Guaranteed - 45% Gross Over 3 Years-Muldowney Group

Re: Guaranteed - 45% Gross Over 3 Years

I agree the gaurantee claim is misleading, it is conditional on how the market performs etc.
kgbm, since you have the prospectus, can you quote the exact wording surrounding the guarantee? Is there a get out clause or other restriction in the small print?

mugsgame: It is a 2 page document entitled "deed of undertaking". it describes the parties in the agreement,then the amount to be invested, and the general terms which are basically that the money shall be invested in local and international property with professional managers overseeing the investment, the term, the 15% gaurantee, description of a quaterly dividend paid into the fund,(which I presume builds up to the 15%) then a section saying that a full description of the properties invested in will be available within the first 3 months of investing, the tax implications. a get out clause is next for each party which is available every 12 months, a declaration that both parties agree that the document is law abiding and then a section for signatures.

to Gonk: How do you get funds without some sort of advertising?

You're missing the point. If Muldowney's can genuinely guarantee a capital secure 45% return over 3 years, there would be absolutely no need to raise money from the public in the first place. They could get all the money they wanted from the banks and retain all the profits for themselves.

If, on the other hand, either the 45% return or the security of capital is not 100% certain, the advertisement is misleading.

True, Gonk. One could argue that they will get considerable profits anyway and are pushing themselves as an exceptional investment company, That however is perhaps being naive. i just dont know. have you had any experience or knowledge BCP asset management?

Mugsgame I missed the point of your post,Quote" the company gaurantees a dividend of 15% per annum on funds invested over the entire term of the investment. For example , investors will receive E45000 on an investment of E100000 over the 36 month term" end quote

Thanks kgbm for the feedback.

Do they say anywhere that your original investment is also guaranteed?

it describes the parties in the agreement

Does this mean the prospectus is personalised to each investor?

Mugsgame: no it doesn't, the example there fore is flawed and the wording is such that it does not gaurantee your money back in the deed of undertaking. This is a separate document to the "prospectus" which does "say" you will get your money back. They are regarding the deed of undetaking as the legal end of the deal. And the prospectus is not personalised, the deed of under taking obviously has to be.

So they entice you with an (apparently) misleading advertisement and prospectus?

If the undertaking is the only legally binding document, then I would imagine (not being a solicitor) that this is all that really matters.

So taking them to Court if a 45% return doesn't materialise is probably not going to go in the investor's favour if the legally binding agreement contains enough in the way of terms and conditions.

I would also be interested what fees and charges (if any) apply, especially in the case of early encashment, even more so since the ‘guaranteed return’ is ‘gross’.
What is the tax situation with unregulated property funds? Are they subject to 23%? Or are they taxed at the individual’s marginal rate?

In short, given the fact that:

(a) there is a paucity of information in the public domain;

(b)the contents of the prospectus are confidential;

(c)there appear to be serious conflicts in the information contained in the advertisements/prospectus and the legally binding agreement;

(d)this is an unregulated product

I would urge anyone considering this product to take independent professional advice (which could encompass investment, taxation and legal aspects).

Caveat emptor.

ccovich: THE tax on the 45% is 20% and is stopped at source , i am not sure about the fees .

kgbm said:
THE tax on the 45% is 20% and is stopped at source

20% stopped at source-are such funds subject to CGT?

kgbm said:
i am not sure about the fees

So 45% gross could very well be 5% net? Are fees and charges not mentioned anywhere?

ccovich: THE tax on the 45% is 20% and is stopped at source .
Says who? Seriously, who has confirmed that CGT applies and not (for example) income tax? Have they got verifiable opinion from a qualified tax expert on this?

This offer is too good to be true - otherwise I'd be off now to remortgage the house.

I don't know about the financial regulations but based on the confusion here on AAM with experienced investors there has to be something misleading about the ad which should be reported to the relevant authorities and so prevent people getting duped.

Moderator note
Question on compunding moved to this thread-please keep this one on topic, i.e. the product being offered.

Last edited by a moderator:

I will admit when I read the ad I was very impressed but this thread has really asked some very interesting questions. I am amazed (1) nobody has responded stating any past experience, good or bad. The website states ''over the years our clients have benefitted from an excellent service delivered by a combined team of professionals with several years experience.'' Any of these clients read AAM? (2) With over 2,500 hits on this thread surely somebody from the Company has seen it. Nobody has responded to any of the questions which are quite legimitate. Who wants to invest a minimum of €25,000 without all details spelt out? Guaranteed 45% over 3 years is a massive statement to make nowadays.

Clubman: I was waiting for that. No I don't. But I am trying to remain positive about it. everything about the deal is negative so far. I am just trying to point out that it is not beyond the bounds of possibility that it can work. And according to them the fund is almost full so someone out there must have committed themselves thus far.
Another possible explanation might be that this claim (that the investment is almost fully subscribed) is not actually true but is part of a hard/pressure selling technique?

Oldtimer: Agreed. I originally posted to look for information. I have had plenty of advice but no one seems to have dealt with them. If no one has, can anyone advise where to check these people out? Is what they are advertising legal ?

I know this individual personally and have made him aware of the thread.
Beyond that it's not appropriate for me to comment on the merits of this offer.

15% p.a. "Guaranteed". Anyone would be a complete mug not to have a large slice of that :D

Back