Parkview, Stepaside

Status
Not open for further replies.
guys
I think it is absolutely ridiculous that the skirting boards are nailed in- for heavens sake everybody will be putting down a floor of some description. So really they have just nailed them on for us to take straight back off again ?

Mr Oak said:
guys
I think it is absolutely ridiculous that the skirting boards are nailed in- for heavens sake everybody will be putting down a floor of some description. So really they have just nailed them on for us to take straight back off again ?

Are they nailed down before the pods are placed in to the building?

Hi all,

Yes I confirmed with H&McD that skirting boards are indeed nailed on. Also it seems that getting any work done to prefab pods is nigh on impossible (I wanted to get electrical sockets / cable point moved).

Update on development - they're now building penthouses on The Elm, and most of the building cladding seems to be in place. On The Ash, they're up to the third floor - in terms of positioning of pods - flying up. I've been given an update date of November for The Ash to be ready - although I suspect it'll be December / January... which suits me for the sales!

Cheers,
Rob

Cheers for the update Rob. Who was it who posted the pics the last time, they were great - especially from the mountain! Any more of them?

Yes I posted the photos - I have more if people are interested. Will put them up on the web this weekend, and send on links!

Drove passed Parkview yesterday and it is looking good. I would say the Elm will be complete ahead of schedule or in September as stated (no later by the looks of things).

Daffy said:
I sent an email to HOK about two weeks ago about parking and have heard nothing back. We where told when we bought last year that there would be "AMPLE" visitor parking. I had a chat with a resident of Sandyford View and he informed me that the residents have sent letters the HOK regarding parking or the lack of. He also said that the clampers do clamp cars even at weekends ! We have 2 cars as well and apart from buying an extra parking space I am not sure what we are going to do.

It's not looking good ! :mad:

Just re the list of q's - maybe we should add this to the list. Seems Rockview are having problems with their car parking spaces.. hope its not going to be the same for Parkview. I know that they are different developments and different selling agents.. but u never know.

Actually they are the same selling agents, I think that the comment above (HOK) is a typo..

Hi all, sorry that I haven't had a chance to put up more photos as yet - took some hi-res ones last weekend, have been away all week - will try this weekend.

Anyhow, progress is looking good - they're working on penthouses now for The Elm, and almost finished 3rd floor on The Ash. From my experience though, the finishing process takes a long time, although since bathrooms etc are prefabricated, presumably it's just a case of plumbing it etc. Hooke and MacDonald seem to be just adding 2 months on to whatever timescale Fleming said - unknown as yet whether those extra 2 months are realistic or not.

Regarding parking - I believe it indicated visitor parking on contract - and wasn't much of it.

Tv?

anybody any idea what the tv supply will be like?

hooke and macdonald don't seem to know who will be providing it. i am assuming it will just be a standard ntl connection. not great if you want sky digital, sky+, sky hd etc..

aiken's village have a system set up with a crowd called sky conway where they have a communal dish that supplies a basic package to each apartment and they can then opt to get the full sky digital package if they want it. while it's good they can get sky digital i've heard that sky conway are a terrible company and their service is very poor.

As a "last" phase purchaser €395k for 2 bed - 860sf - would like to know how I have been "screwed" since the first phase - anyone have pricing for similar unit in 1st phase

Stepasider, I bought 2 bed in The Oak in December, 3rd floor, 880sq metres I think, for €395k. How does that compare?

Robbie me old pal, where's these new photos??

Stepasider at €395k doesn't seem like you have been screwed at all. Its already prob worth over €400k and by the time u actually pay for it and move in it will be worth a lot more. Also you're at an advantage in the last phase in that u don't have to live on a building site for ages. Plus u won't have to actually pay for your apartment until well after I've paid for mine. But just to let u know since u ask lol I'm paying €365k for a 2bed 2nd floor 950sqft corner unit in the Elm which I think is a bit of a bargain!

We bought in October - 2nd phase release weekend- in the Oak for €390k. Its sounds like the same apt and floor as Southsideboy has in The Elm. Although I could have sworn they told us that ours was 980sqft?

yeh parkviewbuye...sounds like the same apartment alright cos i remember checking the price and told the exact same one would cost €390k in the oak. I was definitely told mine was 950sqft tho!

What is the release order of the various blocks? The Oak is third block to be built - I do know that much...How many blocks have been released so far?

Well in this article it says that "Sixty one, two and three-bedroom apartments in south County Dublin starting at €275,000 are being launched from plans today - Thu, May 26, 05 "

[broken link removed]

Then in October 2005 - when we bought - the following article said "A total of 60 one, two and three-bedroom units have been released at the €150million scheme, which will incorporate 366 apartments and penthouses when complete towards the end of 2007.

The first phase of 90 apartments was sold off the plans last May and selling agent Hooke & MacDonald is expecting interest from a cross section of buyers for phase two"

[broken link removed]

I'm confused cause when we went to buy our apt they had a list of ones that were available in The Elm, Ash and Oak. The majority of them were being sold from the Oak.

There have been no more articles in the newspaper for the latest release but from what I can gather it appears that the Cedar was released?

Have the Willow and Sycamore been released yet?

Thanks, so the Elm and the Ash were released in May 2005 and the Oak was released in October 2005. The Cedar was released in February 2006 was it? It wasn't advertised was it? Perhaps they had so many expressions of interest from the previous 3 blocks and they didn't need to advertise the 4th.

Interested to know when the final 2 blocks will go on sale.

No, there hasnt been a word mentioned in the papers which I thought was a bit unusual. It appears under "New Developments" on myhome.ie but thats about it.

You cant even see them for sale on the hooke and macdonald website unless you go through google.. well from what ive tried anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back