Harry and Meghan

I think its perfectly reasonable to enjoy lots of English things without 'surrendering your soul'. I hate the Tories, the British Empire and its army. Other than that I have great time for the place. Gone on many holidays there. I think Brexit is a leap backwards, driven by xenophobia veering towards outright racism. Hope the Scots get to leave v soon, and the Welsh eventually. Maybe only then, when Britain has officially died, will they move on from the notions of old 'glories' and English exceptionalism. But in the meantime I'll still enjoy their TV, film, music and (90% of) their people.

I cannot understand how the Germano-Greek royal (not Royale) family holds so may Irish people in thrall, any more than I can understand the fascination with so-called celebrities.

probably because we dont have that celebrity culture in Ireland, only really Conor McGregor lives up to that. The royals always had a particular fascination in Ireland even during the dark days of the 1980s. Whether you agree with them or not they are a real live soap opera and look at all the irish women that cant get enough of those like their husbands cant get enough of premiership soccer.

I think its perfectly reasonable to enjoy lots of English things without 'surrendering your soul'. I hate the Tories, the British Empire and its army. Other than that I have great time for the place. Gone on many holidays there. I think Brexit is a leap backwards, driven by xenophobia veering towards outright racism. Hope the Scots get to leave v soon, and the Welsh eventually. Maybe only then, when Britain has officially died, will they move on from the notions of old 'glories' and English exceptionalism. But in the meantime I'll still enjoy their TV, film, music and (90% of) their people.

Betsy Óg probably supplied the best four line summary of Brexit that I have read.

probably because we dont have that celebrity culture in Ireland, only really Conor McGregor lives up to that. The royals always had a particular fascination in Ireland even during the dark days of the 1980s. Whether you agree with them or not they are a real live soap opera and look at all the irish women that cant get enough of those like their husbands cant get enough of premiership soccer.

Nice post also from Joe Sod - only I would have said Conor McGregor lives "down" to that.

Looks like Harry and Meghan couldn't have timed their exit from the royal family and move to LA much worse with the corona virus outbreak. Just at the time when they needed to be blitzing the US media after the exposure they got from exiting the royal family in December the corona virus steals their thunder, the timing couldn't be much worse. By the time the restrictions are lifted and corona virus is in the rear window, Meghan and Harry will be very old news.

Looks like Harry and Meghan couldn't have timed their exit from the royal family and move to LA much worse with the corona virus outbreak. Just at the time when they needed to be blitzing the US media after the exposure they got from exiting the royal family in December the corona virus steals their thunder, the timing couldn't be much worse. By the time the restrictions are lifted and corona virus is in the rear window, Meghan and Harry will be very old news.
I donno, the appetite of the yank for royalty is almost boundless.

My heart bleeds for them.........I do not think. I could,nt care less if they moved to outer Mongolia and no offence to their people..

It's not his fault he was born into that family. As least he has had the backbone to leave.

I remember watching the Big day with my sister. We both agreed it was very sad Megan didn't have her Dad there

Most annoying for my sister is she said Megan wouldn't stick it and she didn't make a bet. I've told her if she bet €50 she'd be up 5 grand. No idea if she would have got that amount...

I can't help but be bombarded with stories about these two. It seems the tactic to to attack Megan and make her out to be difficult and a bully. It all seems terribly misogynistic and predictable.

The Crown need to put out a quickie special on this, I predict sympathetic treatment of Megan (she's like the new Diana).
Megan can play herself.
Ron from Harry Potter as Harry?

I can't help but be bombarded with stories about these two. It seems the tactic to to attack Megan and make her out to be difficult and a bully. It all seems terribly misogynistic and predictable.

Maybe time to turn off the alerts from the Daily Mail!

Is it true that RTE have bought this interview?? The same RTE that is a cash strapped public broadcaster.

Saw this on random US website... spot the issue :)

The Queen of Talk sits with the most celebrated royal outcasts since the former Duke and Duchess of Windsor in an epic two-hour interview bound to make global headlines...

I guffawed at the notion of a palace investigation into Megan bullying - I mean the stables has been flattened at this stage (let alone the door that used to hang thereon), that bolter has bolted, no good will come of this. If ever a marriage came with a health warning.......

I guffawed at the notion of a palace investigation into Megan bullying - I mean the stables has been flattened at this stage (let alone the door that used to hang thereon), that bolter has bolted, no good will come of this. If ever a marriage came with a health warning.......
Yea, they investigate her but not Randy Andy.

They have a chance to show they represented someone other than over privileged in-bred white Anglo-Germans but they blew it.

Arrrrggghhh. I can't get away from this. It's everywhere, but why? It has nothing of interest to me and nothing to do with me but the entire ball of smoke is suffocating and unavoidable. I suppose some people's lives must be very empty.

Back