Looking for ideas on how to generate income quickly

One creative idea might be to get a TV company to do a documentary on your situation? They show all sorts of rubbish on TV these days so it might be a runner.

yes, except you want other people to be creative & think for you.

in fairness the guy is looking for ideas its not a crime, why all the negativity from posters on this one?

I would tend to agree with Clubman. It is very hard to help somebody if they don't want to help themselves. Read the original Post. Has property -- won't sell, has assets -- won't sell. Has no job -- won't get a job. No Money -- wants other persons ideas. The only person that is negative is the OP.

I would tend to agree with Clubman. It is very hard to help somebody if they don't want to help themselves. Read the original Post. Has property -- won't sell, has assets -- won't sell. Has no job -- won't get a job. No Money -- wants other persons ideas. The only person that is negative is the OP.

I guess thats a different way of reading it. I did say everyone was being negative, but the advice has been more sell your assets than answer his question. Suggesting that he probably would only get out of bed to go to the bog might have been bordering on negative wouldn't you agree?

"I am NEVER going to "get a job" - I couldn't work for someone else. Sorry...but it just ain't me!"

No, with the comment as above how else are other posters be inclined to answer. What does the OP want ?? Hold his assets for the long term and suffer short term. I would say that a reality check is required and pretty soon.

The rental income barely covers the mortgages as I have set it up that way in order to pay off the mortgages as soon as possible. The rental is actually more that the mortgages but instead of taking the extra rent as income I decided to put it towards paying the mortgage quickly & then having an income from that in 5 years. I have said from the start that I am looking for ways other than selling assets (property/shares) to generate income. The internet business will be profitable within 3 months. I have several very good friends who are successful internet marketeers & I am following their guidance on setting up. As I said before, I have been ill & I am now trying to get back on my feet. I never said that I didn't want to work. I said I don't want to work for someone else because I am an entrepreneur. I know the employee/entrepreneur mindsets are very different & some people may have misunderstood what I was saying as a result. I do not have huge debts, simply one credit card & one overdraft - so I cannot justify selling assets to pay these. I have worked extremely hard to have what I have today. Like I said, recovering from a serious illness & trying to get back on my feet & was hoping for some support & positivity. If I seemed cavalier in my attitude that is not the case at all. I am very grounded in reality. I have been around a lot of negativity & I prefer to concentrate on the positive & on ways to move forward, rather than being negative or looking for a quick fix. Thanks to everyone for the feedback - it all helped...

Think of Charlie Sheen in the film 'Wall Street'. There's no easy way to make money....

I think that without being more forthcoming with regard to your financial situation, nobody here can offer assistance.

The extent of your financial situation is not that clear, so advice is impossible to give. This section of the forum is for helping people with financial problems, but the information given must be enough for that advice to be provided.

Very few internet businesses are profitable in 3 months, and of those that are, the level of revenue they generate in a small market like Ireland, where internet penetration and usage is low, would not be great.

Also, how are you funding the internet venture if you have no money - proper web design does not come cheap, and startup and runup costs could put you under further pressure?

Is some of your reluctance to sell your property and shares linked to the performance of those assets over the past year?

Also, as self proclaimed entrepreneur with a web business coming on line, you must have a very weird view of the internet/entrepreneurship if you think people are going to come along with great ideas and tell you on a public forum so you can make money!

Best of luck with it all either way.

I never said that I didn't want to work. I said I don't want to work for someone else because I am an entrepreneur.
If you start your own business, you will end up working for all your customers.

I suspect he will be relying on advertising revenue rather than providing any 'real' service - see OP's 'internet marketeers' comment.

The internet business is fully automated & therefore will not require a huge amount of time to set up/run. The overheads are minimal - can all be run from a laptop. Selling products/information online to a global market. I have web designers who are professional & very reasonably priced & good friends guiding me through the process.
I realise that my situation is perhaps too complex to go into fully here so I'm going to talk to a professional IFA about it. Thanks again to everyone, especially those who genuinely tried to help.

Back