Parkview, Stepaside

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the sound of it parking will be a huge problem. Currently I live in an apartment in mixed development, and the parking is a nightmare. We were assigned one space when we bought 4 years ago. An extra space is 30 grand. Houses were assigned 2 spaces, not enough for most houses in our place. For 400 units and apartment there are 30 guest spaces, which are always full. It a nightmare! clampers are up and down our estate every hour. We have just purchased a 4 bed house - i can't wait to move. I would never ever buy in a mixed development again - or one with assigned parking spaces - therefore will probably never buy a new house in dublin again!

nryan - it's my understanding that floor tiles in the bathroom are not included.

Robbie - good idea about website and I look forward to seeing the photos. Anytime tomorrow will do...hehehe

I was under the impression that floor tiling IS included in the bathrooms and kitchen. As far as I remember I was told this by Hooke&McD.

On the parkview website it states the following.
Bathrooms
  • The bathrooms will have white Olympia suites with chrome fittings and high quality ceramic wall tiling.
  • All baths and showers will be fitted with shower screens.
  • The hot and cold water supplies have a booster pump fitted to ensure good shower pressure.
  • Heated towel rail to bathroom and ensuite.
I thought the bathrooms came as they appeared in the show apartment but reading this again.. im not so sure :confused:

Hooke and McD make it up as they go along! They told me that tiles are included on kitchen floor but not bathroom floor. This corresponds with what it says on the official website [broken link removed]

Anyway, I hear we'll be able to get "a nice bit of carpet" from some of our neighbours...

lol at jonnyha regarding "nice bit of carpet". I believe kitchen floors are tiled, bathrooms are not. Will post some small photos of current progress tomorrow.

glad I wasn't alone about the floor tiles.. It would seem odd not to match the wall tiles with the floor tiles...like what is in the show apartment. That's why I was asking,

Just another question maybe someone knows the answer to...in the utility room will shelving be included or is that up to each person to organise themselves... I'm not sure who to go to to if it's not a given, would it be Flemings directly or hooke macdonald.

Thanks!

The show apartment showed shelving - stone top - kinda like the kitchen, however I don't remember anything about it in the contract. Safe to assume it's not included.

But the contract only listed how many sockets there were etc, it didnt list anything about the tiles in the kitchen either for example ... Seeing that everybody is counting on getting what they saw in the show apartment, they really can't just take all these things out then, can they? I want that vanity unit! :)

I doubt that we'll get anything that is not listed in the brochure. Fleming and Hooke and Mac Donald are out to maximise profits so can't see why they would include anything that wasn't listed in the brochure. The standard and spec still seems quite high compared to other developments so it doesn't bother me too much but obviously the selling agents are never going to be forthcoming in telling you what is NOT included!! Now does it say that the doors are included....

Hi all,

As promised - some photos showing current progress as follows (sorry for bad quality - just taken on camera phone):

View of side of The Elm and The Ash
[broken link removed]

Note that on The Ash (on the left) it's just the lift-shaft, but pods are in place up to first floor - you can just see this poking out the left of the lift-shaft. Note The Elm is the green building on right. Some cladding on side of that building.

Front of The Elm
[broken link removed]

Side of The Oak
[broken link removed]

For two high-res aerial photos (from 3Rock) click below:
[broken link removed]
[broken link removed]

Enjoy!

Regards,
Rob

Hi all,

Tried to upload photos of progress but it wouldn't let me me, so you'll find them here.

[broken link removed]
[broken link removed]
[broken link removed]

For two high-res aerial photos (from 3Rock couple of weeks ago) click below:
[broken link removed]
[broken link removed]

Cheers,
Rob

Thanks for the pics Rob!
Can actually see my apartment from the mountain shot which is great cos when i drive out I can't see it. Just looking today and Sherryfitz has a 2 bed apartment in Belarmine for €420k. Seems like a strong enough price considering its only 750sqft. Anyway, I should probably stop obsessing about how much my apartment is worth! Still got a long way to go before I actually move in!

Fair play Robbie and many thanks , it's great to see the progress.

You descibe the following photo as the "Side of The Oak", did you mean the Side of The Elm? I'm the Oak but I've been told it won't be ready till January so I doubt it's up that far already...
[broken link removed]

Thanks for the photos! I think the Oak shot is the lift shaft for the Oak.
Hope that helps.

Yes sorry side photo was of The Elm. The Oak is as yet just lift shafts (as far as I can see anyhow). The put the pods in place on The Elm in about 4-6 weeks ... so I would expect the same time to complete The Ash. The Oak will presumably follow.

Sorry, just to be clear the lift shaft visible on the left of the image_0005 is for The Ash. I took the photo from basically where it says entrance on Belarmine Avenue [broken link removed] . Note, there should only be on "l" in Belarmine! I'll try take some more high-res photos this weekend, and stick them up on the web for ya.

I think some of the above comments are gas, particularly about the social & affordable housing. As someone who was brought up in stepaside, it has a long tradition of council tennants & private house owners living side by side and getting on very well. It was always a lovely neighbourhood, we won the tidy towns year after year due to the strong community spirit. For those of you so quick to comment on the possible residents of the halting sites & social housing, you should hear what the locals are saying about the new home owners in the area! It's all relative, you may not be happy about the future residents the existing residents may not be happy about you but I'm sure it'll all work out just fine...ps. I moved before it became the the ugly mass of housing it is now, I much prefered the beautiful village I grew up in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back