AIB Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

I was told that the person I was dealing with previously was busy. I was asked why I was calling and my response was the same reason I was calling since Monday of last week, to find out where the cheque was.
I was put on hold.
The person came back and told me that they would have to email someone to find out what was going on and that they would come back to me today.
I explained that whoever it was that was to call me back, I wanted to make sure that they knew what was going on. I stressed that no offence was meant, but I was being told information by those answering the calls that was clearly untrue. Those answering the calls simply do not know what is happening. I said that there was no more point in talking to them because they were out of the loop, they are only aggravating the situation as a result of the misinformation and that I wanted to speak to someone else.
I said that it was AIB who advised people that the cheques would be posted by Aug 31st at the latest and it was now the 8th of September. I said if AIB had of told people it would be the 8th of September a week and a half ago, that would have been fine by me, but it was their own deadline that they were flaunting. I said this has been an issue caused by them 9 years ago, the money is ours by right and it is completely and utterly unacceptable to be stringing people along like this. I advised her that I had stayed at home later than normal with the expectation that the cheque was to be here today, as I wanted to lodge it - bills are due to be paid and yet again, I felt like an eejit for believing what I was told on Friday about the cheque being sent.
I said that whomever rings me back later, they had better have the correct information. I said that if it wasn't sent yet, I'm sending a courier over to collect it.
I'll let you know what they say later.

@Shay75 did you change an address in the last month? Just off the phone here and he said anyone that changed an address was held off till last to make sure the letters are issued to the correct address. I changed my address in branch in July he has no idea when they will be issued / sorted ... as useful as a chocolate frying pan.

I'm just off the phone with the helpline. Apparently my letter and cheque was all set to go on Aug 26th, at which point they spotted a typo. Road has been misspelled Raod and that was enough to set the entire process back two weeks. Shambolic is the only word for this crowd. Added to the simple interest calculation, it's another horrible customer experience that had dredged up some horrible memories.

@Shay75 did you change an address in the last month? Just off the phone here and he said anyone that changed an address was held off till last to make sure the letters are issued to the correct address. I changed my address in branch in July he has no idea when they will be issued / sorted ... as useful as a chocolate frying pan.

Hi,

I did not change my address, but they had entered my address as 25, not 23. They asked me if I wanted to change it to 23 with the knowledge that it would set the process back a few weeks. I told them not to, and they did it anyway!

I was told on Wednesday of last week that notwithstanding this change, the cheque was in that evening's post.

I was told on Friday that the letter was dated Wednesday, which is why I was told it was being sent out that day, but in fact, it was being sent Friday.

No cheque today.

Hi,

I did not change my address, but they had entered my address as 25, not 23. They asked me if I wanted to change it to 23 with the knowledge that it would set the process back a few weeks. I told them not to, and they did it anyway!

I was told on Wednesday of last week that notwithstanding this change, the cheque was in that evening's post.

I was told on Friday that the letter was dated Wednesday, which is why I was told it was being sent out that day, but in fact, it was being sent Friday.

No cheque today.
I’m the same I was told on Friday that the cheque would be in Monday’s post it had definitely been posted
Today I was told I’m not on the list of sent and they’ve no idea when it will be sorted... couldn’t say if it would be days or weeks ...

I’m the same I was told on Friday that the cheque would be in Monday’s post it had definitely been posted
Today I was told I’m not on the list of sent and they’ve no idea when it will be sorted... couldn’t say if it would be days or weeks ...

JFC - that is beyond incompetent. How you kept your cool, I don't know.

I rang back this afternoon. I was told (after being put on hold) that my situation has been escalated and someone would ring me back.
I was asked if that was okay, and I said frankly, no.

I told them that I owe money to tradesmen and that I have told those people what I was told by AIB. I said that while it may not be the case that AIB are purposefully taking the mick out of me, it appears to the tradesmen that I am taking it out of them. (The tradesmen are not kicking our door in - but they are due the money and are asking for it)
I said that last Friday I asked for a scanned copy of the letter so that I could show it to those that we owe money to and I was told that could not be done.

I said I wanted the truth, which should really not be that hard to deliver. Again, I said if the cheque was not sent, I would arrange a courier.
I was put on hold.

The call recommenced with the person telling me that it was being posted out this evening.
He said they are looking at getting a pdf sent to me (which was funny, as I was told on Friday that wasn't possible).

I said I had two final things to ask.
1) Why I was advised last week on 3 occasions the letter was in the post and it was not
2) As it was confirmed that the cheque was not posted, can I get a courier over to collect it today and end all of this messing around.

The person I was dealing with asked if I wanted to speak to his manager, and I said absolutely!

I was put on hold again.

The person came back on the phone to me. I was told the manager was on a conference call but...... they would try and organise a courier to deliver the cheque to me. I was told they would ring me back this afternoon with an update and they confirmed my mobile number before ending the call.

I will not be holding my breath. We will see what happens.

I rang back this afternoon. I was told (after being put on hold) that my situation has been escalated and someone would ring me back.
I was asked if that was okay, and I said frankly, no.

I told them that I owe money to tradesmen and that I have told those people what I was told by AIB. I said that while it may not be the case that AIB are purposefully taking the mick out of me, it appears to the tradesmen that I am taking it out of them. (The tradesmen are not kicking our door in - but they are due the money and are asking for it)
I said that last Friday I asked for a scanned copy of the letter so that I could show it to those that we owe money to and I was told that could not be done.

I said I wanted the truth, which should really not be that hard to deliver. Again, I said if the cheque was not sent, I would arrange a courier.
I was put on hold.

The call recommenced with the person telling me that it was being posted out this evening.
He said they are looking at getting a pdf sent to me (which was funny, as I was told on Friday that wasn't possible).

I said I had two final things to ask.
1) Why I was advised last week on 3 occasions the letter was in the post and it was not
2) As it was confirmed that the cheque was not posted, can I get a courier over to collect it today and end all of this messing around.

The person I was dealing with asked if I wanted to speak to his manager, and I said absolutely!

I was put on hold again.

The person came back on the phone to me. I was told the manager was on a conference call but...... they would try and organise a courier to deliver the cheque to me. I was told they would ring me back this afternoon with an update and they confirmed my mobile number before ending the call.

I will not be holding my breath. We will see what happens.
I was just told 5 mins ago that the cheques had to be posted and cannot be collected

Still no cheque here either. I have been ringing every day and they keep telling me it is being posted Rang last Friday and was told yes definitely will be in the post on Friday. Rang yesterday, girl I spoke to said yes it is on the mailing list it’s gone. Rang today and was told it’s not going in the post until tomorrow. I got very annoyed asked to speak to manager no one available. Then the girl who I spoke to yesterday and told me it was in the post rang me to apologize, she made a mistake she told me how much the cheque is for and that the last batch of letters are being posted tomorrow, if you can believe that.

I am pleased to advise that the cheque arrived by courier to our house yesterday at 17:25.

I believe that the staff on the helpline probably chipped in to pay for the courier to get me off their collective backs!

Have not lodged it yet, as the bank account names doesn't match the names on the cheque but we will sort that tomorrow.

Can I join the chorus of other folk in my genuine appreciation for Brendan, Karen and others who have worked tirelessly on this for all of us.

I will of course make the contribution to the bank account set up by Brendan and confirm that I will assist any and all efforts to secure a tracker for those denied it.

Many thanks

I am pleased to advise that the cheque arrived by courier to our house yesterday at 17:25.

I believe that the staff on the helpline probably chipped in to pay for the courier to get me off their collective backs!

Have not lodged it yet, as the bank account names doesn't match the names on the cheque but we will sort that tomorrow.

Can I join the chorus of other folk in my genuine appreciation for Brendan, Karen and others who have worked tirelessly on this for all of us.

I will of course make the contribution to the bank account set up by Brendan and confirm that I will assist any and all efforts to secure a tracker for those denied it.

Many thanks
Fair play to you . I am still waiting

Thanks @brendan - I'll add a few bob onto the contribution to cover the courier ;)

Thanks folks. Appreciate it.

I'd suggest anyone waiting on the cheque to pin them down on the issue of whether the cheque has been sent. Don't accept the call centre's word for it. Tell them they clearly don't have access to the facts. It is not their fault but literally, what they are telling you is useless.

If they confirm that it has not been sent, advise that a courier will be sent. Don't be reluctant to tell them that money is yours and you have been strung along for nearly two weeks, and that's on top of the 9-12 years.

Hopefully that might help in getting it resolved for you.

I sent back a payment form, which they confirmed they received on the 28th August. Postman has been and gone and still no cheque. It's now 10 working days later :mad:

I sent back a payment form, which they confirmed they received on the 28th August. Postman has been and gone and still no cheque. It's now 10 working days later :mad:
I'm in the very same position as yourself and received nothing today despite AIB confirming receipt of the payment instruction form on the 28th August. Just rang the helpling and have been advised there is a delay on the 10 working day timeframe. Told then that this was getting ridiculous and this was the first time hearing of a delay (even though have been speaking to them a few times over the last few days). Told them I wanted to know exactly when they would be issued. Took my number, going to follow up and call back. Getting really annoyed and fed up with this whole saga.

Back