Avant/Bankinter launch deposit product in Irish market

Avant/Bankinter have descibed the 6 month term deposit offer as a "welcome deposit" to the Businss Post.

That strongly suggests that Avant/Bankinter will have one rate for new customers and another rate for existing customers after the term deposit matures.

Bankinter Portugal have a "welcome deposit" term deposit product that pays 2.25% for new customers and 0.50% for existing customers who roll their term deposit :rolleyes:. They might do something similar here.

If you avail of this offer, it would seem likely that you will need to move the money again after 6 months if you want to avail of a good rate.
 
I was unable to complete the sign-up process. The problem is that that I am clean-shaven on my driving licence photo but am sporting a light (!) beard now. The app is sending me in circles to re-photograph myself and then the driving licence again and round and round we go. :rolleyes: Will phone their support Tuesday to see if there is a way around it.
 
Is it an instant access account?
Obviously not?
Invite received after registering my interest a while back
2.6% AER for 6 months
2.3% AER for 12 months
Avant/Bankinter have descibed the 6 month term deposit offer as a "welcome deposit" to the Businss Post.
The Avant/Bankinter offer is not ground breaking indeed. But it is a market-leading rate for a 6 month term.
Avant/Bankinter don't feature in @Lightning's excellent deposits best buys lists presumably because they still haven't launched generally whatever about limited special invitations...
 
Invite received after registering my interest a while back

I registered my interest at a very early stage but I am yet to get any invite.

Avant/Bankinter don't feature in @Lightning's excellent deposits best buys lists presumably because they still haven't launched generally whatever about limited special invitations...

Yeah, waiting until the Avant offering is widely available before adding it.

Meanwhile, the Irish Independent report today that Avant will publicly launch their deposit product "over the coming weeks". I guess that means the public launch is delayed until early in the new year.
 
I registered my interest at a very early stage but I am yet to get any invite.
Maybe I am a VIP :D

My invite says "This early access offer is limited to a maximum of 1,500 applications and will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis."

So no guarantees I could even open an account if I am not quick enough. Not a fan of this kind of scarcity/exclusive marketing. Soft launch is completely fine but they have already done that with the existing customer initial offer. It's like they don't want much business, or else are going for some kind of "inner circle" exclusive vibe. They would want to be offering much better rates for me to jump through hoops
 
It asks you to transfer your money from a Current account to the new Avant account..
I was hoping to transfer from an existing Savings account to the Avant. Has anyone successfully done that? It does allow you to 'save and exit application' while you arrange that at least.
 
BankInter/Avant website now says the below here:

We are offering Ireland's best fixed term deposit rates. You can earn 2.62% AER fixed interest 1 for a 6-month term on your funds, by switching your savings to our new Deposit Plus Fixed Term Deposit Account.

This early access offer is limited to a maximum of 1,500 applications and will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Applications that are submitted on or before the 31st of January 2026 and are within the 1,500 max applicants are guaranteed to receive the rate listed above.
 
Last edited:
You are therefore on the wait list. You have to wait until contacted. Seems like the wait list will be removed soon.
 
Anyone stuck on the accept button, can't get any further after tapping to use passport, tap accept circle but nothing happens?
 
Anyone stuck on the accept button, can't get any further after tapping to use passport, tap accept circle but nothing happens?
I had an invite (have the credit card) but it's not letting me proceed even as far as you did
 
I have received an invite. But when I go to register on their website it says:

"Sorry, we cannot verify your email. Access to this product is currently limited. If you are interested in a Fixed Term Deposit Product, send us an email and we will notify you when we are welcoming all customers."

This waitlist process is a mess.
 
Back
Top