Bought a new house in Beaupark - Some Questions

beaupark

In answer to your question pamCL. Depending on the house type. I know in our which is one of the 4 beds, we have an integreated press for the fridge freezer, which you don't need to buy and integrated fridge/freezer for. Just buy a normal half and half and its sits in the press very neatly.
About the cooker. There is the gap under the worktop for a singe oven to slot in and and the worktop is cut our for the hob to slot in. But if you wanted a slot in cooker, all you have to do is take out the case for the cooker and cut the worktop. No bother!.
Regarding the washing machine etc, we have a slot for the washing machine and also one for a dishwasher. But as i said depending on the size of your kitchen, our kitchen is quite large. Did you get to look in your kitchen window or anything.?

Re: beaupark

I'm a house type I, so the kitchen is at the back of the house behind the hall so couldn't see it at all, am guessing it will be small enough though.
Will just have to wait and see I suppose!
Thanks for the help, much apprectiated!

Why don't you ring up the site office 8487030 and ask them, they'll know exactly what provisions you'll have in your kitchen.

Re: Proposed cinema and other communal places

I was searching on planning permission site and found application "5945/04" for the Beaupark. I found some of the requests (very) strange, for example replacing cinema and retail unit with lots of 1,2 & 3 bedroom apartments. Is this normal? I thought, might be useful to share this information with you guys, specially with the new residents of Beaupark.

Which website did you see this on. I'd love to have a read of that.

Go to the link [broken link removed] and then Planning -> Search For Planning Application. Type in application number and do search. In result you can see the details of the application.

Guys

If I was you I'd keep a regular eye on the planning applications on this site. There was massive opposition to the development from local residents mainly due to the density of the development and the lack of infrastructure in the area, which can just about cope with the density at the moment. ( I lived in the area all my life & my parents still do)

Its the opinion of most local residents that a lot of the facilities that Gannon Homes promised were only an attempt to appease the locals and to finally get planning permission. It was also expected that changes would be sought as soon as the fuss had died down.

Well they cannot change the planning of the area too much as per their agreement with Fingal County Council and the North Fringe Regeneration Project.
There are strict guidelines laid out by An Bord Pleanala and the Council to the developers regarding the area. This is a 10 Year project and although all the "faciilities" that you mention that were promised, may not happed until year 10. I think that most people would expect this not to all happen overnight and that it would take a while for the whole area to provide the desired results to the local residents. I'm just speaking as a resident Beaupark.

Hi ABYR,

Not to question your understanding, but I'm still wondering if this is the case then why these applications are filed by the builders in first place. You can see around 10 of similar type in past 3-4 months.

Cheers
Fakeera

Hi Fakkera
I know what you mean and you are right there are loads of planning applications, but as you can see these are for the North part of the development. This is the area to the left hand side of the area of the development. You know if you drive past the entranceto the development continuing up Hole in the Wall road towards Balgriffin, well its the area on the right, that they have not started to build on yet.

Well they cannot change the planning of the area too much as per their agreement with Fingal County Council and the North Fringe Regeneration Project.
There are strict guidelines laid out by An Bord Pleanala and the Council to the developers regarding the area. This is a 10 Year project and although all the "faciilities" that you mention that were promised, may not happed until year 10. I think that most people would expect this not to all happen overnight and that it would take a while for the whole area to provide the desired results to the local residents. I'm just speaking as a resident Beaupark.

All I’m saying is keep an eye on the planning permission submissions. Its common practice for developers to change the original plans. It’s happened in the estate where I live. Don’t be surprised if you see an application to change the original plan for a xx bedroom hotel/day hospital etc to xx apartments or whatever. Lets face it, once your in your house the chances are you won’t be checking the planning permission applications.

No-one expects the facilities to be up and running immediately. Most of the local residents concerns were in connection with the extra traffic, increased demand for local schools and the increased demand for an already inadequate public transport system. Have you tried a rush hour trip on the DART yet? There are plenty of shops etc in the locality…

Best of luck in your new home

Hi ABYR,

It's right that these applications are on the north side of the road. However I'm little worried because local shops, cinema, train station, crèche, restaurants etc planned and extensively sold in the marketing campaign were the one of the few reasons I bought in this area (Capital North). If builders are going to replace all/most of the common areas with more apts and houses then this is a worrisome situation for the overall and possibly for Beaupark residents also.

However checked none of the applications have reached any decision yet. I would be interested in clarifying it with the concerned authorities, which in this case would be Planning department, am I right?

Thanks
Fakeera

another neighbour

Howdy neighbours,

I've moved into the row about 3 weeks ago. Everythings good so far except the builders could keep things a little tidyer around the area. Anyways keep us posted on anything new

Re: another neighbour

Sure will. We are on the Row as well. You are right about keeping things cleaner. Hopefully it won't be for much longer. We will need to get the side of our house repainted (which they said they would do) when the building behind and across from us is finally completed!.

Was talking to a few on site this morning in relation to future developments. One of the arcitects claims that there will probably be some changes over the coming years but the retail park will be going ahead, as will a new office block near the train station. The idea is to generate work for people living in the area. Also, its said, as soon as there are 1000 residents they must start work on the train station...
The field left of the security hut is going to be a chinese type garden with bridges and a lake..(maybe) ..until then we'll have to do with the large scenic puddle on the way in!!
The council are in almost every day keeping an eye on things so hopefully all goes well and we get what was proposed..
The roads around the Row and Place are to be laid as soon as Pierse finishes their Duplexes (approx June).

RE:

What is your management fee??

Does it include your house insurance??

Re: RE:

Management fee for houses is E600 and does not include home insurance. Apartments fee is up to E1400 and includes insurance

Howdy

Just bought a 3 bed terraced on Grange Lodge Avenue Beaupark. The house is supposed to be finished and the (sizable) snag is with the builder. I was just wondering about this Magnet Networks three in one TV/Phone/Broadband service that the houses are supposed to be pre-wired for. Has anybody who has already moved in subscribed to this service yet? If so Is it any good? - would it be better to bring down my current NTL digital/eircom accounts or close them and go with this Magnet Crowd?

Cheers
DotsC

We've moed into Beaupark Row a few weeks ago, We have gone with magnet for our TV. haven't yet availed of the PC and Phone connections as yet. We rang them on a friday a couple of weeks ago and they came out on the following Monday evening. Very good service. Digital TV....20 Channels for 18 euro a month. 6 euro extra a month for an extra box for tv upstairs. Connection fee was 99 euro. Cheaper than NTL and as far as i know you'd be waiting on NTL to connect you a while as they would have to put the line into the estate, and they won't do that unless they get the demand for it. Very simple connection as well. No drilling holes for wires to go through as every room has a point on the wall where they just plug a small box the size of the palm of your hand into. Have a look at their website www.magnet.ie

Back