Avant/Bankinter launch deposit product in Irish market

The offer ends on 14 July. And not clear if it applies to rolls as well as new customers or not.
 
Does anyone know how strict they are on the 6 months for the bank statement and if it needs to show the funds to be transferred?

I have a statement from the 27th of January so just within this but the funds I want to deposit will only be in my account as of tomorrow so it won't show on that statement.
 
Does anyone know how strict they are on the 6 months for the bank statement and if it needs to show the funds to be transferred?
Below is from Bankinter..............................

What ID documents do I need to open a deposit account?​


To open a Fixed Term Deposit account, you will need:
One form of photo ID (an in-date passport or driving licence showing you are over 18 years of age)
A copy of your current account statement, showing your address (dated within the last 3 months).

Useful Tips:

  • The name on your photo I.D. must match the name on your current account statement.
  • Make sure all four corners of your I.D. image are showing.
  • Ensure your ID is valid and in date.
  • Names and addresses must match on all your documents.


Please note it has to be within 3 months, but I don't believe it has to show sufficient funds to open the account?
 
it states in the notes on the thread for best lump sum account "Access up to 25% of your funds during the term (after the initial 8 weeks); currently limited to one term deposit per person.". I didnt realise The deposit was a single one and I couldnt top it up. Can I just open a new account and avail of the same rate with a larger sum deposited?
 
A few months ago, BankInter told me one could only have one term deposit open. Not sure if things have changed since then.
 
The 6 month term deposit rate quoted in the Independent.ie article is wrong :rolleyes: The correct rate is 2.72% AER.

Meanwhile, RTE reports here "it also now offers current accounts to customers in Ireland" :rolleyes: - eh, no. The current account offering is not live yet.

The Business Post says that current accounts will be launched in 2026. Bankinter offers a promo of 5%, with a cap, linked to their current account product in other countries. I wonder if they will replicate that promo here.
 
Mt 6 month account matured this week. I’d like to reinvest, but also add in some additional funds. I can’t find how to do this on the app. Anyone know if it’s possible?
 
You can't add funds.

But you can reinvest and open a second account with the new funds (apparently now allowed)

Or withdraw all the money and open a new account with the total sum.

BankInter does not seem to have great technology.
 
In the interim, the BankInter head says they will launch a "pretty cool" Saver account. (I wonder if that will be something similar to their Spanish "Digital" account )
I really like the sound of 2.5% interest, money available on demand and a fee-free debit card. In reality, there is little need for a current account with fees and transaction charges if you had an account like this for your money (including salary/pension etc) and a Revolut account for all the small stuff, utility direct debits etc. The only remaining transaction on my AIB C/A is the monthly payment to my AIB CC. Only other legitimate reason I could see is for Mortgage repayment or the like.

They will also need to up their CS and IT games pretty significantly before going near anything involving large transaction volumes.
 
In the interim, the BankInter head says they will launch a "pretty cool" Saver account. (I wonder if that will be something similar to their Spanish "Digital" account )
Wow! If they credibly launched that product here, the Irish banks could be seriously drained! Divert my pensions into their saving account and get 5% interest for a year, free debit card (free CC?), no charges? Not only should I change, I would be seriously financially remiss if I didn't change.
 
If you have unlimited time and endless patience with a cumbersome malfunctioning app, then consider opening a deposit account with BankInter, I am sorry I did not see the BankInter App woes topic before starting to set up an account with them. There is no way that a fraction of a per cent higher rate than their local competition can compensate for the hours (and I mean hours) lost dealing with this institution. Depositor beware.
 
For anyone else currently encountering non-performance from the BankInter app, after 4 calls to their 0818 number, one of their agents admitted that their app has been experiencing "technical difficulties" since last weekend. Once again this morning the only response when attempting to log in, using an Android 12 phone is "please wait while we process your request" accompanied by an endless loop. Given the almost total dependence on the app for any form of transaction, it seems a lot wiser to deposit funds, even at slightly lower rates, with institutions where you can depend on being able to withdraw when you need to.
 
Back
Top