Harry and Meghan

Actually more people in Scotland voted for Brexit than voted for the SNP at the last election

Brexit voting options: Remain or Leave

UK election voting options in Scotland :

SNP
Labour
Conservative
Liberal Democrats
Green Party
Brexit Party
UKIP
Others

SNP won 45% of the vote, 1.2m votes
Brexit (in a two horse race) 38% of the vote, 1m votes.

The SNP have 47 out of 59 MPs, that's kinda dominant (barely shy of 80%). Scotland voted 62% remain, highest within the UK. The real questions are A) will there be a 2nd referendum & B) if there is will it carry. The May election outcome should be a decent indicator as to whether the Salmond inquiry is a 9 day wonder or something more longlasting. Re-joining the EU is a no brainer if the independence vote is won, Ireland is the poster boy in that respect. That's the interesting story in the UK, the Saxe Coburgs are just for giggles, Wales still fairly 'within the camp' notwithstanding recent Drakeford comments - you'd need to see ballot box outcomes before any serious interest there.

Good that the Tories have some ethnic diversity, bad that it includes Priti Patel :oops:

Your regular reminder that a decision on a referendum is entirely the perogative of the UK prime minister.
Don't hold your breath.

Brexit voting options: Remain or Leave

UK election voting options in Scotland :

SNP
Labour
Conservative
Liberal Democrats
Green Party
Brexit Party
UKIP
Others

SNP won 45% of the vote, 1.2m votes
Brexit (in a two horse race) 38% of the vote, 1m votes.

Your regular reminder that UK elections and referenda are national not regional votes and in the most recent one the Tories won a large overall majority.

Your regular reminder that UK elections and referenda are national not regional votes.

I'm talking specifically about voting results and options in Scotland, for both UK election and referendum.
Your claim that more people in Scotland voted for Brexit than SNP is false, by some considerable margin.

Your regular reminder that a decision on a referendum is entirely the perogative of the UK prime minister.
Don't hold your breath.
But they're all about the democracy innit. I swear to jaysus if I was Scottish I'd be past asking for permission. :D Tis a quare "union" where you are not even allowed vote on it - & in the next breath they call them spongers.....that they seem desperate to hold onto. #astrangeland

I see '4 in a row' comments, but sure there was something like 20 in a row majority in favour over the last 18 months. As I said, May is being touted by the SNP as "mandate of Indy 2" so they'll get their answer then for better or worse. With Johnson, Rees Mogg & Co always obliging with foot-in-mouth arrogance there's every chance they'll rile up the natives in time. ;)

I don't see this being as big a controversy as the diana interview and subsequent death, meghan does not have sympathy of British people like diana did. I think she and the oprah media company have tried to manipulate this for massive effect. They left over a year ago but why did they wait until now for this interview. The reason is obvious a year ago everyone was consumed with the corona virus and this would have been relegated as a non story in comparison to the seriousness of corona. Now that corona is finally receding with the vaccines the media sense that the public has an appetite again for thrashy. celebrity trivia

Last edited:
" Some recollections may vary "
A quote for our times.
Her Majesty's very polite way of saying " eff you ".
She's a wily old bird.

I hate the term "your truth" as in "Thank you for speaking your truth".
Truth is not a relative term; something is either true or it isn't.

I hate the term "your truth" as in "Thank you for speaking your truth".
Truth is not a relative term; something is either true or it isn't.
I guess there are "facts" - words were said or not. However, what was heard/interpreted can be different.
"I gave him a few pointers, constructive stuff."
"He absolutely tore strips off me."
Maybe neither are lying, that just have different interpretations of what went down. One has the benefit of knowing their true intent (assuming they are being honest), the other doesn't. Maybe there's context that should objectively clarify intent. But when someone says "I felt....", there's a fair chance they did feel that way, even if you think that's the most hypersensitive/irrational way to assess the situation. You have to remember that many/most people go into 'rabbit in the headlights' mode when presented with a difficult situation, emotion takes over (even if only temporarily), it's amygdala 'fight or flight' stuff.

So it's not always as cut and dried as you'd think it should be.

There's nowt as queer as folk.

I guess there are "facts" - words were said or not. However, what was heard/interpreted can be different.
"I gave him a few pointers, constructive stuff."
"He absolutely tore strips off me."
Maybe neither are lying, that just have different interpretations of what went down. One has the benefit of knowing their true intent (assuming they are being honest), the other doesn't. Maybe there's context that should objectively clarify intent. But when someone says "I felt....", there's a fair chance they did feel that way, even if you think that's the most hypersensitive/irrational way to assess the situation. You have to remember that many/most people go into 'rabbit in the headlights' mode when presented with a difficult situation, emotion takes over (even if only temporarily), it's amygdala 'fight or flight' stuff.

So it's not always as cut and dried as you'd think it should be.

There's nowt as queer as folk.
Yep, "Your perspective" is now "Your truth".

Yep, "Your perspective" is now "Your truth".
Agreed, but in the absence of objective evidence, something measurable be that physical, numerical etc etc, then what else is there?

Where such evidence does exist then it is absolutely right to say - "thank you for your perspective, but these facts ...x, y & z, prove to the contrary, so they are the facts of the matter and that's what we're dealing with from now on...." (i.e. we're not wasting time rehashing your erroneous claims)

Agreed, but in the absence of objective evidence, something measurable be that physical, numerical etc etc, then what else is there?

Where such evidence does exist then it is absolutely right to say - "thank you for your perspective, but these facts ...x, y & z, prove to the contrary, so they are the facts of the matter and that's what we're dealing with from now on...." (i.e. we're not wasting time rehashing your erroneous claims)
Sure, but the phrase frames the subjective as the objective. There's just too much of that going on just about everywhere.

Another pesky poll again I know but ...

The Cambridges versus Sussexes.
Net ratings among British adults after Oprah interview:
William +60 Kate +57
Harry -3 Meghan -27

YouGov, today

Do Harry and Meghan have a right to want security for their kids? lIke, do others on the same level get it? Like Princess Anne's kids etc?

There kids are the ones who will be really angry about this when they get older, poor young Archie with an American accent will be outside buck house like all the other tourists

Do Harry and Meghan have a right to want security for their kids? lIke, do others on the same level get it? Like Princess Anne's kids etc?

The short answer is no.
As with a number of other claims coming out of the interview Ginger and Sparkle were being 'economical' with the truth.
Only the children of the heir to the throne are afforded 24-hour security.
In the case of Princess Anne her children are Joe Soaps.
Peter Phillips works for a sports management company and Zara Phillips is a housewife.
Prince Edward has two children - I had to look up their names ( Louise and James ) because they've been brought up out of the public eye.
However all the Royal Family receive protection when they are out on official duties.

Last edited:
Reactions: jan
Back