AIB My capital balance has been reduced!

Got ours as well this morning. Kept quite over the last number of months as I didn't believe it until I saw the money in the account. I echo Megafans comment No words of thanks would be sufficient. Thanks Brendan for your tireless efforts over the years. Still have 23 years left which is tough to take!!!!

Checked mortgage account this morning, capital reduction has been applied overnight. Many thanks to Brendan for all the work over the last few years. Lack of communication from AIB is shocking. I will be writing to them today to express my frustration.

Reduction applied last night. After wasting over a decade of my life working for that crowd, it's nice to get something back from them :cool:
Thanks for all the work you put into this brendan.

Anybody else here who would have had a joint mortgage at the time get a response yet?

Just rang helpline now, capital has been reduced and he told me that a letter will issue between now and end of August explaining calculations and any other monies owed

Thank you everyone

I see on their website that it says we will receive the letters after the Capital reduction has been made "Customers will receive a letter and their payment in July and August following the capital reduction being made."

Our balance has also been reduced. Thank you so much Brendan and everyone else for making this a reality. I tried to initiate things myself years ago but was told by a financial advisor I didn't have a case and gave up on it. Without your guidance, advice and perseverance this wouldn't have happened

Same as everyone else here. Balance reduced by 12% this morning. Fair play to October2019's calculator as it was spot on. Also many thanks to Brendan for keeping the pressure on AIB.

Thanks but I’m more interested in the interest figure to be honest. Congrats to everyone especially Brendan for his tenacity and dedication to the cause!!

Last edited by a moderator:
We got a write down on ours, just rang AIB to check. I feel sorry for the phone support people, they must be inundated.

Thanks again to Brendan for all the support.

I'm in tears- just phoned the bank and our mortgage has been reduced too-I was afraid to believe it until I heard it directly from the bank. Brendan and Karen thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Just see that my capital reduction has happened. It’s reduced by the predicted amount

no letter yet , I presume it will arrive soon with new monthly repayment and a cheque
Hi. Same here today just happened to be checking my account online. No correspondence yet from AIB either.

just spoken to the non-helpfull AIB helpline and they now have a new number for any FSPO redress questions

0818 300 070

they are still vague and will not give any answers of when my account will be redressed

Haven't got mine and getting a little freaked.

We broke out of the fixed rate so I'm wondering are they going to drag their feet on these cases

Haven't got mine and getting a little freaked.

We broke out of the fixed rate so I'm wondering are they going to drag their feet on these cases
No. We broke out of fixed rate also and balance was reduced last night.
Thanks to Brendan for all his hard work and advice. Its been invaluable.

No. We broke out of fixed rate also and balance was reduced last night.
Thanks to Brendan for all his hard work and advice. Its been invaluable.

@Redser Can I ask what date they redressed your account, was it from the date your original fixed rate was going to end or when you broke out?

Last edited:
Back