KBC KBC giving me back my tracker!

Just checked the bank account!

Trackers returned. Its 9 years since challenging the bank, and 7 since contacting Padraic Kissane.
The years since then have been a nightmare and Im so happy to be closing this chapter. Holiday just booked, and
looking forward to that day.

Just to remind everyone that none of this would have been possible without Padraic and I will be contacting him as soon
as the refund/compensation has been paid to me. No mention of compensation yet, but I will not be accepting 10% like others have suggested,
that will be another battle.

Without Padraic none of this would have happened.

Just checked the bank account!

Just to remind everyone that none of this would have been possible without Padraic and I will be contacting him as soon
as the refund/compensation has been paid to me. No mention of compensation yet, but I will not be accepting 10% like others have suggested,
that will be another battle.

I would encourage everyone to query the logic behind any compensation offer. IMO they cannot withdraw an offer once made, so at worst you get an explanation, at best you get more. They will be trying to minimise their exposure in a major way.

Congrats to everyone fighting this for as long - well done.

March payment down by over €315 euro plus €127 for shifting rate in Jan.

All in €440 a month saving,

X 7 years and compensation. Could be a nice chunk of change coming our way.

Sorry if I'm going over old ground but in regards to the flyer how is it that people are saying it only applies to new business draw down from Nov 06 to Feb 08. I see the 0.9% tracker is for new business but the 1.25-1.4 doesn't specify new business. I drew down in 2005 and fixed March 06-march 08. My broker was still dealing with my account in 2008 so the flyer in Nov 06 says to me that after my fixed rate expired it would roll to tracker, am I wrong? ?

Crazy tbh. It states 'all iib fixed rates will now roll onto tracker upon expiry ' it doesn't say all new fixed rate agreements or all fixed rate agreements due to expire in Feb 08 or any other permutation of the same. It seems incredibly clear that if you were on a fixed rate at the time then it would roll off onto a tracker, which is what both I and the broker assumed at the time

Great news. Enjoy treating yourself. Things are moving in the right direction. No white smoke here.. May be another while yet

Just home ... mine is here too!
No words right now....
thank you to all who fought for justice and also thinking of those still awaiting theirs.
Thank you also to all here who have been a source of information and virtual companions on this journey.
Kind Regards,
MC

Delighted for you Clara,,

The icing on the cake, my mortgage has also reduced by a big number.

So, 3 things,

Redress, compensation, and substantial reduction on the mortgage balance for overpaid interest.

This is a happy day,

I think I’m happy to let it end. No need to chase for more compensation.

And mine is here too...substantially higher than I had estimated myself although I had tried to err on the conservative side to avoid getting my hopes up too much. It's a really life changing day - it'll take time to sink in. Again, sincere thanks to those who've been so supportive of me here and again to those in particular who have been fighting the good fight on this for so long.

And mine is here too...substantially higher than I had estimated myself although I had tried to err on the conservative side to avoid getting my hopes up too much. It's a really life changing day - it'll take time to sink in. Again, sincere thanks to those who've been so supportive of me here and again to those in particular who have been fighting the good fight on this for so long.
And 8 weeks ago, you hadn't considered you would be part of it!

In fairness to kbc, they seem to be now keeping to their recent promises and are not going down the ulster bank route of stretching it out.

Still waiting for my letter - but live in rural kildare, so snow delays come into play.

Buying my A4 photo frame tomorrow in anticipation

Great news. Im away with work, I know the post is there but wont get it till Thursday!! this is going to drive me crazy now. I have done my calculations over paying by approx €350 PM x 12 months x 7 years = €30k ish. Am I close??

Also received a letter yesterday with cheque enclosed. Compensation is generous.
For the bank that took the longest to come to the table they are dealing with this at 'lightening' speed!!

Also received a letter yesterday with cheque enclosed. Compensation is generous.
For the bank that took the longest to come to the table they are dealing with this at 'lightening' speed!!
When you say "generous" approx what percentage of the overcharge.

Also, were you in the "Broker flyer" cohort or the "tracker to fixed to svr" cohort?

looking at mine this morning finally with a clear head compensation is around 30% of figure refunded to me in cash.
I'll try do example... maths is not my thing
over charged interest €65k
refund due to me €44K
balance adjustment on mortgage -€23k
compensation €13.5K
plus cheque for €650.00

Back