New2ThisPlsHelp
Registered User
- Messages
- 11
Hi All,
I am being made redundant and looking into social welfare etc for the first time and I will qualify for the new Jobseekers Pay Related Benefit.
As this is the first gap in work (non annual leave) I'll have since I finished college I am thinking of taking a trip for approx 6 weeks before coming back and looking for a new role.
I see for the JPRB that I am supposed to apply from the first day I become unemployed, and if I leave it until I come back I will not have the 4 in 10 previous weeks PRSI stamps paid so won't qualify. It says you can stop a claim and reopen it within 13 weeks to continue it. Does anyone know if you can register and immediately stop the claim? I know this is probably viewed as trying to game the system but after 15 years of working and paying in with no claims on anything I am keen to try and at least get this new increased jobseekers payment when I am being put out of a job through no fault of my own.
Has anyone paused one of these claims and restarted it? I understand you apply online initially so is this also just done online?
Thanks for any insights!
I am being made redundant and looking into social welfare etc for the first time and I will qualify for the new Jobseekers Pay Related Benefit.
As this is the first gap in work (non annual leave) I'll have since I finished college I am thinking of taking a trip for approx 6 weeks before coming back and looking for a new role.
I see for the JPRB that I am supposed to apply from the first day I become unemployed, and if I leave it until I come back I will not have the 4 in 10 previous weeks PRSI stamps paid so won't qualify. It says you can stop a claim and reopen it within 13 weeks to continue it. Does anyone know if you can register and immediately stop the claim? I know this is probably viewed as trying to game the system but after 15 years of working and paying in with no claims on anything I am keen to try and at least get this new increased jobseekers payment when I am being put out of a job through no fault of my own.
Has anyone paused one of these claims and restarted it? I understand you apply online initially so is this also just done online?
Thanks for any insights!