Bought a new house in Beaupark - Some Questions

Re: RE:

I have subscribed to their television service as well, Its very limited at the moment, you can't add movies or sports packages for the time being but they promise its on the way. There has been some problems with channels going down every now and again but its not too bad. I got mine connected on the day I rang so you can't do much better than that. I don't need broadband in the house but there service is the best in Ireland at the moment in terms of bandwidth. Generally they are very keen to look after the customer and ring you back when they say they do. I'd recommend them

Yes, As being one of the new starter Magnet customer service is prompt. I'm using all 3 services and they are nearly fine. TV channels sometimes go on or off and C4 just started. Hope there will be more service improvments and not the degradation in quality/speed as more connections open.

Yes, noticed that a few channels come and go on it. But generally fine. Picure qualith is excellent. Tried to watch movie last night on TV3, and it kept freezing. Rang therm and they said that there was a problem with the network in the area and that someone was on their way to fix it. An hour later...still no TV....So hopefully these are only teething problems!..

Hey does anyone know what the crack is with the bin collections in Beaupark. Was left a bin last week but no information as to when the bin collections are or anything like that!....Seeing that we are paying the management fee..Our bin collections are included in the fee????

Got details from the property manager that bin collection will be on every Wed untill further notice and green bins are on the way soon.

Any comments on Magnet service, for me every thing was down for almost 2 days, that's a risk of having all the services from one supplier. Hope they won't be that bad later.

Thanks for the feedback on Magnet Guys! I called up ntl and they said there digital TV service won't be ready in Beaupark till the earliest May. Damn Im gonna miss my Sky Sports.

I'd say the issues with the magnet service are just teething problems - I had the same problem with ntl Digital when it was just starting out in my old area. The service would go fully or partly down from time to time. It took about 6 months before it was stable. Its a bummer but Magnet should refund you for when the service was down.

Howdy

Could anybody tell me how thorough the builders in Beaupark are when doing yer snaglist? I am supposed to do my final inspection tomorrow after handing in a six page list about 2 weeks ago, should I be expecting all the jobs on that list done. Or should I be expecting to be handing in another list?

A buddy of mine recently bought a place in drynam hall which was built by Menolly as well. They told me it took about 4 snaglists before they fixed everything, and that they are still waiting on a replacement kitchen cabinet door 10-12 weeks after moving in.

We had ours done over Christmas and we went back to check it and all things were done bar a few small bits. We got a guy from the site to go through the snag with us when we rechecked it and he got everything fixed that wasn't the following morning and all was hunky dory!. Got the keys the next day. All the houses seem to be very well finished and as they are building so many homes they have to make sure there is not much snagging on them as they would spnd forever fixing snags, hence the rest of the building work would be delayed and they seem to be on a very tight schedule as there are 3 building companies working on the site at the one time.

Does anyone know whats going to be built just as you turn off for Grange Lodge Avenue. Can't figure out whats behind the hording!. It as you turn right past that lovely display of "flowers and tile samples with a door in the middle". haven't got a clue what that is.

Yeah, I've noticed that as well. Some kind of display unit etc. for apartments?

Ta for the info!
Did the inspection there this morning and you sound spot on with the snagging theory ABYR. I must say I was very impressed! 95% of the snaglist was completed. The guy from the site told us to write down the rest and he'll have sorted by Saturday - so should get out keys Monday! Sweet.

Anyone any feedback on the 3 storey houses (Type E) on the square and when they will be ready? Also, do you know if all the three bedhomes have same kitchen/tiling or does it go by type? Cheers for the feedback.

Ah you are around the corner from us. We are on Beaupark Row.

Beaupark

Does anyone know if all the Type K houses are painted green and is there anything in the management contract about changin the colour of the house.

Thanks

Re: Beaupark

We are in a type K house and ours is painted green. Nothing in contract to say you can't change the colour yourself. But i think the estate was designed very much with the colours very carefully thought out for each road. There is however a type K across the road from us and thats painted blue and i have seen one further down the estate painted in a pale wine colour. But i'd say theres nothing stopping you changing the colour yourself!....EXPENSIVE and a lot of work to do it yourself!...As long as its not a mad colour that will run the flow of colours on your road. When is your house ready?

Should be ready in June or July. Are you sure the house accross from you is a different colour. I presume you are in 17 or 18. Mine is opposite those but I can't get to see it.

Yes its definitely Blue. I went for a walk around the site yesterday evening and most of the Type K (Killoe) over the far side near ESB station and train tracks are all painted green. I think this is due to the fact the Killoe Developments are building those homes and Menolly homes built the ones nearer the entrance where we are. The site is split between the 2 developers. Type K are designed slightly differently on Menolly and Killoe sites. Menolly have kitchen windows at the side and Killoe have their kitchen windows facing the back garden. Also if you look in the brochure you'll see the slight difference in the bathroom layouts etc of Menolly type K and Killoe Type K.

Mine is a Killoe, so I presume then that I will be living in a 'Green House'

Ah well, sure the colour is not that bad. I like the ones painted cream on the road facing Grange Abbey estate. We may in the future paint ours cream, but green is grand. No complaints about it at all.!

Back