Is there no offence of Dangerous Parking?

Let's try again - do you feel that dangerous parking (such as highlighted by Brendan here) is safe?

Its illegal its on a corner. End of.

Its a 30kph zone. I assume the issue is it mostly causes is congestion, and it forces people into the other lane to overtake. But then its a 30k zone. That said this Sandymount and there allsorts of drama about traffic with the cycle lane etc., and traffic passing through and one way systems.

But also that's a huge width of a footpath outside Mace. You could nearly fit another lane of traffic on it, if it was narrowed.

He may have been inside the van. It might be big enough to accomodate an internal door between the 'cargo' and driver area.

I reported two cash in transit vans for parking on a pavement and blocking it for pedestrians and another for parking on a cycle lane. Garda told me they are exemped vehicles and are permitted to park similar to Garda vehicles. So they do! Nobody, unless a blue light responding to emergency should be allowed to park where they like. I just think AGS turn a blind eye to all this. Also, to general parking adjacent a continuous white line or on or within 50m of a junction or blind bend.
There may be an offence of dangerous parking, but close to zero enforcement.

I wouldn't rely on the Garda as being correct.