What do I do with my organ? (!)

AlastairSC

Kids just bust my Technics organ - the 80's kind: double keyboard, pedals, different instruments and rhythms etc all in wooden cabinet.

Think it's just from clicking the on/off switch too many times, so maybe electrical rather than electronic.

Shop I bought it from is long since gone (McNeive Music in the ILAC centre) Where could I bring it to / get someone to fix it?

If it was me and I suspected that it was simply a faulty switch then I would consider investigating for myself. If you do this then make sure to isolate it from the mains first and take the normal precautions to guard against electrocution/shocks.

Agree with ClubMan - if you really think it's just the switch, it could well be a very easy repair - providing you know what you are doing and take the usual precautions, as mentioned.

Thanks guys. Had a go - wiring was pretty plain so I even bypassed the switch. No luck, though. Something else busted, I guess.

Seems a shame just to dump it for what possibly might be just one blown component. Electronics are not my forte - does anyone know who might take a look and hopefully repair it?

TIA

Quick ring around some of the music shops? They usually know people who carry out repairs to instruments - e.g. my local, small guitar shop had a guy who they sent my guitar to for a repair.

Back