Looking for ideas on how to generate income quickly

get a taxi plate or if it is short term maybe an ice-cream van

or if you have expertise in the property game, become an agent for remax or one of those estate agents where you could make a couple of grand by flogging other peoples houses

or look around your house and find everything that you do not need or use and sell it on ebay to generate cash

Perhaps it's time to remortgage those properties over a longer term to make it possible to live off the rent until your internet startup goes into profit.

"Automated" Income (web style) sounds a little unlikely, although a very small number of people have managed this.

Best of luck.

The rental income barely covers the mortgages as I have set it up that way in order to pay off the mortgages as soon as possible. The rental is actually more that the mortgages but instead of taking the extra rent as income I decided to put it towards paying the mortgage quickly & then having an income from that in 5 years.
Sorry - the above points seem to contradict each other and make little sense to me. If, as you seem to imply, you have annuity/repayment rather than interest only mortgages on the rental properties then that too seems a bit odd to me as I mentioned earlier.
I never said that I didn't want to work. I said I don't want to work for someone else because I am an entrepreneur. I know the employee/entrepreneur mindsets are very different & some people may have misunderstood what I was saying as a result.
Do most entrepreneurs post on a discussion forum like this looking for business ideas rather than building their own better mousetrap?
I do not have huge debts, simply one credit card & one overdraft
And the small matter of mortgages on two properties presumably?

Making a good income from websites is not as unlikely as some people think. There are probably hundreds of thousands of people doing it all over the world . If you can just hang in there till the website(s) bring in some money.
What are your planned main sources of income? Google Adsense? Affilliate Schemes? or selling actual products or Advertising?

What's a good income in this context? Subsistance living or being able to cover the rental income shortfall on two properties? As I and others mentioned above it would help if the original poster posted some hard figures relating to existing unsecured debts, mortgages, rental income etc.

Also, should this be a key post as there are some good ideas covered.

No - of course not - but I can access them from it . You can get hosting and 5 domains for under 200 euro a year. You can also get free blogs .

No - of course not - but I can access them from it . You can get hosting and 5 domains for under 200 euro a year. You can also get free blogs .

Sure, but that's not what you said originally, you even corrected me on it.

Making a good income from websites is not as unlikely as some people think.
Sure. But not as easy as some people think either.
No, it certainly isn't easy. You have a global market, but you're also in competition with the world.

OP if you are short of cash flow at the moment why don't you stop overpaying your mortgages for now and when the business is up and running you can start to overpay again. Getting a taxi plate is another good idea as you would be working for yourself. You haven't said what level of income you need, or what you are good at, could you cut lawns for the summer, hours to suit you etc. Only cost is the purchase of a lawnmower. You must be doing something right if you have built up a property and share portfolio.

I said I don't want to work for someone else because I am an entrepreneur.

Nonsense.

I'm an entrepreneur but I work a day job while I build my internet business.

It has nothing to do with employee vs entrepreneur mentality. It's called not having a chip on your shoulder.

You're in debt. Get a job.

The internet business will be profitable within 3 months. I have several very good friends who are successful internet marketeers & I am following their guidance on setting up.

Get ready for disappointment. I know the internet industry really well, and you will not be making a profit in three months. You do not understand what you are doing.

I really do not understand the OP. One thing certain is that he is full of enthusiasm. However,nobody in their wildest dreams is going to paste on a forum, easy ways of legally making cash. And in this regard, there are very view easy quick ways to generate cash without either breaking the law or acting immoral.

Remember it is only money which is required for a short period of time. Has the OP considered his Bank Manager for a loan ?? If he is that good as an entrepreneur, the Bank Manager should happily lend him the money.

The internet business will be profitable within 3 months. I have several very good friends who are successful internet marketeers & I am following their guidance on setting up. As I said before, I have been ill & I am now trying to get back on my feet.

I do not have huge debts, simply one credit card & one overdraft - so I cannot justify selling assets to pay these.
Given that you have been seriously ill and your friends are already willing to help, have you considered approaching some of your "successful internet marketeers" for a short-term loan to cover you until your business is up and running. If they are advising you, surely they will have confidence in the outcome and be more than happy to help you on the way.

I never said that I didn't want to work. I said I don't want to work for someone else because I am an entrepreneur. I know the employee/entrepreneur mindsets are very different & some people may have misunderstood what I was saying as a result.
Money is money when you need it and work is work when you can get it. You need to be less precious about your own view of yourself and more practical about what you need. You wouldn't be sacrificing your entrepeneurial nature, you would be using your talents to bring in an income while waiting for your own business to take off. It is entirely possible for you to give up salaried employment then.

... was hoping for some support & positivity. ... I am very grounded in reality. I have been around a lot of negativity & I prefer to concentrate on the positive & on ways to move forward, rather than being negative or looking for a quick fix....
Ah I see negativity has no place in reality? Everything about the world must be positive? What a silly attitude. Negative responses are not necessarily wrong because they are negative or unwelcome, sometimes they are right because your premise is wrong.

Back