Parkview, Stepaside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I better get on to them about the sockets!! Yes the underground parking definitely has electric security gates. I checked that out when I heard about the social housing!!

Did anybody else get a call from Hooke & McDonald asking whether they wanted wooden floors put in? Got a call months ago but never heard anything since.

When we went to sign our contracts our solicitor showed us exactly where our parking space was. We were thinking of getting an extra space but in fairness €20k is a bit steep for an extra spot. As far as I know the carparks have security gates.

Forgot to say earlier re - "Mountain View pub is being pulled down I believe and they're going to have some shops and stuff there - in the village " unfortunately planning permission for this was denied :rolleyes:

- see link

Locals object to Stepaside scheme
Edel Morgan

[broken link removed]

Thanks for info on Mountain View, surprised to hear planning permission was denied for that ... the village needs a bit more retail etc and a bank if you ask me. I guess it'll depend on what's in Newtownlittle village centre just in front of Park View.

As for being contacted about wooden floors - yup was contacted by H&MacD but haven't heard anything else. They were simply assessing what interest there was in getting flooring done en masse. The prices they mentioned were fairly steep though, plus do you really want to have the same flooring as all your neighbours? Reckon I'll hold off til the January sales and get some nice semi-solid floors for the living room and hall. By the way, I seem to remember something about hard-wood floors not being allowed in contract (which is a good thing for noise).

Might be worth trying to get a few people to buy flooring together though - we could negotiate cheaper prices from suppliers. Anyone else in The Ash?

Cheers, Rob

What was that about wooden floors, southsideboy? What did Hooke and McDonald ask you about them? Our solicitor told us that wooden floors were not allowed in apartments above ground floor (because of noise). Is that not true? I will be on the 3rd floor and I don't want to hear high heels and every little pin dropping above me! Has anyone heard how good the insulation will be in our apartments both in the floors/ceilings and neighbouring internal walls. The apartment I live in now must have been made with cardboard because I can hear everything next door and the wooden floors above me can be very annoying at times. It seems to be the norm these days for apartments to be thrown up and little or no attention paid to adequate insulation. It's a bit of a joke and something which will be of great concern to us all.

Another thing I notice from my contract - "On the closing date the Employer (that's me and you) shall pay the sum of EUR1,441.82 by way of an advance payment on account of the Service Charge for the period ending 31 December 2006" - What's that all about? I was only due to move in in November 2006 and now it has been put back till Jan 2007.

Huh? I should probably have read the contract! They can hardly expect anybody to pay a service charge for all of 2006?? I should be in by the end of the year so I would have thought that I'd just pay when I sign my contract for the next twelve months. As for the wooden floors, yeh don't think they can be solid. Yeh I'm not sure I like the idea of having the same floors as everybody else considering that there isnt a choice on kitchens, bathrooms or basically anything so will probably get them done myself. Although I think the floors in the show apartment looks well.

Hmm, are you sure about service charges for 2006, don't remember that!?My solicitor gets a boot in the ass if that one slipped by..

According to Hooke&McD's website today
One beds from €325,000
Two beds from €415,000
Penthouses from €475,000

I'm sure the prices for the one and two beds can't refer to the smallest ground floor units but things are definitely looking good!

Excellent news, thanks for the price update SSB. Now if interest rates would only go back down again, I'd be really happy!:(

Wow €30k in 5mths is not bad.. cheers for the news. As far as I know the management fee kicks in when u move in - as in from the date u move in.Well thats what our solicitor said...

Must have been day dreaming when our solicitor talked about the flooring .. didnt know that at all doh !

I could be wrong but I think i found some info on web re the newtownlittle village centre plans. If you use the link below point 2.1 mentions the plans... i think :eek: sorry if its not

Just thought I'd add my info on the halting site.
I called the council about this a little after the sign went up about social and affordable housing and was told that the halting site would be next to Aikens Village. I guess no one really knows what's going where.

What made me think this location was likely though was that in the altered Planning Request for Parkview (below), where they mention a football pitch, I think in the location directly next to Parkview.
Any idea's anyone?

Reg. Ref.
D05A/1082
Decision
GRANT PERMISSION
Decision Date
16-Nov-2005
Applicant Name
John Fleming Construction Ltd.
Applicant Address
New Cork Road, Bandon, Co. Cork.
Proposal
Alterations to previously approved 366 apartments (previous Reg. Ref. D04a/0952 and D05A/0393). The proposed alterations relate to blocks A,B,C,D,E and F and include for the provision of an additional 20 no. apartments in a revised mix of 112 no. one - bedroom, 246 no. two-bedroom and 28 no. three bedroom apartments instead of previously mix of 72 no one bedroom, 252 no. two-bedroom and 42 no. three bedroom apartments: minor amendments to south-east and north-east elevations of previously approved Blocks A - F ; the addition of external access stairs, disabled access ramps and landscaping ; the relocation of approved fire tender access route to the podium, and all associated site works, all on site approx. 2.537 ha which is bounded generally by Enniskerry Road to the south west, permitted 'Littlewood' apartment development to the south east, the permitted Belarmine Phase 1 development to the north east, and lands reserved for a future football pitch to the north west at Newtown Little, Stepaside.
Application Type
Permission

I pity all u fools that bought in the second or third phases - looks like I've made about €50k!!!!!!! (immature, I know!)

Yes I had noticed in the application where the 'football pitch' is mentioned nryan but i just presumed that Fleming didnt want to mention a halting site in the application and thought football pitch would sound more appealing! (I'm a bit cynical!)

nryan said:
Just thought I'd add my info on the halting site.
I called the council about this a little after the sign went up about social and affordable housing and was told that the halting site would be next to Aikens Village. I guess no one really knows what's going where.

Nryan I in the same boat as you. When I saw the sign go up last month the first thing I did was phone the council and i also emailed them. A really helpful woman phoned me back and said that the social /affordable housing was going to be adjacent to Parkview but that the halting site was going to be further into Aikens Village.

Then I came across this site. I remembered I had got a reply from a person in the council re the social housing as well so I decided to reply to it and ask about the halting site. I was given an email address of a person directly involved with the planning of it.

They replied and said that the 4 bay halting site was also going to be on the land adjacent to Parkview. The entrance is going to be accessed from the enniskerry road. The plans are at the design stage at the moment but they hope to have them approved in the next few months - I wasnt given a date.

I was told however that a public notice was going to be placed in the newspaper next month re - social / affordable housing. I dont think the same is happening for the 4 bay halting site though.

Friends of mine live in Aikens and Belarmine and they have said that there have been massive objections to the proposed plans - leaflets have been posted to all houses and meetings have taken place.. so who knows what's going to happen.

Either way as an earlier subscriber to this link stated,we all have chosen a top quality development and if the apts increase by €6k per month on average as they have since October alone.. well I think we will all be walking around the complex with very happy faces.:D

Question: did the people here who are delighted about the value of their new aparments having increased by approx €30k all buy as an investment?

Well we were looking to get on the property ladder for over 2 years and kept being outbid. We were just about to sign for a 3 bed end of terrace house in a new development in Maynooth and our solicitor advised us against it. That weekend we happened to come across Parkview and fell in love with the spec. It was also a 3 mile drive as opposed to 14miles from where we both lived so it meant that we were going to be closer to family and friends.

It's our first property so we are planning on living there for a few years but then hope to buy a house. Therefore the more the apartment appreciates.. the happier we are :p

I'm first-time buyer also - intend on occupying and will probably be there for a few years and then hope to buy a house on some land preferably somewhere in the hills around Stepaside! Bought on my own, and got 2 bed simply 'cos I could, but if interest rates hit hard then at least I can rent out a room if needs be. Was busy buying .COM stocks (which crashed and burned) years ago when I should have been buying property - DOH!! Personally I would prefer other owner-occupier neighbours rather than rentals - but that said you can be lucky / unlucky either way. I bought my apt at 385k, and believe mine is weighing in at about 425k. The property market still has legs for a while - as long as the economy keeps on growing. Interest rate rises will probably be good for economy but slow down property market.

Hi all,

Sorry forget to mention in last post... A quick building update for anyone who's interested (I'm currently living beside ParkView) in Belarmine Park. They've started putting the pods in place for The Ash - they're up to 1st floor already. Pods are all in place for The Elm, but they haven't started work on the penthouses yet. Also noticed that they started doing the cladding on the side of The Elm - and it looks quite nice. Also, I believe that the shops are going to be positioned right in front of Park View - in the spot which is currently the Castlethorn car park. If you haven't visited the site for a while, it's worth having a peek this week.

Also, regarding halting site - I heard months ago (and Hooke & MacDonald confirmed) that halting site would be on Aitkens village side of that field.

Rob

Re - the investing question, we'll be moving in ourselves and hope to live there for a couple of years and eventually buy a house somewhere.

The Park View rising prices is a double-edged sword I think. Sure it's nice that our apartments are gaining not insubstantial equity but this price hike is merely relective of the country as a whole and particulary Stepaside and its environs. In other words, our places go up but houses are going up too and probably more than apartments so they (the houses) may move further out of our reach. It's incredible when you see the absolute MANSIONS that you can get in other counties for €400k and less.

The halting site is definitely planned for that triangle of land directly adjacent to Park View. Have a look the next time you're up. Drive up the Enniskerry Rd and just before Park View on the left - that's where it will be.

Re the revised planning permission submitted by Fleming - am I right in saying that they are not actually building any more blocks but are cutting down on the number of 3 beds and instead using the space to build more 1 beds, presumably to cater for demand and make more money?

Robbie, I nominate you as our photogarapher. You could take some photos of the site as it progresses and upload them to Yahoo or webshots.com or something and then we can all watch in wonder as our places get built. Fair play to you :)

Sad as it is Jonny - I was actually toying with the idea of taking a photo of the site each week - and doing some sort of "time lapse" animation. Then I realised I should probably get a life instead. :) However, I will take a photo or two, and maybe even just post them here.

I have actually registered the domain name parkview.info ... and I might set up server hosting for this, and start building website and photos. So if anyone wants email addresses such as [email protected] lemme know ... for a small fee it's yours!

Hi,

Does anyone know if the floor tiles in the bathrooms are included. I couldn't get an answer on this, I know the wall tiles are but no one could tell me about the floor tiles?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back