Eir - impossible to contact

sadie

Eir are impossible to contact. You cannot get through on 1901. I was on Hold for 53 mins then the call got cut off.
The Email for domestic users is now disabled.
The Chat is rarely attended. My last attempt at the Chat, the person who responded just pasted a link from the online page into the answer box.
The Boards.ie forum has shut down.
If you have a Twitter account you can message Eircare but it takes 2 days for them to answer.
It has taken me 4 days to get a query on my Bill answered and it's still not resolved.
Short of going into the Eir shop there is no way to get to speak to anyone.
Surely there are Regulations about a Service Provider being available to customers. Even Sky isn't this bad.

The Eir Boards.ie forum is back.

It is outrageous how difficult is to contact Eir. Their call centre setup is a total disgrace.

One way to force contact is to lodge a complaint with Comreg.

Another way, is to block direct debits if Eir have made a billing mistake. They will be in contact.

Another way, is to phone regular Eir, non-call centre staff, in their HQ if you can figure out a direct contact which some people have.

This seems to be a problem with all these service providers.... Have had same problem with Tescomobile and Sky together this week. Took me 6 days to sort an issue with Tescomobile. Finally had to go to a Tesco store to get access to them. The instore guy had a direct line number and it was sprted in 2 minutes...

I logged a fault with My-Eir website a few minutes ago. The fault was logged without difficulty and delay. I have no reason to contact any person regarding the fault. The screen informed me "Fault Logged" and there were enough fields on the website to explain/amplify.

Contacting the like of Comreg to complain about something minor is like going to the high court to complain your local shop concerning the more sugar content of of male "jellybabies" sweets.

Comreg are particularly weak and uninterested in consumer complaints. They just provide a procedure that the operators are not fearful of or would have any sanction..,

Know of many ‘missing in action’ Comreg complaints - which operates via a Cork based outsource call centre itself ... with service level akin to that of Eir’s HCL

But - you should log the complaint with Comreg (even for statistical data!) ...

I logged a fault with My-Eir website a few minutes ago. The fault was logged without difficulty and delay. I have no reason to contact any person regarding the fault. The screen informed me "Fault Logged" and there were enough fields on the website to explain/amplify.

Its nice that you logged your fault. Let us know when your fault gets acted upon.

The person on Twitter replied and said they had 'opened a case' for me query about my bill, which they say will be resolved in 8 days. So I will wait to hear.

I defended Eir in a previous post on this thread. We had a fault on our telephone landline. It was a serious fault and took months to correct. The final month was nearly all of December, but the fault was fixed in early January 2019.

I can understand the frustration people have when ringing 1901 to contact Eir's Loyalty Team. I started at 8.30am today. By 10.30am having dialled 1901 and the subsequent sub section was greeted by canned music for hours. There was a recording that informed me I could be waiting 30 minutes for an operative. At one stage I was waiting two hours continuously with no voice update and just continuous canned music. This was replicated from 4.00pm to 6.00pm. Having worked in Eircom for years, I had a few "contact" numbers only to find that these have been discontinued.

I had my first typed online chat with an Eir representative from 5.56pm and the "communication" lasted for over an hour. The Eir person could not get a manager to contact me. This was quite an experience for me as a telecommunication company could not get a manager to communicate with me. Today I have wasted at least 5 hours that I will never get back. I am very disappointed with Eir.

I rang the 1890 26 02 60 number 2 weeks ago and got somebody on the line within a few minutes. They worked with me to solve a problem over the phone. It wasn’t resolved.

They sent out an agent within 3 days on my time schedule with a new eir box. They left it even though it turned out my TV was the problem.

I had a good experience and I could not fault them on this occasion.

Marion

I was directed to www.eir.ie/complaints where eir advertised a solution within 48 hours. I logged my complaint and immediately received an acknowledging email advising the complaint procedure could now take up to 5 days because of the amount of complaints on hand.

Here I am, having defended eir anytime I could now facing eircom who are going out of their way to prolong the complaint process

I totally agree with the lack of customer service in Eir. I was on hold yesterday for 50 minutes and eventually had to hang up. I posted on the Eir facebook page and a representative contacted me on Messenger. My query was regarding my account - they said that a discount I had for 12 months was being discontinued but my contract is due for renewal and I asked them to get someone from Sales to contact me. That was not possible and I was informed I needed to contact Customer Care directly. I tried unsuccessfully but have asked on their web page for a call back ................. we will wait and see.

I had a query re cancelled account for a deceased relative. I emailed complaints dept for assistance, pointing out that it was not a complaint. They got back to me within 24 hrs and matter was resolved very quickly thereafter. I found the assistance excellent.

Eir like many other large customer companies employ Call Centres for non technical/physical contact with customers. There is no problem in contacting Sales Departments. Companies make it as easy as possible for contact regarding sales. But, for anything else the sequence is long (I spent 90 minutes again yesterday waiting for the Loyalty Team of Eir listening to goddawful canned music too). I should point out that when contact was eventually made the Eir guy was very helpful. The whole process could be compared to Accident and Emergency in a busy hospital where you hung around on a trolley for hours and hours (or days) but when you eventually reach a bed in a ward you're on the road to recovery.

Having spoken with Mrs Lep last night, we have decided to cease the landline and Eir internet once our agreement term expires. After that we can rely on our mobilles (effectively, we do this already) and take internet services from the cheapest around even if it's Eir.

Last edited:
I signed up for eir in November 2017, what a mistake that was. They came to install my my broadband and tv the week before Christmas (friday) They turned up 6 hours late at 8pm and informed me I had only purchased basic broadband which was not the case.

I cancelled the service on the Monday or so I thought!! I got an email confirming cancellation but roll on in the January 2018. 8 phone calls (hours upon hours)...numerous emails and Twitter chats and my account still active despite being told by 6 different agents my contract and account was cancelled. Feb 2018 Eir start sending me a bill of €5 credit and did so for 12 months. Note I had no direct debit attached to the account and having been put through the mill with them I couk d not be bothered following up on this and anyway I was told my account was deactivated on 7 separate occasions.

Hello January 2019 and what's thus Eir now charging me €36 a month for Eir sport. Charging me for a service I don't use and the credit on my so called deactivated account is heading for a negative balance. I DM Eir via Twitter they inform me my account is still active and have no record of my cancellation.

Anyone thinking of going to Eir please don't. You'll end up in aess and they tell me I need to ring 1901 to follow up on this. They have my number and I am not wasting half of the day to trying cancel my account for at least the 9th time.

In short I joined Eir for 3 days in 2017. It's now 2019 and they are incapable of following through on cancellation.

The obvious solution here is for Eir not to use any Call Centres. Their 1901 Call Centre when you are trying to contact the Loyalty Team takes only 84 minutes for a reaction (having waited over 120 minutes the day before and go no reaction). But, you have the joy of listening to crap canned music while you wait. Your boss is twiddling his fingers while you do it during work time. In my case it's put my retirement on hold; at least I'm not costing an employer anything.

I understand it is not only Eir that is experiencing supplying goddawful service. Virgin etc give a crap service too. The common denominator is they all use Call Centres. Call Centres don't work, obviously. No offence to anybody working in one; I'm sure they can supply some stories too. I reckon Call Centres can be compared to the Catholic Church's only contraception suggestion, the Billings Method. And that didn't work either. Great pulpit talk but useless.

JMcD003 is right - don't pay and they'll contact you. My overriding experience is that I'll cease my landline at the end of all this. I've had enough and no more Call Centres.

Last edited:
My Eir bill has increased from 55 approx to 75 approx due to expiry of my mobile phone discount. Its also going to increase again this month to I think 100approx due to expiry of my broadband discount.

I went into a shop last week to enquire about getting another discount or renewing etc. Guy told me to call 1901. he said the wait is long but that eventually id be heard and have a discount applied.

after 30 mins or so today my call was answered but the guy had to put me through to another dept to have new discount/renewal discussed. I waited another 40 mins but nobody ever answered my call so I hung up.

I then tried to contact them through webmail, the guy was unable to help and couldn't really explain why or even escalate my query to a supervisor so I gave up on that.

Then I tried to email them but apparently their email is not working.

What a joke! Don't know what to do now re contacting them...back to shop I suppose. Its actually getting funny at this stage. fawlty towers type stuff.

I have a mobile internet contract that I wanted to cancel. Step 1 - webchat, no good. Step2 - call 1905. Obligatory 40 minute wait, operator advised she would cancel and email me confirmation. No email received, so step 3 - visit eir store. Assistant said there was a note on my account about an enquiry to cancel, but contract hadn't actually been cancelled. He said he couldn't cancel it in the shop, but I just needed to email [email protected] Step 4 - email sent. 30 minutes later, auto response "This email address is no longer valid for cancellations". Step 5 - relay entire Kafkaesque saga to an eir rep on boards.ie. She said she could do nothing, I had to phone 1905.......

Step 6 - email Carolan Lennon using address from relaying the story. 2 days later, I received a phone call from eir complaints. The guy phoning apologised, said the contract was now cancelled, and he would cancel the final month's charge (Eur 30) as compensation.

I will still believe it's cancelled only when I see no further direct debits being taken.

It shouldn't be like this - it is a shambles.

Paul

Last edited:
Back