AIB My capital balance has been reduced!

It could be anything, like account number numericaly, area of house, county of mortgage account, whose file is on top, mother maiden name, accounts with dual person named, god knows, we are talking about AIB here....

With all the euphoria of news of payments, anyone else think its disgraceful that people weren't notified about the reduction without getting told about it first, or how it was computed?

With all the euphoria of news of payments, anyone else think its disgraceful that people weren't notified about the reduction without getting told about it first, or how it was computed?
100% agree, absolutely disgraceful. If it wasn’t for Brendan and this site, I wouldn’t have had a clue what was going on. Plus if you didn’t know about the 12% calculation, the amount looks so random you’d be absolutely scratching your head about how that specific amount came off your account.

100% agree, absolutely disgraceful. If it wasn’t for Brendan and this site, I wouldn’t have had a clue what was going on. Plus if you didn’t know about the 12% calculation, the amount looks so random you’d be absolutely scratching your head about how that specific amount came off your account.

If it wasn't for Brendan we wouldn't be in the position where we are getting this redress!

Does everyone who has been able to confirm this have a current account with AIB? I remember trying to get online access to mortgage account and was told I couldn't without having a current account with them.

Does everyone who has been able to confirm this have a current account with AIB? I remember trying to get online access to mortgage account and was told I couldn't without having a current account with them.
That's the case yes, we were told the same during the week.

I can manage a mortgage with Natwest entirely online while holding no other account type with them. Don't know why AIB can't offer the same. But I digress. Yay for reductions!

My mortgage was reduced this morning too under the narrative FSPO BAL REDUCTION - It's exactly the same amount that I had input into the calculator that was on another thread on AAM. Delighted! The letter should be on its way too! Thank you so much to Brendan and Karen and everyone else who fought AIB on this issue.

Mine has also been reduced this morning...what a good start to the day! Now looking forward to a letter with a new monthly repayment and a cheque!

Thanks again Brendan.

Folks

There are plenty of threads about "What happens if i have closed my mortgage?" or "Do I qualify?"

Any such questions in this thread will be deleted.

This is about the writedown and refund and nothing else.

Ask other questions in other threads.

Brendan

Omg the excitement mine was reduced overnight too by the exact amount I input into calculator. I’m very interested to see what interest cheque I get and also what position I’m in going forward with repayments (given that I’m currently on a fixed rate)- technically I think I should be allowed break my fixed rate so that I can continue to pay the same level of repayment each month and reduce my term. I wasn’t to know I’d technically be in a position to overpay my mortgage each month which I currently am.

Back