Ulster Former First Active now Ulster Bank Customer

@Lizzie007, are you getting the 60 day holding letters?
Notwithstanding, it’s my understanding that you are still entitled to make a complaint! If you are not getting a 60 day letter, you are entitled to complain about that and request that you receive notification that your account is being reviewed.

Hi no I am not getting any letter just a letter to say they have my mortgage under review when I wrote to them to ask but nothing since ...will do a complaint letter so

Hi All, got 2 letters from Ulster Bank today asking to confirm identity of myself and wife, got a letter each. Regular yearly statements come addressed to both of us as Mr and Mrs. Impacted letter recieced last July was to me and wife in her Maiden name, and mortgate was taken as Mr and Mrs, anyone else get these ?

@Lizzie007, are you getting the 60 day holding letters?
Notwithstanding, it’s my understanding that you are still entitled to make a complaint! If you are not getting a 60 day letter, you are entitled to complain about that and request that you receive notification that your account is being reviewed.

I'm not a former FA customer but still awaiting a decision if impacted. I suggest a waste of time complaining to U B. This just results in the 60 day letters.

All of us need to email Central Bank to highlight numbers still outstanding and also John McGuinness TD chair of Oireachtas Finance Committee

I received my second SAR a while ago. Yesterday I received a letter apologising for the delay in the SAR request and offering me a goodwill gesture of €150. Some outfit!

The Governor of the Central Bank has said that most of the customers wrongly taken off tracker mortgages will have received their compensation payments by the end of June.

Seen this on RTE News

Im worried about one word in his statement, MOST, its not good enough as its not a deninite

Totally fed up at this stage

Central Bank report states:
"This increase is principally the result of verification of total numbers reported by lenders previously (as unverified estimates), as well as a small number of customer accounts newly identified by lenders."

Irish Times:
In a statement, Ulster Bank said: “We are now in a position to confirm that 1,500-2,000 additional customers are impacted by the examination.”

Rang and still not deemed as impacted, told me I would find out by either getting a letter or seeing in the media that the examination is over and therefore can deduce from that I am not impacted...so frustrated

Ulster Bank Statement:

"Following engagement with the Central Bank of Ireland, we are now in a position to confirm that between 1,500-2,000 additional customers are impacted by the examination. The exact number is subject to completion of the Bank’s internal file review process and then assurance by the external, independent third party, KPMG.

We are currently working to correct the rates (stop further harm) on these newly identified customers and this will be complete by the end of Q3. We expect to substantially progress the redress and compensation payments to these customers by the end of Q3, with all of these customers to be completed in Q4."

Looks like we'll be waiting longer to hear if impacted or not

What a bloody mess. With 200 staff supposed to be working on this tracker scandle I’m wondering what exactly they are doing, because even if they took a full 8 hr working day to do one account there should be 1000 accounts sorted each week .... but instead it’s taking years to get acknowledged never mind compensated.

What a bloody mess. With 200 staff supposed to be working on this tracker scandle I’m wondering what exactly they are doing, because even if they took a full 8 hr working day to do one account there should be 1000 accounts sorted each week .... but instead it’s taking years to get acknowledged never mind compensated.

Totally agree with your comments. Had a long conversation today with Manager of Help Line in Belfast. Still absolutely no information or even timescale. He was more interested in welfare of their call centre staff than me as a Customer.

There appears to be a significant number of UB customers still in limbo Wondering is it hundreds. Only avenue for us email Central Bank and I suggest Minister for Finance so they are aware.

Could we set up some kind of off site forum for unresolved UB customers like us to share and compare ⁉

If Ulster Bank have found 1,500-2,000 additional customers, are they not obliged to return these customers to their tracker rate now?

Back