The Irish Apprentice .......

delgirl

The Irish Apprentice is to be broadcast on TV3 and they're looking for budding young entrepreneurs to apply [broken link removed]

Must say, nothing against Bill Cullen, I don't know him personally, but I would have preferred to see a character like Michael O'Leary in Sir Alan's seat. Guaranteed entertainment! :)

I am cringing already! We don't have a good track record of recreating these shows. Memories of Eamonn Dunphy in the weakest link and Gay Byrne in who wants to be a millionaire come flooding back

I heard Bill Cullen on the Last Word last night. He's entertaining in a short interview but I don't know if I could take a whole programme of him talking about "Mother D'arcy". Everytime I hear him I think of the Today FM "Bill Cullen".

BTW he had Matt Cooper totally lost when he told them he was going to tell contestants "You're Barn Bracked"

I am cringing already! We don't have a good track record of recreating these shows.

I'm cringing too. Not just that our recreations are toecurling but the fact that we need to recreate at all - it's a bit pathetic IMO.

It reminds me of when we used to say "Ireland's answer to..." (insert some hugely successful act/concept)

Incredible lack of imagination.

Given that the contestants on the English version are forever bowing and scrapeing to some entity called 'surallen' when speaking to Alan Sugar does that mean the Irish contenstamts will refer to Cullen as Dr. Bill?

I am cringing already! We don't have a good track record of recreating these shows. Memories of Eamonn Dunphy in the weakest link and Gay Byrne in who wants to be a millionaire come flooding back

Here here !:)

Just checked the TV3 link there & read the application form... has the usual........
Name
Gender,
Nationality
Qualifications etc

am a bit stumped on this question though....
"Why would you like to be Bill Cullen's apprentice?"
Possible answer......
'cause I really really liked the sketches he did on Today FM with Navan Man & the Drunken Politician!

Lauren - there is a salary of €100K which isn't to be sniffed at.

I know what ye mean by the irish versions not being as good but Treasure Island was good a few years back but RTE couldn't afford it the following year and then they crashed the boat.

Can't wait for the final tonight.

So who should they have got that would have been credible and entertaining:

Denis O'Brien
Sean Quinn
Dermot Desmond
Mick O'Leary
Jim Mansfield

Have I missed anyone?

An apprentice to Tony O'Reilly would probably spend more time telling him what is going on.

With JP, not really sure about being an apprentice gambler

Apart from the fact that he doesn't live here, Bob Geldof would be the best to test if people can be both sucessful and useful in this world. It would be different from the US and UK programmes as it would not promote the best second hand car sales sort rising to the top

Back