Is there no offence of Dangerous Parking?

Let's try again - do you feel that dangerous parking (such as highlighted by Brendan here) is safe?

Its illegal its on a corner. End of.

Its a 30kph zone. I assume the issue is it mostly causes is congestion, and it forces people into the other lane to overtake. But then its a 30k zone. That said this Sandymount and there allsorts of drama about traffic with the cycle lane etc., and traffic passing through and one way systems.

But also that's a huge width of a footpath outside Mace. You could nearly fit another lane of traffic on it, if it was narrowed.

Sorry folks. Busy with other stuff. And didn't know how to upload a video.

I decided to wait for the driver to appear and while I was waiting I videod the impact on traffic.

To my amazement, the van took off. So I don't think that the driver was in the Mace shop as I would have seen him come out.

https://twitter.com/BrendanBurgess/status/1621511407958364163?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Brendan
He may have been inside the van. It might be big enough to accomodate an internal door between the 'cargo' and driver area.

I reported two cash in transit vans for parking on a pavement and blocking it for pedestrians and another for parking on a cycle lane. Garda told me they are exemped vehicles and are permitted to park similar to Garda vehicles. So they do! Nobody, unless a blue light responding to emergency should be allowed to park where they like. I just think AGS turn a blind eye to all this. Also, to general parking adjacent a continuous white line or on or within 50m of a junction or blind bend.
There may be an offence of dangerous parking, but close to zero enforcement.

I reported two cash in transit vans for parking on a pavement and blocking it for pedestrians and another for parking on a cycle lane. Garda told me they are exemped vehicles and are permitted to park similar to Garda vehicles. So they do! Nobody, unless a blue light responding to emergency should be allowed to park where they like. I just think AGS turn a blind eye to all this. Also, to general parking adjacent a continuous white line or on or within 50m of a junction or blind bend.
There may be an offence of dangerous parking, but close to zero enforcement.

I wouldn't rely on the Garda as being correct.

Back