AIB My capital balance has been reduced!

Omg the excitement mine was reduced overnight too by the exact amount I input into calculator. I’m very interested to see what interest cheque I get and also what position I’m in going forward with repayments (given that I’m currently on a fixed rate)- technically I think I should be allowed break my fixed rate so that I can continue to pay the same level of repayment each month and reduce my term. I wasn’t to know I’d technically be in a position to overpay my mortgage each month which I currently am.

Technically, i think most here believe you (along with everyone else) should be offered a tracker mortgage, but that's highly unlikely.

Mine reduced also last night. Brendan ,thank you for all your hard work on this, tbh I am emotional today as this means so much, thank you .

Just checked mine and it's been reduced this morning too! Need to confirm but it's inline with what I was expecting. Thank you for this Brendan!!!

Lol I got logged in to see the details its called FSPO BAL REDUCTION. They're still in denial about the whole thing.

Technically, i think most here believe you (along with everyone else) should be offered a tracker mortgage, but that's highly unlikely.
Even if the fixed rate was broken and I was put onto variable I’d be happy with that result. It would allow me use the capita reduction to benefit and reduce my term over the remaining life of mortgage. I’ve 23 years left so it would make a material difference to me.

Mine only says Capital Reduction, nothing about FSPO

Yep my balance is down 12%, what a beautiful figure to wake up to and hard to believe:) thank you Brendan and everyone here for your continued help on here

Same as everyone else here. Balance reduced by 12% this morning. Fair play to October2019's calculator as it was spot on. Also many thanks to Brendan for keeping the pressure on AIB.

Just seen 12% Mortgage reduction from my mortgage account this morning.

It was not in as capital reduction, it was FSPO BAL REDUCTION

Mine has been reduced by 12% also. I really cannot believe it after all these years. Its going to makes such a difference financially for me.

My mortgage has been reduced also!!! I can't believe it!!! Thank you so so much, Brendan....I honestly have no words!!!

I just phoned aib mortgages, they confirmed that my balance had been reduced yesterday by 12%...Took the mortgage out in July 2008..came out of fixed...in July 2010...The capital reduction is on the full amount drawn down in 2008...Thanks again Brendan..could only dream.of a capital injection of this amount.

Anyone out there still waiting? I called the helpline but they could not give me a timeline
I'm still waiting. My July mortgage payment only came out today (at the usual amount) so I will keep an eye on the account over the next few days.

Back