AIB My capital balance has been reduced!

Folks

There are plenty of threads about "What happens if i have closed my mortgage?" or "Do I qualify?"

Any such questions in this thread will be deleted.

This is about the write down and refund and nothing else.

Ask other questions in other threads.

Brendan

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm the same, exactly 12% off the capital from the date I came off my fixed term.
Do you mind me asking you when did you receive your initial cheque for the €1615. Was it in March 2018 or did you get it earlier? As in late 2017? Thanks a million.

Do you mind me asking you when did you receive your initial cheque for the €1615. Was it in March 2018 or did you get it earlier? As in late 2017? Thanks a million.
Clodagh, I got the initial cheque in March 2018. I know my calculations will be very straight forward as I've remained with AIB, never had arrears, nothing out of the ordinary etc, so maybe they are working through the straight forward cases first? I don't know, just a guess.

Clodagh, I got the initial cheque in March 2018. I know my calculations will be very straight forward as I've remained with AIB, never had arrears, nothing out of the ordinary etc, so maybe they are working through the straight forward cases first? I don't know, just a guess.
We are the very same so please God will work out ok and not be long, hate the not knowing Thanks for reply!

Just see that my capital reduction has happened. It’s reduced by the predicted amount

no letter yet , I presume it will arrive soon with new monthly repayment and a cheque
I'm the same, exactly 12% off the capital from the date I came off my fixed term.
Yeah same here , 12% off capital balance when my first fixed term ended ....
Great stuff, was just thinking I didn't get my monthly BDO letter yet usually lands early in the month. Can I ask when you came off your fixed rate? Am wondering what order AIB are processing these in!

Can I ask when you came off your fixed rate? Am wondering what order AIB are processing these in!
I came off my initial fixed term in early 2011. I was just thinking that they may also be doing it alphabetically, I'm a B so if it was alphabetically would make sense that I would be near the beginning. Again, just another guess?

For those whose balance has been reduced, was your July mortgage payment taken out already? Mine comes out tomorrow. I just checked my balance online and it hasn't changed yet. Will be interesting to see if its alphabetical.

For those whose balance has been reduced, was your July mortgage payment taken out already? Mine comes out tomorrow. I just checked my balance online and it hasn't changed yet. Will be interesting to see if its alphabetical.
My July mortgage payment came out on 1st as usual and "Capital Reduction" (That's what it says on transaction description) happened today, 7th July.

My surname is a C so maybe it is alphabetical, my normal July payment came out as normal a few days ago and capital reduction happened today

Imagine the surprise of the people who know nothing about it and when they check their mortgage balance to see it has been reduced by 12%! And no letter telling them why.
We were just talking about this at home! Although, I'm not sure how many people keep an eye on their mortgage capital, I know I didn't prior to this. They'll probably get their first surprise when their monthly repayment is much less, or the compensation cheque arrives!!!

Again Brendan, I cannot thank you enough for all your hard work, this will make a huge difference to so many people.

Ah I'm N so could be a while yet, I pay by standing order too so will have to wait for the letter for the new payment. No sign of the capital reduction on the mobile banking yet.

Fantastic news guys, I've been stalking my internet banking since the first July, but if it's alphabetical it will be a while for me as we are near the end of the alphabet!

Back