Favourite TV series

You are dead to me now... ;)

Well if you think that is bad, I am still known to check in with Jessica Fletcher in Murder She Wrote every now again. Always good to future stars starting out as well..

I also revisited 24 again recently and you do forget how ridiculous it was but it was good viewing.....

Well if you think that is bad, I am still known to check in with Jessica Fletcher in Murder She Wrote every now again. Always good to future stars starting out as well..

I also revisited 24 again recently and you do forget how ridiculous it was but it was good viewing.....
Bonus points if you have seen the one where Patrick McGoohan guests stars as a lawyer who accuses Jessica of the murders...

Bonus points if you have seen the one where Patrick McGoohan guests stars as a lawyer who accuses Jessica of the murders...

Had to google it but indeed I have. That was a great episode. Something about New England being full of homicidal maniacs or a quote like that. Came across a George Clooney episode there recently.

Don't feel you have to keep sharing :p

Had to google it but indeed I have. That was a great episode. Something about New England being full of homicidal maniacs or a quote like that. Came across a George Clooney episode there recently.
A bit like Midsummer Massacres.
If you ever book in to a hotel and find you are sharing it with Ms. Marple or Hercule Poirot you'd be well advised to get the hell out of there as there's about a one in four chance of you winding up dead.

If it hasn't already been mentioned here, a dramatisation of the opioid epidemic Dopesick on Disney plus makes for compulsive viewing.

The Crime of the Century was a documentary on the opioid epidemic and it would be better to watch first.

There are many parallels with the health debacle over the last two years of big pharma power, influence and infiltration yet here we are and people overwhelmingly still continue to trust the medical industry.

Maigret starring the formidable French character actor Bruno Cremer.

The criminal investigations are just vehicles for observations of human nature steeped in the milieu of post war France.
Not so much whodunnits as whydunnits and wheredunnits.

(If you can tolerate subtitles or can understand French)

There is 1 copy in the Dublin library system of the first set of episodes.

In case anybody is interested and was wondering why the "final season" of Ozark didn't seem to finish some of the story lines
Netflix have announced that the final season part 2 (7 episodes) will air on the 29th of April

Last edited:
In case anybody is interested and was wondering why the "final season" didn't seem to finish some of the story lines
Netflix have announced that the final season part 2 (7 episodes) will air on the 29th of April
Is that Goliath?
I see William Hurt passed away, was a fan of his acting... did he feature much in the series?

Is that Goliath?
I see William Hurt passed away, was a fan of his acting... did he feature much in the series?
Yeah saw that this morning, he was up there as one of my favourite actors
In Goliath IIRC he features in all the seasons mainly as a flash back character except season two where he was very much part of the story line

Last edited:
Interesting looking 'light' documentary series starting on Sunday on RTE2, Empires of New York.
A lot back at 1980s new york - wall street business deals, crime, arts and cultural nexus etc
Donald Trump pops up a lot, as does his buildings, but it paints a much broader canvas than that in its 6 episodes.

If you have access to PBS channel, renowned American TV historian Ken Burns has a new series starting this week about Benjamin Franklin.

BBC4 are airing the acclaimed 13-part drama series The Roads to Freedom - which is being shown on television for the first time since 1977 as part of the BBC's Centenary celebrations. Based on the novels by Jean-Paul Sartre and set in Nazi-occupied France.

I've watched the first few episodes...
Powerful stuff. Brilliant acting. Bit stagey indoors production so far but can forgive that... think it brings you closer to the actors even if you lose film realism.

And for a novel to screen adaptation the voiceovers / narrations are as well done as they can be. Am glad they left some internal monologue in.

If you recorded the series, I would skip the introduction from actor Colin Baker until you have watched the series as it spoils some of the scenes imo

Just signed up to Paramount the other day to see what's there and watch a few shows that aren't on the others
Really enjoying "1883" not sure how true to life it is but's got me hooked
I believe it's a prequel to "Yellowstone" which was/is another one that I really enjoyed when it was on RTE
So I'll be rewatching season 1&2 and looking forward to 3&4 over the next few weeks

For those of you familiar with Ted Bundy there's a very good documentary on Prime "Falling for a killer"
We've all seen films and documentaries about the man and his life but this was a little different as it was mainly from the prospective of his long-time girlfriend, her daughter and other victims and individuals involved in the case

Lincoln Lawyer:- Just binged on the two series (10 episodes @ 47 mins each). Cheesy, Fast, Colourful, loads sub plots but extremely entertaining.

Caught (non covid) bug that was going around so lot of time for TV viewing:

Wilderness on Amazon Prime - interesting thriller but would have worked better as a film I think than spread out over 6 episodes. One for fans
of Gone Girl.

Fall of the House of Usher on Netflix - one for the Halloween season. Despite the title, it actually takes inspiration from several gothic tales from Edgar Allan Poe, while re-inventing them for modern times. 8 episodes.
There are scenes of gore, but what is darker is the 'diabolical' motivations afoot.

Dracula was a BBC1 series, repeated on RTE2 recently. Adapted by Mark Gatiss of Sherlock. First episode was excellent, dark, great cast. Second episode I felt didn't work as a concept and third episode was a mess. Could nearly watch the first episode as a movie.

Battle of Britain - The Race for Radar
A random WW2 documentary on Amazon Prime for rainy Sunday afternoon viewing - so hard to find the content on Amazon Prime, they really need to improve their browsing features.
Sort of like a magazine article on screen, running time just under an hour, about the British development of radar and how close the Germans came to figuring out the defences.

And on Sky History digital channel, The Empire Builders is an old fashioned documentary series about different ancient empires with some interesting observations and actually shows the locations with a voice-over instead of putting some random talking head in the way. I've been to many of the sites from Greece, Italy and Turkey and that presentation really took me back there.

Also on Sky, The Unexplained presented by William Shatner, this episode with a general overview of Jack the Ripper story. My longtime pick from the suspects, Aaron Kosminski, was covered.

For Halloween itself I see these upcoming programmes I might check out:
Scary Tales of New York - tales of murder and mystery from New York. Drama documentary with Colm Meaney involved. Sky History Mon 30th.
Halloween night - Dracula Unearthed, documentary about Dracula on screen on Sky Arts.

I've seen a few of these episodes of Castle Ghosts (aka Historic Hauntings) presented by Robert Hardy. I might get around to the rest:

Last edited:
Back