Bought a new house in Beaupark - Some Questions

Re: Beaupark

Not too sure. They are the ones facing the row of houses in Grange Abbey.

Hi everone,
Pam just a query for you. We have bought in eauparc Avenue as well but we ar told our house will be ready in April/May. Its type I.

Hi All,

For those that are living there now, where you satisfied with quality of kitchen cupboards, built in wardrobes (what colour are these) and fireplace etc.? Thanks for the input.

Hi Debbie,

Yes I'm a type I on Beaupark avenue, was up looking at the over the weekend and only the downstairs outside walls are there at the moment. We were told sept and haven't heard anything since. Which side of the road our you? I'm the even numbers side.

Pam

Killester, have you purchased in Beaupark? If you are thinking of buying in the 2nd phase I suggest you buy a Killoe Home. Far superior finish! All walls and ceilings are fully skimmed whereas Mennoly Homes are only tacked & tapped, which makes all the difference in a new home. It took me two weeks solid to have all the walls prepared for painting. I bought a Menolly home as an early investment as Drumloe, who are a sister company of Killoe, will be building on the other side of the retail park. So, if you can hold out, you should wait until then..
Other than that all homes are kitted out much of the same. Kitchens are of 3 colours, all with high gloss panels, stainless steel slimline handles and the frosted glass cabinets, very nice!
Gas fireplace supplied by C&R 162 Capel st,
(01) 8731728. All are marble and are wall mounted, come in 3 colours, if and when you buy, call them, give your house type and they will tell you which colour your home gets. If you dont like the colour they might allow you to change...
Bedrooms are made by Cawleys, Unit 57-59 Cherry Orchard Ind Est, Dublin, 10
(01) 6268182. Same craic as above..
Also, just before your home is ready, in go the painters with the white gloss painting out any crack you might point out as a snag so if you catch them in time ask them to leave all wood bare for you to varnish..
Best thing about most homes in Beaupark is that the landing areas allow for stairs when converting the attic. You can convert the attics into (approx) a 28sq/mtr room. Also, the downstairs toilet, which is not under the stairs, as it is designed for wheelchair access, can be converted into an computer room/office etc..
Now that the site is open, you should have a look around as to which part you would most like to live, then check out the plans which are in Donaghmede library to see whats going where.. There is no point in paying 10K extra for a south facing house if its behind a future retail park or your living room is open to all in the five storey apartments...
Hope this helps... Good Luck!!
Graham [email protected]

Is there much space around the type K. I am still worried about parking. My type K is on a corner so the closest parking is not outside my house. Will there be enough space to squeeze a car beside the house?

Also Graham, have you tried to change anything as Sherry Fitz were very specific about 'no changes'?

Theres ample parking beside you house. We are in Type K on a corner and we have a driveway at the side of our house. They all have a driveway for parking in, so don't worry your car will be off the road and not parked on the road. You should go down to the site at the weekend and have a look, you'll see for yourself.

Thanks for the feedback Graham. I have already purchased a home on the square in Beaupark- its a type E 3 Storey and built by Menolly. Any feedback on this type?

Regarding the downstairs toilet in our home the layout of this has changed twice. Firstly, it was under the stairs then it was moved to other side of downtairs floor taking chunk out of the kitchen - which we werent happy about!!. Then after we signed we got another amended floor plan from Sherry fitz and the toilet had been moved back to the original plan- under the stairs! Have you heard any reasoning for this?
Thanks alot!

Hi Pam

I am on the odd numbers side. The back garden is facing the Creche! We went at weekend too and I really cant see them being ready for May but a girl we talked to on the Row said the builders are up to date and seem to stand by whatever dates they give. Thanks. Its a brilliant way to find out stuff as you cant get much out of Sherry Fitz!

Debbie

They are changing things around by the day Killester. Might have something to do with the ventilation/sewerage systems being offset as type E3 homes are curved as are type GC. E3 are not built yet. Was measuring up in E1 yesterday which have similar dimensions to your E3. Nice family room on the first floor!
Make sure you check when snagging your plumbing outlets for your dish/washing machines. Outlets in some homes are directly behind appliances and if you have intergrated appliances, your doors when fitted will be out by min 40mm and wont be flush with rest of kitchen the panels..
Also in Menolly homes, some rads are piped from the floor instead of the wall, some being 80mm too high so ask for them to be dropped to your specified height, again before you close.
Never ask Sherry Fitz about changes as they have no control over what goes on, on site. Your best bet on slight changes such as leaving walls bare for your own tiles, wood bare for varnishing etc.. is to have a chat with the finishing foreman about 8weeks before closing. Any other ???'s you can email me [email protected]

Regards
Graham

Thanks Graham for your input its much appreciated. Its great to get some sort of insight as to whats happening. The E1 you were in yesterday was the downstairs toilet under/behind stairs or was it same side as kitchen? Its just we have concerns as to the size our kitchen will be! It will be even smaller than we anticipate if the toilet is taking a piece out of it! Did the bedrooms/living room look a good enough size to you? Thanks again for the detail.

Back