence" theories.

Do you think I should send them my joke about the parrots?

Hi Maggs065

Honesty is always the best policy. If you ignore it you will only spend the next few weeks or months worrying whether customs will continue to follow it up and If they do and you claim you didn't order it, you will spend even more valuable time worrying whether they will eventually catch you out, and if they do the consequences will be far worse. The customs have come accross this time and time again, they are far from stupid. If I were you i would ring the person in charge and just tell them you really didn't realise it was illegal and that it was a one off and just talk to them. Tell them how worried you are, ask them about the consequences. Stop and think about it for a minute. You are not going to jail for this, I doubt it if you'll even get a fine for a first offence. I think the most you'll get is a good telling off. Buying online can be extremely dangerous for the buyer. These online pharmacys design their websites to look very professional in order to gain our trust. Customs are only looking after the walfare of us vunerable people. They want the big fish, the online pharmacys. Give them the information they require, it could save someones life/health down the line. Your not stupid, just vunerable. Cheer UP!

Hi Tessi,

This thread is over one year old!! It has been all sorted out if you read it through fully. I'm going to close it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back