Circle K fuel discounts

odyssey06

Warning - there may be big queues. And with some Circle K's you need 20c just to be competitive!

Circle K Fuel Day today 15th December 1pm - 4pm, 20c off.

See terms and conditions and excluded stores

They'll also be a Bounce Back voucher over the christmas period

BOUNCE BACK VOUCHER – 5cents off per litre on your next visit.​

1. Offer valid from 16th December 2022 – 31st January 2023 only.

Great for those who can be there at that time, seems unfair to their regular customers who cannot be there today between 1 - 4 to avail of this discount.

They should offer whatever their best price is 24/7 rather than big reductions with a limited time slot, that many non frequent Circle K customers will avail of.

Great for those who can be there at that time, seems unfair to their regular customers who cannot be there today between 1 - 4 to avail of this discount.

They should offer whatever their best price is 24/7 rather than big reductions with a limited time slot, that many non frequent Circle K customers will avail of.

I'll probably be more likely to use the bounce back discount myself over the period it is running.

I understand why a new station should run a discount like this, but it seems strange for established ones. Giving out the future 5c off for people today would make more sense to encourage repeat business.

seems unfair to their regular customers who cannot be there today between 1 - 4
The goal of promotional discounts like this is to attract in new business and increase revenue. A promotion favouring regular customers would just cost them money for no long term gain.

As a regular, their fuel card offering 3c off per litre is available to business users and to private users through various loyalty schemes.

Where I am Circle K is consistently the most expensive outlet for petrol and diesel and that's with a 4c per litre discount through Axa !
Hard to beat today's offer mind !

Fuel prices vary wildly from forecourt to forecourt.
Circle K are often by far the cheapest where I am.
Your mileage may vary.
Literally and metaphorically.

New Cabra Road, D7 - €1.299/L for petrol.
Not sure if I also get my usual 4c off with the fuel card.
Traffic jams all around Dublin near Circle K forecourts.

First look at the Terms & Conditions of these Circle K Fuel Cards.

10. Lost or Stolen Cards

a. If a Card(s) is lost or stolen (including constructive theft as a result of any person in possession of a Card having ceased to be an Authorised User through termination of employment or otherwise) the Account Holder must immediately notify FCS online at www.circlek.ie, by e-mail to [email protected], fax to 091 482911 or registered post to Fuel Card Services Limited, Circle K Card Centre, Ground Floor, Unit 2, Galway Technology Park, Parkmore, Galway or at such address FCS may specify from time to time. No other means will be accepted as firm notification. Notification must be received prior to 12:00 hours in order to be accepted as firm notification on the day of receipt. Notification received after 12:00 hours will be deemed to have been accepted as notification on the following working day (Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays).

b. The Account Holder will remain liable to FCS for any supplies of Products arising from the use of such lost or stolen Cards by any person until 12pm on the following working day for National cards, after the day on which notification is received by FCS. For International Cards liability will cease at the end of the 3rd working day after receipt of firm notification. After such time, and provided that this Clause is complied with in full, the Account Holder shall have no further liability for purchases of Products resulting from the use of the Card other than for purchases by the Account Holder or any Authorised User. However, no such releases of liability will be given to the Account Holder if it can be established on the balance of probabilities that i) the Account Holder or the Authorised Signatory gave the relevant Card to an unauthorised person; ii) the loss of Card was due to the gross negligence of either the Account Holder or the Authorised User; or iii) the Account Holder or the Authorised User failed to adhere to a request made by FCS or its representative to destroy or return the Card to FCS; or iv) the Account Holder was in breach of any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement. The Account Holder remains liable for all Card transactions notwithstanding that a Card has been reported lost or stolen in the event that a reported Card is used with a PIN or if the Account Holder is in any way connected with an unauthorised use of such Card.

Doesn't that 10.b clause scare the pants off anyone ?

Just take the discount you get from a local Tesco or whoever and keep away from these clippers.

10. Lost or Stolen Cards

a. If a Card(s) is lost or stolen (including constructive theft as a result of any person in possession of a Card having ceased to be an Authorised User through termination of employment or otherwise) the Account Holder must immediately notify FCS online at www.circlek.ie, by e-mail to [email protected], fax to 091 482911 or registered post to Fuel Card Services Limited, Circle K Card Centre, Ground Floor, Unit 2, Galway Technology Park, Parkmore, Galway or at such address FCS may specify from time to time. No other means will be accepted as firm notification. Notification must be received prior to 12:00 hours in order to be accepted as firm notification on the day of receipt. Notification received after 12:00 hours will be deemed to have been accepted as notification on the following working day (Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays).

b. The Account Holder will remain liable to FCS for any supplies of Products arising from the use of such lost or stolen Cards by any person until 12pm on the following working day for National cards, after the day on which notification is received by FCS. For International Cards liability will cease at the end of the 3rd working day after receipt of firm notification. After such time, and provided that this Clause is complied with in full, the Account Holder shall have no further liability for purchases of Products resulting from the use of the Card other than for purchases by the Account Holder or any Authorised User. However, no such releases of liability will be given to the Account Holder if it can be established on the balance of probabilities that i) the Account Holder or the Authorised Signatory gave the relevant Card to an unauthorised person; ii) the loss of Card was due to the gross negligence of either the Account Holder or the Authorised User; or iii) the Account Holder or the Authorised User failed to adhere to a request made by FCS or its representative to destroy or return the Card to FCS; or iv) the Account Holder was in breach of any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement. The Account Holder remains liable for all Card transactions notwithstanding that a Card has been reported lost or stolen in the event that a reported Card is used with a PIN or if the Account Holder is in any way connected with an unauthorised use of such Card.

Just take the discount you get from a local Tesco or whoever and keep away from these clippers.
I lost my card recently. When I finally found a number that worked, I got through to a lovely person who put a lock on card, and then ordered a new card for me. The card arrived first and then the PIN a few days later. I also enquired could I change from PTSB to N26 and still keep the 4c discount. She said Yes, they don't really care about that, even if the original card was linked to PTSB. She sent a form for me to fill and first payment came out today from N26.

It’s probably just to be on the safe side for the provider. Once they are notified they should have a system to block in real time.

I have use the parkingtag.ie app for on-street parking in Dublin City Council areas. No messing with change and parking meters and tickets on the dash. I just set location and time in the app and the price is the same as the meter.

It’s €0.99 a month as a standing charge but it gives a 4c a litre discount at Circle K so it more than pays for itself at my modest usage levels.

For a lot of people there will be much bigger savings at Circle K on fuel than the €0.99 monthly charge even if they never use it for in-street parking.

For a lot of people there will be much bigger savings at Circle K on fuel than the €0.99 monthly charge even if they never use it for in-street parking.

If I spend €20 a week on juice then I save 4c x (2000/168.9) = 47c a week or €2.05 a month.

To me I'd rather be without the worry of losing the card and someone spending up to the limit while I discovered the loss and called CK - all the while knowing I alone would have to pay the final bill.

168.9c is Tesco's price for unleaded here. The nearby Circle K has no choice but to match it. Other Circle K stations nearer my house are 171.9c, 172.9c and 173.9c with about 200 metres between them leaving the city . . . or leaving Tesco depending on how you look at it.

10. Lost or Stolen Cards

It shouldn't be an issue as the cards have a pin. Unless you are storing both together.

To me I'd rather be without the worry of losing the card and someone spending up to the limit while I discovered the loss and called CK - all the while knowing I alone would have to pay the final bill.
There’s no card to lose with parkingtag.ie. There’s a QR code within an app on your phone. Scan at checkout for the discount.

It’s not a huge saving for you or me but plenty of people use 150 litres a month and at that consumption the saving of 4c per litre is material.

Do you not think you're overthinking this a little, there's a four digit pin needed to make a transaction and can only be used in one place which have usually tons of CCTV observing every customers movements while in the petrol station

I've never lost or have a wallet stolen but if it did happen I'd be more worried about the damage a bank card could do with "Tapping" than my Circle K card especially if the bank card is from the likes of N26 or Revolut, which is why I don't have either given the stories we hear from time to time about their customer service

Can use it at 420 Circle K stations.

Why can't you tap €30 at a time with the Circle K card? Over and over again?

Can use it at 420 Circle K stations.

Why can't you tap €30 at a time with the Circle K card? Over and over again?
Yeah you can use it at any of the Circle K stations
But you can't "Tap" as there's no "contactless" payment option, it's a pin only transaction and afaik it's only for fuel purchases or at least mine is

Back