KBC KBC - infamous flyer timeline

Yes I heard the same. A number of test cases are with the Ombudsman on these scenarios. Surely we must be nearing some preliminary decisions ?

Yes I heard the same. A number of test cases are with the Ombudsman on these scenarios. Surely we must be nearing some preliminary decisions ?
Is there anyway we can get an indication of timeframe when the Ombudsman will give a clear decision on outstanding cases.
I know there was Dail Banking Committee Meeting with Central Bank before Christmas. I wonder when is the next one with Central Bank so that we can contact our local representatives in order to try and get closure to the biggest "bank robbery" / white collar crime in Ireland.
I laugh at the huge amounts of money that where paid out.
We must never forget that the majority of this money was NOT the banks in the first place and was handed back !

I wonder are the current covid restrictions contributing to delays in ombudsman decisions, would anyone know?

My case was submitted in June 2020 to the Ombudsman. KBC responsed quickly to advise they were not entering the mediation process.The Ombudsman then forward my case for investigation. I contacted the FSPO yesterday and was advised that your complaint is currently in the queue for investigation. There is a significant volume of tracker related complaints queued for investigation with them. They are progressing complaints in date order, starting with the oldest complaints received. My complaint was received in June 2020 and is queued accordingly. I was advice before Xmas that the Ombudsman staff were working but this should not slow down the investigation process.

Thanks for your reply, Jazzer, that is very helpful, greatly appreciate it, at least things are still ongoing

I’m no assuming there was no mention of our cohort in today’s FSPO updates ? Has anyone made any further progress ?

Hello, just wondering if anyone in this cohort has seen any movement or updates?

Anyone got any further updates or status of flyer related cases with the ombudsman ?

Hi All, now that kbc are leaving the Irish banking market, how will these impact on the impending ombudsman cases on the cohorts of tracker cases waiting on responses, surely there should be an effort to resolve these in a quicker timeframe now? I value your thoughts on this

There weren't that many KBC unresolved cases left over from CB Enquiry, 400 odd if i remember correctly . Not sure how many have made complaints to the Ombudsman outside of that number, so they could easily prioritize them and get them finished if they wanted . Any threads on what happened to outstanding Ulster bank cases now they will fall under A.I.B, the sales probably wont make any change to how either is treated ?

Hi Everyone,

Just to give you a quick update on my case. I was informed yesterday that an investigation officer was assigned to my case.
For the next stage of the process, a document called a ‘Summary of Complaint’ will be drafted. The Summary of Complaint includes a brief background of the complaint, a description of the allegations made by me and any redress/compensation sought. The ombudsman raises certain questions with KBC in relation to the complaint; to clarify any missing information, explain certain conduct, and respond to all submissions made by the me.
The Ombudsman also requests documentary evidence. Once this is finalised by the FSO, They issue a copy to both me and the KBC. KBC is required to respond to the me within 20 working days. Once this is received by FSO, They will provide me with a copy of the Provider’s response.

Thanks for update again Jazzer, I would certainly hope that the process moves along at speed knowing that these guys have decided to exit the market. I have to say , I find the whole process so frustrating and it has taken up too much of my life. I really think that Pascal Donohoe and the rest of the the TDs should at least ensure that these outstanding matters are dealt with properly before any agreement or permission is granted for the sale of their loan book.

Totally agree calamity - hopefully the FSPO will prioritise the KBC scenarios left. There cannot be too many and I’m guessing they all somewhat link in to flyer related issues.

I received confirmation a few weeks ago that my case is under investigation by the Ombudsman and I will 'be hearing from them shortly'....I have heard nothing since, the process appears to be moving at a 'snail's pace'. Does anyone know if there are timeframes set to deal with this?

Thanks Calamity, I think your case is a very similar one to mine. I really hope there is some movement on this soon as it’s been dragged in far too long. I think there are multiple cases going thru the ombudsman .

Thanks both - let’s all keep everything crossed that the FSPO treat this as it should and follow the code of conduct where customer should be front and centre and banks should be acting in the interests of their customers at all times .

Back