Parkview, Stepaside

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon all Stepaside locals, living there for say a period of 5 consecutive years over the last 30 years, should be forced to move out. Keep Stepaside Fresh, that's what I say.

Perhaps any potential buyers should be screened and vetted as well. We don't want any old type living there.

Hi All,

I contacted Flemings to enquire about the floor tiling in the bathroom and about shelving, here's the response received :)

The floor tiling in the bathroom is included.
The layout of your utility room will be different to that of the show apartment but we will include shelving of a similar nature.

Well done nryan - I feel like Indiana Jones setting off a new adventure any time I try to get information out of Hooke & Macdonald. So I guess then that kitchen tiling is not included?

robbie_step said:
Well done nryan - I feel like Indiana Jones setting off a new adventure any time I try to get information out of Hooke & Macdonald. So I guess then that kitchen tiling is not included?

Thanks nryan.

I just went on to the website and it says that the following is included in the kitchens...

Kitchens
  • Kitchens will comprise extensive wall and floor units in contemporary style with stone worktop and upstand.
  • Kitchens will have fully integrated appliances including oven, hob, fridge freezer, dishwasher and feature glass and stainless steel stand alone cooker extractor.
  • Floors are also fully tiled.
  • Brushed aluminium sockets.
I remember asking when we went to see the show apt and we were told that everything came as it appeared in the kitchen - here's hoping it does :)

Thanks for the links to the photos robbie_step ... its great to have them :)

Hooke and McDonald told me that floor tiles in that BATHROOM are NOT included, my friend nryan tells us that Fleming says bathroom floor tiles ARE included. Now which is it??

Anyone fancy ringing Hooke today?...they'll kill me if I ask them again!

Hi there,

I didn't call today but when I asked about it previously, they (H&M) explained that the floor tiles were included both in the kitchen and bathrooms.

Another thing woth discussing - I was looking at floors the other day (laminate and semi-solid). Apparently it is a good idea to request that the skirting boards be "tacked on" as opposed to being nailed down because when the floors go in, they will have to replace the skirt boards if they are nailed down. I was told to fax the construction company to request that the skirting boards are tacked on - anyone else come accross this?

Not sure whether that's true Etamagents, but it sounds like the flooring company are just probably trying to get more money out of you. Were the rubbing their chin and inhaling through pursed lips at the time?

Also people - don't forget - you're still going to have to tile the utility room!

Guys just found this website- really good forum and have found out loads of extra info so thanks. Just wondering does anybody know when the Oak will be ready as I am currently renting waiting for apartment to be built. I was initially told September ?

Mr Oak, I'm in the Oak too and was told by Hooke and McDonald on Feb 1st 2006 that estimated completion date is January 2007.

When did they tell you September? I wonder what the revised estimate is now...?

You are probaly right then as I was told that in December. Looks like I'll be extending the lease for a while then !

Another thing woth discussing - I was looking at floors the other day (laminate and semi-solid). Apparently it is a good idea to request that the skirting boards be "tacked on" as opposed to being nailed down because when the floors go in, they will have to replace the skirt boards if they are nailed down. I was told to fax the construction company to request that the skirting boards are tacked on - anyone else come accross this?

This is DEFINATELY true as I learned to our cost as we had to replace skirting board in our hall that were nailed on and not our sittingroom that we got in time that were tacked on....nothing to do with stepaside but was just browsing the forum....

surely most skirting boards would be tacked on in all apartments for easy removal to add floors etc ?

Hi guys,

Just off the phone from Darren in Hooke MacDonald. He's going to find out from Vincent in Flemings whether it will be possible to just tack on the skirting boards to simplify flooring process. Also he's going to try to find out actually whether cable points and electrical sockets are going to be - I noticed this wasn't indicated on floor plans.

However, since our apartments are prefabricated as pods in Cork, it seems that getting any changes done in advance will be extremely difficult. Has anyone else managed to get HMD / Fleming to agree changes in advance?

Cheers,
Rob

so do all you lot living out there drive everywhere?

I looked at that area before as I always liked stepaside but I was stunned by the number and size of the new apartments built in the last few years. It seems to me that the only shops/pubs are the small ones in the village. The only bus is the old stepaside bus. The new Luas will not be going up there, it will turn left towards the Gallops at Sandyford Hall. I can see a plus for investors as its close to the industrial estate, but at the prices you'd be better of investing in somewhere in town IMO.

well don't think anyone asked for your opinion capricorn. lol. Firstly if u look at the plans for the LUAS it will be within about a 10-15 min walk from Parkview. Secondly new bus routes have been added. Thirdly a new village centre is being built in Belarmine so that will solve the problems of a lack of shops. Personally I'd prefer to buy in a nice quiet scenic location close to the countryside which isn't too far from the city instead of some drug invested dump full of section 23 apartments in the city. But thats just IMO. Considering that i've already made about €50k on my apartment and its still being built, I thinks its a pretty sound investment!

southsideboy said:
well don't think anyone asked for your opinion capricorn. lol. Firstly if u look at the plans for the LUAS it will be within about a 10-15 min walk from Parkview. Secondly new bus routes have been added. Thirdly a new village centre is being built in Belarmine so that will solve the problems of a lack of shops. Personally I'd prefer to buy in a nice quiet scenic location close to the countryside which isn't too far from the city instead of some drug invested dump full of section 23 apartments in the city. But thats just IMO. Considering that i've already made about €50k on my apartment and its still being built, I thinks its a pretty sound investment!

Well said :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back