Ulster Former First Active now Ulster Bank Customer

If Ulster Bank have found 1,500-2,000 additional customers, are they not obliged to return these customers to their tracker rate now?

Seemingly they are still working through them and these people have not been advised...see the latest statement from CEO

Ulster Bank has made payments to over 2,500 customers so far and is on track to complete payments to 3,490 customers by the end of June 2018.

Following engagement with the Central Bank of Ireland, we are now in a position to confirm that between 1,500-2,000 additional customers are impacted by the examination. The exact number is subject to completion of the Bank’s internal file review process and then assurance by the external, independent third party, KPMG.

We are currently working to correct the rates (stop further harm) on these newly identified customers and this will be complete by the end of Q3. We expect to substantially progress the redress and compensation payments to these customers by the end of Q3, with all of these customers to be completed in Q4.

Ulster Bank acknowledges the time it has taken to finalise these cases. In all situations where there is confusion due to terminology in documentation, we have erred on the side of the customer.

While we expect that remediation will be complete by the end of this year, the appeals process will be available to customers beyond that point and for 12 months following receipt of remediation.

As Central Bank soon before Finance Committee we all need to email Committee to highlight extent of unresolved customers and the contempt with which U B treats its customers.

Hi all I can confirm that there are some first active customers are in the announced numbers
What ones I don’t know as yet but will number around 50% if the number disclosed
I will know more later it has been a battle for sure but getting there Padraic

I have a friend who just asked me about his mortgage today, basically was a FA mortgage and switched from a tracker to a 10yr fixed in 2007. Obviously fixed was up last year and did not go back to tracker, he has rang the relevant unit and they say they have not come across his case, he said they say they cannot add him to the list to investigate as such and that they must just 'find' his case in their reviews.

Is this correct? He seems like a very standard case but to make it a little more complicated he is also UB staff so doesn't want to kick up too much of a fuss but naturally wants his tracker back!

No news here either I rang but no update wouldn’t confirm
If impacted or not ...I thought cb was making them confirm to customers if they were or not !

@Milo4444 that is just ridiculous, so much for sorting everything by the end of June.
I called on Friday and was told they were now investigating my account. So my fingers are crossed and prayers are being said by the dozen, that this week will end this horrible ordeal for us.

Called yesterday spoke to the female contact listed on my complaint letter. She asked for my DOB and address didn't want my mortgage or complaint number. Informed me that my account has not been looked at yet. That another 1.5 to2k accounts may be impacted and that these new cohorts won't be informed until September. Also its on going so there may well be more accounts found. The wait goes on.

Back