Ulster Former First Active now Ulster Bank Customer

This may seem like a silly question but I’m full of these questions recently if I’ve 70k left on my mortgage, pay 500 per month, and I’ve 15 years left to pay would that give any guidance as to what I’ve overpaid etc. when I do my sums I’m coming up with wonderful amounts due to me

Not that I am aware of @Deenie , hard to know where they are finding that you are impacted but I have seen compo being paid out to people who were supposedly mis-sold a product but really what happened was the new non FA staff looking at the old forms clearly misunderstood them! I know there was no mis-selling with the particular case as I could see exactly where they were thinking there was but they just were not reading the forms right :)

It's a mess and all the banks will end up paying far more by the time they are finished than if they had just left people entitled to them on their trackers as now they are bringing in other unconnected cases to the pot, makes you wonder do they know what they are doing at all.

It’s impossible to know what is going on. I wish it was over. No two cases seem to be the same. As soon as I hear more I will let ye know !

No update. Same situation as some others including Miakk. Former FA, through the mills. Getting std letters every 2/3 months saying nothing new.

My SIL never even heard about the tracker mortgage fiasco, apart from me going on about it. She’s a UB mortgage customer and mentioned something about trackers when in touch with her UB branch recently....& they are giving her a tracker rate!!!! She never had any complaint with the bank re her rate or even got one of those 60 day letters.
Obviously I don’t know the full details of her mortgage (past or present) but God knows what UB are up to.

The only consistency I see is in ignoring the entitlement of former First Active customers to a tracker rate in line with the fixed rate agreement they signed!

Last edited:
It really is a disgrace we need to try and go to central bank and get answers !! Nothing at all about first active !

Rang helpline again today. Same old story nothing happening with our account at the min but by the end of June all will be well in the world again.

I am a former FA customer we got a letter to say we had been identified as impacted last July and put back on tracker then also. Have heard nothing since have also rang the helpline and given the end of June is our deadline story

No, didn't start on Tracker was on variable., then fixed for 2 years. Not sure about the timeline they are looking at we originally took out mortgage in 2005 , there was no option of tracker after fixed rate it was mentioned in one of our original letters but nothing after that..to be honest a bit confused by it all, sorry I cant be more helpful just want FA customers to know there may.be hope !

It’s interesting that any FA customers in this forum who were identified as impacted were notified around July 2017 - there doesn’t seem to be anything before or since.

Is there any rhyme or reason to the holding letters? I’ve never got one but lots of people on here get them?

Did they actually check your account and say that or do they just not have any information about your account? Are they going to write to you? Have you registered a complaint?

I asked them to look at my account and said yes not deemed impacted as yet but said review not fully done and should be done by end of June ...complaint can’t be made until review done and said that to me

Thanks you may still be impacted so. I don't understand what the delay is with these accounts, does anyone know when reps from FA are to appear before the oireachtas?

Back