AIB Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

Post came . No cheque again . What a joke

I am not in a position to check my post until this evening, but I am not optimistic given your post.

For what it is worth, I would give the "helpline" a call and demand to speak to someone responsible for this, or at least someone over those unlucky enough to have to field these calls. It is just an awful way to treat people.

The "helpline" is no use to those still waiting on cheques. Got sick of waiting myself so rang them for the first time today.
AIB in their wisdom have set it up so there is a disconnect between the helpline and the team actually handling the refunds.
The helpline staff dont have visibility to see any of the documentation and can only rely on the word that comes back from the other team, which will be "the cheque has been issued and posted on x date".
If anyone is ringing just ensure a complaint is logged, probably no harm to Express your dissatisfaction to CBI also.

I’ve just spoken to helpline . At first he said all posted last week but he then went off to check as he could find no record on system . He then said that there are still some accounts not yet processed as re checking calculations and we should get letter and cheque in next few days

I’ve just spoken to helpline . At first he said all posted last week but he then went off to check as he could find no record on system . He then said that there are still some accounts not yet processed as re checking calculations and we should get letter and cheque in next few days
So in your own instance it has not been posted yet. Disgraceful carry on . You get a different lie every time you call

Just off the phone with AIB now - I was told the last of the cheques should be posted by Wednesday this week, that they are finalising figures...

I have now been advised that my cheque has not been sent . That errors have been made in respect of the information previously provided to me . That they cheque should be posted by the end of the week . I have made a formal complaint. Not that anything will come from it .

No cheque again today.

I can't figure out whether it's incompetence or malevolence at this stage.

Fot
No cheque again today.

i am not sure if your own circumstances but I have a split mortgage and was advised that each letter is being handled individually whereas the others were run in a bulk manner. That’s today’s excuse anyway might get a new one tomorrow

Fot

i am not sure if your own circumstances but I have a split mortgage and was advised that each letter is being handled individually whereas the others were run in a bulk manner. That’s today’s excuse anyway might get a new one tomorrow
I don’t have a spilt mortgage and never missed a payment, through great sacrifices, so I wonder why they are making up nonsense trying to justify their incompetence by saying it’s a split mortgage issue ... they are literally making up new excuses everyday.

No cheque again today.

I'd say it's more the former than the latter. In the bank's defence, it is a significant logistical undertaking, I'd say, requiring a project team comprising a significant number of staff to ensure that 5900 cheques comprising the correct amounts get out to 5900 people. All that said, they've had months now to get their act together.

However, I myself am baffled as well as to the piecemeal nature of the payments to customers given that they're easily calculable by simple arithmetic. The interest on the 12% write down is a one-off calculation, especially now that they're doing it (wrongly) by simple interest.

Further, for the 300 cohort, they're kicking the can down the road by issuing either the €5,000 cheques and the balance within two months, or a larger amount followed by the balance within two months. It's this aspect in particular that I can't get my head around, given the relatively small number of customers involved and given that AIB is acting off the CBI Framework, which is prescriptive as to the remedies.

I wonder is AIB "testing the waters" so as to gauge reaction, by issuing the initial payments before deciding how exactly to proceed after?

I'm in the group of 300 and got the Letter this morning, with a Payment Form to be completed for the €5k payment. I'm guessing the form is required because it's a joint mortgage?

I'm in the group of 300 and got the Letter this morning, with a Payment Form to be completed for the €5k payment. I'm guessing the form is required because it's a joint mortgage?
I am also part of the 300 and received the letter with a cheque of €5000. This is also a joint mortgage but I didn’t have to complete a form. I do however now have to open a joint account so that I can lodge the cheque which is proving difficult to get an appointment. Might just open a joint post office account instead.

Back