Circle K fuel discounts

That's what was on a previous paper voucher that I got a while back but it did combine with the fuel card discount when I used it. Anyway, I forgot about my additional discount and didn't use it before the September 30th deadline so I guess I won't be able to check until there's another similar offer... :D
 
I don't have the fuel card, just the app. I used my 5 cent off on the 30th and that is all I got, I was entitled to 3 cent off anyway.
 
Yes so did I and in the T&Cs it clearly states these offers can't be used in conjunction with the fuel card
Went to Circle K the other day to fill up Mrs C's car and to test if the APP discount can be used in conjunction with the FC discount
Filled the car and scanned the APP and paid with the fuel card, the receipt for 48.87Ltrs showed the .05C off €2.44
But when the invoice arrived yesterday CK only applied the .04C of the FC €1.95
So for me if the APP is offering a better deal then the FC I'll use my DC instead
 

5 cent off per litre at Circle K this December

You’ll save 5 cent per litre off the pump price on Diesel and Unleaded during December with your AXA Fuel Card.

For the month of December, AXA Fuel Card holders are entitled to 5 cents per litre off the pump price on Diesel & Unleaded at participating Circle K locations in the Republic of Ireland.

This offer applies to both new & existing AXA Fuel Card holders. For AXA customers who already own an AXA Fuel Card, you don’t need to do anything; the pricing will automatically be applied for the duration of the offer. All purchases are paid for by direct debit.
 
@ClubMan have you more than one fuel card, for Circle K ?

Wondering if I should have an AXA one, along with my existing one.
 
@ClubMan have you more than one fuel card, for Circle K ?
No, just the one via AXA. Got it years ago, I'm not currently a customer of AXA, but that didn't cause any problem when renewing it. 4c/L discount normally. And sometimes some additional perks. This is different from their loyalty app which used to work in tandem with the fuel card but stopped working for me a while ago when they relaunched the loyalty programme.
 
No, just the one via AXA.
I got an email this morning from this new thing called AXA Plus (?) which seems to be just an ad for Circle K. It was in the form of a competition for a €200 fuel-voucher from Circle K. Always the sucker I entered it and then noticed that Circle K are offering €0.04/litre off fuel prices with their fuel card. Anyway I signed up and must now wait 7-14 days for the card and PIN. My thinking is I can leave the card in the car glove-box with the PIN on a discreet sticker on the sun-visor, so where's the risk, as the card is also tied to my reg. no?

I pass loads of Circle K filling stations on my "Discover Ireland" trips with the HSE, and, while my observations would be that they are no way competitive with any of my local stations of late, who knows when I might run low far from home and that forgotten wallet/iiPhone with no other means of paying? Zero cost to me in any case just for having the card.
 
Last edited:
They asked for my policy number and reg-no on the application hence my erroneous extrapolation. Probably just data-gathering by AXA's sales &advertising departments
 
They asked for my policy number and reg-no on the application hence my erroneous extrapolation. Probably just data-gathering by AXA's sales &advertising departments
My car reg is on the card account and embossed on the card but the card isn't restricted to only being used for that reg.
 
I've been using the Circle K fuel card that came with my PTSB Explorer account which has the four cent discount
The cards just have mine and Mrs Cs name on so I'd presume this is an option for all customers if you don't want your reg on there
I've contacted customer service a couple of times and always found them very accommodating

With regards to fuel prices Circle K from what I remember were nearly always a few cent dearer than others but I'm not a big user of fuel
But I've driven all over the country in the last year and visited a good few stations to fill up and have noticed there very competitively priced now
and the odd time cheaper even before the discount is applied
with the PIN on a discreet sticker on the sun-visor
The pin that is sent with the card can be changed at most large Circle K stores so we changed it to our bank card pin so as we wouldn't ever forget
Might be a better option then the sticker on the sun visor :)
 
The cards just have mine and Mrs Cs name on so I'd presume this is an option for all customers if you don't want your reg on there
Why would you bother adding a name or removing a reg? It makes no difference. To use the service you just need the card and the PIN.
The pin that is sent with the card can be changed at most large Circle K stores so we changed it to our bank card pin so as we wouldn't ever forget
That's useful to know, thanks. I didn't know that there was a way to do that.
 
Why would you bother adding a name or removing a reg? It makes no difference. To use the service you just need the card and the PIN.
Agreed but I was more suggesting that you don't need to have your current reg on the card at all when opening an account
The card has the the account holder name and then after that it's either reg or name of the person who's using the card,
Neither of which matter to Circle K or offer any security as the account holder is responsible for all transactions
 
Back
Top