Avant/Bankinter launch deposit product in Irish market

Maybe they reached the 1500 limit?
Needless hassle and messing imo - they obviously don't want the business that much
 
I applied this evening and it now being reviewed by the team. I downloaded the app as instructed, but it will not open up on my phone, and I can’t get it on my iPad as it says it’s not compatible with the device. Anyone else had this issue?
 
It took another 12 + hours before I could fully open the app, has all my details now but I cannot see or find the full IBAN number to transfer the money to, only showing the last 4 digits, tried settings, documents etc but to no avail.
 
I have uninstalled the app and will try again later. I’m on android 14 and ios15, so they both should work.
 
It took another 12 + hours before I could fully open the app, has all my details now but I cannot see or find the full IBAN number to transfer the money to, only showing the last 4 digits, tried settings, documents etc but to no avail.
What I read implied to me that they would take the direct debit from another bank account you give them as part of the sign up process.

FAQ
How do I put money into my Personal Fixed Term Deposit Account?
Your deposit will be collected by a one off direct debit from your current account information provided in the application process.
 
Is it possible to make a second lodgement after the initial draft?
 
Last edited:
"Avant Money, the Irish arm of Spain’s Bankinter, plans to pilot a current account offering later this year following the full market launch of its Deposit Plus savings product this month."

Avant originally said November, then December, then early 2026 and now February 2026. Something has delayed the launch.

Good to see a second commitment from Avant to a current account offering but sounds like another protracted soft launch process for current accounts too.
 
Ive just set up an account with bankinter (last night) and they will do a dd in 2 days. My bank have a limit on withdrawal amounts.

Ive asked bankinter can i do two payments. Awaiting response

Anyone experience similar?
 
Ive just set up an account with bankinter (last night) and they will do a dd in 2 days. My bank have a limit on withdrawal amounts.

Ive asked bankinter can i do two payments. Awaiting response
I would be surprised if your bank limits the DD from another bank. I know for example that when I set up a deposit account with BOI, BOI were able to take a sum by once-off DD from my AIB account that is well above normal AIB daily limits.
 
Thanks for your reply.
I asked ptsb support this morning. They said id have to fill in a form, and bring I.D. to bank.
Im at work so wont be able to do that.

Im hoping bankinter allow multiple transactions - im awaiting them to come back rang them earliar.
 
Ptsb are v concerned that taking it DD?

I dropped into the bank and I ended up talking to at least 3 managers from different braches. None of them heard of a bank taking a dd.

The girl in office had me terrified about fraud etc.

Bankinter told me dd is the only way they tske deposits.
 
Last edited:
Clubman i dropped into ptsb, showed ptsb my letter that outlines its done dd. I sat there listening mgrs from other ptsb braches on call -all them say its not normal practice.

The girl in the branch was talking fraud.

I was totally freaked out ive moved my savings in fear something will happen.


I rang bankinter. They said they do dd with all banks inluding ptsb. Tried to reassure me. How can i take the word of a person on a call to a bank i signed up to last night vs ptsb my msin bank...?
 
None of them heard of a bank taking a dd.

It is a really unusual and strange method to fund deposit accounts used by BankInter.

I have never seen deposit accounts been funded this way either. The normal and standard method is banking transfers. Not DD.

I wonder why BankInter are doing it this way, I guess there is IT constraints on their side until they have current account product in place. Perhaps.

The girl in the branch was talking fraud.

I was totally freaked out ive moved my savings in fear something will happen.

It is not fraud. Your savings should be fine.
 
Back
Top