Eir - impossible to contact

Discussion in 'Service Providers' started by sadie, 14 Dec 2018.

1. Feemar5

Feemar5 Frequent Poster

Eventually I got my contract sorted with Eir. It has taken since 31st January to sort out. Every day I tried to contract them -no web chat, asked for a call back from sales - no one called. Phoned 1901 and was left holding on 6 different days of between 35 and 50 minutes when eventually I just hung up. Today I visited the local EIR shop but they could do nothing - I then decided to stick with it and was on hold for 55 minutes when eventually I got to speak to a human. I would have cancelled but my husband likes Eir sport !! From talking to friends I understand other suppliers are just as bad.

1dave123 likes this.
  2. dublin67

dublin67 Frequent Poster

I wouldn't touch Eir. I use Virgin Media for my business broadband and landlines. A few times I've called up I've got through to someone in three minutes (yes a person). The modem was tested and other techie stuff. Problem resolved each time. Eir is a legacy of five(?) rounds of private equity buyouts where the all available cash was used to pay the last crowd who sold it.

3. Feemar5

Feemar5 Frequent Poster

Virgin not available in my neck of the woods so have little choice

4. CiaranT

CiaranT .

You can go with any of the many Eir resellers such as Pure Telecom and Vodafone.

5. Purple

Purple Frequent Poster

Many are appalling but Eir is in a class of its own when it comes to bad customer service. It's like they actually try to be that bad; it couldn't be an accident.